• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I know, it's gonna be interesting what happens in that regard. Does it just get huge by word of mouth and youtube? Or do they come out with a "clean" version?? The latter seems unlikely, although stranger things have happened. Dilla's 'Fuck The Police,' incidentally an outstanding song, for some preposterous reason comes with a clean version in case you wanna play it at your niece's birthday party. But that song was never intended for radio, in any form, and never hit radio, in any form. This song ("F**k You") is practically made for radio, except that one lyric. EDIT: I forgot he also says shit and nigga a bunch of times. It has about half a million more views than it had 12 hours ago.
youtube's wonky update intervals produce some strange jumps in views.I mean, there's no way this was intended for radio. your edit made me giggle.
Has anybody ever called you a curmudgeon before?
mk's online persona is like my irl persona. if only there were some way to make one supercool dewd with the combined aptitudes.

Well yeah, it's meant to be a youtube hit. I'm just thinking that it's so catchy that the radio is gonna really want it cuz everybody's gonna wanna hear it, so I'm wondering what'll happen. But yeah, it has has aggressively anti-radio lyrics while being incredibly radio-friendly in almost every other respect. And it's not like I'm in love with this song. It's almost as annoying as it is fun, but on the other hand it's 10,000,000,000 times better than Ke$ha and all the other top 40 embarrassments. Sidenote: lol @ "Ke$ha"

sigh I am in love with the new sufjan.
well why don't you marry itand no tw, strat's right, only my online self is curmudgeonly. irl i am heaps of fun, i swear.but i do maintain that that song is worse than worthless.like, forgive me for sliding into fox news/everything i hate-territory here, but what about the children? THE CHILDREN FOR CHRISSAKES
Note: Royce's verse is kind of disappointing. The song he sampled is also pretty amazing. The Black Milk track was instantly recognizable to me but it took me a little googling to remind me what it was. The original is actually on 2 compilations that I've been spinning a lot. Blackrock - Yeah YeahThis song is also pretty filthy: Black Milk - Welcome (gotta go)

I remember someone in here saying they didnt like the new ARCADE FIRE. And after several listens, I have to say, I'm still not sure. But what I do know is that the Title Track is some ridiculously good shit. I am in love with that song right now.

I remember someone in here saying they didnt like the new ARCADE FIRE. And after several listens, I have to say, I'm still not sure. But what I do know is that the Title Track is some ridiculously good shit. I am in love with that song right now.
I know that I love some of the songs, but I'm still listening to the album to gauge how I feel about it as a whole. It took me a long time to really warm up to Neon Bible, but I now think it's an excellent album.Anyway, these songs blow my mind:Ready to StartEmpty RoomSprawl II
http://shuffler.fmThis site is a lot like Pandora, except you can go back and listen to the same song again. You also aren't limited in skips, since they are actually sending you to different music blogs.If there isn't a shuffle feature, though, it might suck.Even then, it would be an excellent source for finding good music blogs.First song it gave me on the indie channel:Sufjan Stevens - I Walked

dear mikhail: why have you not forced me to listen to odelay in the history of this thread? all this time I haven't been listening to it and instead I could have been listening to it. jesus dude, HUGE FAIL on your part.

dear mikhail: why have you not forced me to listen to odelay in the history of this thread? all this time I haven't been listening to it and instead I could have been listening to it. jesus dude, HUGE FAIL on your part.
While you're at it, there was this guy in the 1500's who wrote some pretty sweet plays. His name was Shakespeare. You should check out one of them called "King Lear." It's very good.