anyone else not winning at poker?

I'm a winning player in live games and no matter what I do I cannot win online. Every hand that I play to the river, I take some kind of beat. Whether it be texas, omaha, 8/b, it doesn't matter. I'd really love to know why this only happens online. It has for years now and I'm sure it'll never stop.
Thats been my day today for sure. Not discouraged, but taking the rest of the day off.
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys,There is a big difference between live play and On line, I am a consistent winner on both but play mostly on line. I am going to get flamed for this I know but I can almost swear that on line IS rigged, the donkeys outdraw way to often. But there are big winners on line though I havent met one that did it via limit, most of the big bankroll guys are MTT players. I avg. about $1600 a month in the positive playing about 15 hours a week...this year I moved up from 3-6 to 5-10 and as of yesterday Im up $1500 for the mo. in limit paly plus another $2800 from MTT. should have been more considering I was the Chip leader for a good hour and a halfentering the money with a huge lead, a whole avg stack more than the next guy at the 200+16 at full tilt last night until I donked my stack off bluffing un bluffable players to finish 22nd. Now even though I have been a consistent winner On line I still do not trust it 100%...Its just my nature I guess.but there is a huge difference in the info you get on line vs. live. Being able to see tells and lets not forget the intimidation factor of the staredown are all absent on line. On line is beatable if you study every facet of your game....EVERY facet. Patience is key, I havent met anyone that crushes the game live or online with out going thru cold streaks....Poker is doing all the right things as best as you can regardless of results. I know its sounds like a zen thing but for you to start winning you must focus on the actions (how you play) regardless of results....winning is just a byproduct of correct play.Too many people are too focused on their bank roll that they adjust their play,they forget about pot odds when calling draws, make weak calls with bottom pair etc... and when it works they get paid off but over the long run has them in the negative and then cant understand why.

i'm winning. i'm not getting rich though thats for sure. If i calculate my hourly i think it would be about .0000000007 cents an hour lol. i started playing about a year ago with 1200 donked off 1140 playing 2-4 limit and kicked, clawed and bite my way back for +3k for the year playing SnGs and MTTs. i'm now so tight fisted with my bankroll its not even funny. But i figure being a bit too tight is better than the opposite. i cashed out everything execpt for 300 dollars which i put into FCP for the deposit bonus and i built that 300 over 1500 in the last couple moenths and im still working on the dep bonus. id really like to play for a semi living but i figure the bankroll needs to be about 20-25k before i could even entertain that idea.

If someone's not winning at the lower limits online it's because their game is fundamentally flawed. If you think poker is mainly about bluffing and making moves, you won't be able to beat the low limits. The lower limits are all about straight forward, tight, solid play. If you only raise for value and keep a careful watch on your pot odds, you should be able to beat the games over time.People think it's insanely stupid to chase a gut shot straight. But if you're getting 10:1 or better pot odds (you only need about 5.5:1 on the flop), you're correct to chase and you're losing money by folding. In the low limit games, this happens all the time. Especially the NL games where they raise preflop and then min bet all the way to the river.

J00 f000s be f1sh13sj00 no pl4y no more1 ch00nt b3 s4y1n th15j00 wh3r3 j4cks0n g3t m0n3y fr0mbu7 j00 r34lly ch00nt pl4yj00 st1nk l1k3 b00ty h0l3j4cks0n turn 50 am3r1c4n d0ll4rs 1n70 1100 4m3r1can s1nc3 j4nu4ry 1stj4cks0n 0n1y pl4y 4 6 m0nths n0wjackson f0ll0w b4nkr00l r00l s0m3wh47JaCkS0n pl4y w1th 100 bb and th3n m0v3 up wh3n m4k3 100 f0r n3xt l3v3lj4cks0n pl4y 5-10 n0wn0 m0v3 up t1ll j4cks0n make 10Kh4h4, f1sh 34t d1ck1st and last post

For those of you who got tired of bad beats and varainces in NLH or LH, give PLO8 or PLO a try.I walked the same paths as you guys, I'd got tired of NLH so I tried PLO8 then some PLO, from there it improved my plays and my understandings of poker in general. Now I am no longer complaining about bad beats and stuff.Good luck.

If someone's not winning at the lower limits online it's because their game is fundamentally flawed. If you think poker is mainly about bluffing and making moves' date=' you won't be able to beat the low limits. The lower limits are all about straight forward, tight, solid play. If you only raise for value and keep a careful watch on your pot odds, you should be able to beat the games over time.quote']I agree as a whole with these statements. I think a lot of it comes from the book reading ploy. All the time, people are quoting something written in Cardplayer or in a book...Something fundimental by Reese on Stud, something rock solid about NL by Brunson...I mean yes and no. I gotta put in the context that these guys are talking about strategm for their games. You can't use text book strategy for 20/40 limit stud that you would use in a $5 buy in tournie or a micro limit table. You can't use the size game of a 25,000 bank roll in a NL cash game and use the same theory and strategy "straight-up" when your talking about playing a 1/2 NL cash game with a $500 bank roll.The books are out there for that you just have to use what you learn in the teachings and how they apply to the structure and game you play with. I think a lot of people miss that when they get all caught up in the math that they are playing with the same 52 card deck and the same seven card game. Can't do that.Los
J00 f000s be f1sh13sj00 no pl4y no more1 ch00nt b3 s4y1n th15j00 wh3r3 j4cks0n g3t m0n3y fr0mbu7 j00 r34lly ch00nt pl4yj00 st1nk l1k3 b00ty h0l3j4cks0n turn 50 am3r1c4n d0ll4rs 1n70 1100 4m3r1can s1nc3 j4nu4ry 1stj4cks0n 0n1y pl4y 4 6 m0nths n0wjackson f0ll0w b4nkr00l r00l s0m3wh47JaCkS0n pl4y w1th 100 bb and th3n m0v3 up wh3n m4k3 100 f0r n3xt l3v3lj4cks0n pl4y 5-10 n0wn0 m0v3 up t1ll j4cks0n make 10Kh4h4, f1sh 34t d1ck1st and last post
what the hell?
im on a sick rush right now.i made about 3k in 7 months of serious play last yearso far im up $1200 this year already from playing well at 1-2 and final tableing 2 mtts already
Posting in the wrong thread.
im on a sick rush right now.i made about 3k in 7 months of serious play last yearso far im up $1200 this year already from playing well at 1-2 and final tableing 2 mtts already
Posting in the wrong thread.