what music are you guys listening to?

This thread is the best thing that ever happened to me. Well, it and bit torrent.God Save The Clientele is really good. Maybe it's just what I was in the mood for, though. Do they have anything else I should check out? Is it similar?
Strange Geometry is pretty awesome. There are some great songs on it, but it works REALLY well as a thematic album type thingy.Suburban Light is really really really good, too.For some reason, I'm kinda surprised you like The Clientele, but glad all the same. If you like God Save the Clientele, you'll like Strange Geometry, too. I think my favorite The Clientele song is "Since K Got Over Me," the starter from SG.Wang
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

Neutral Milk Hotel is incredible. I can't believe I've never heard them. I've listened to Holland, 1945 like a million times. Not that I haven't listened the rest of that album a million times.
I think I've gone through that "songrepeat" phase with every song on that album. A girl I knew who had an unrequited thing for me used to give me music suggestions, and she sent me "King of Carrot Flowers, Pt. I." I listened to it, and I was just thinking "What the fuck?" A few weeks later I listened again, and it was kinda catchy, so I downloaded the whole album and figured out what all the hub-bub was about.A few years back, a good friend of mine had a younger brother who killed himself. It was a big service, and alot of people spoke, and he and his sister were scheduled to go last. They didn't know what to say, and since he was a pretty good musician and she was a relatively talented vocalist, they played "Two-Headed Boy" and "Two-Headed Boy Part 2." I'm not one to get emotional at the drop of a hat, but I'm willing to admit the performance was enough to get my eyes a little watery. Anyway, right now I'm in the mood for a little shoegaze, so I'm starting with Twilight Sad- Fourteen Autumns and Fifteen Winters. Probably just going to end up listening to Loveless halfway through, though.Wang
Alright, you guys kick ***. Now I'm taking non-rap suggestions as well. If possible, I'd like to see one album to download, and a few other artists/albums to check out if I like it. 500 points for every suggestion I like (Cannibal Ox gets 1000). I'm sick to death of most of my music, and I now have 15 free gigs. Begin.
Have you listened to Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane over the Sea ? (Non-rap)It's been mentioned many times on this thread, and it's awesome. Super awesome. Probably my favourite.
Neutral Milk Hotel is incredible. I can't believe I've never heard them. I've listened to Holland, 1945 like a million times. Not that I haven't listened the rest of that album a million times.
Have I taken the lead yet in the awesomematrix (one word? I can't remember.) Perhaps we're done with that joke. I really hope not, because I think I may have a legitimate shot at taking it down.Like Wang, I've done the repeat thing for every track, the only album it's ever happened for me. Modest Mouse is coming close with "We were dead...", but they will fail.
Have I taken the lead yet in the awesomematrix (one word? I can't remember.) Perhaps we're done with that joke. I really hope not, because I think I may have a legitimate shot at taking it down.Like Wang, I've done the repeat thing for every track, the only album it's ever happened for me. Modest Mouse is coming close with "We were dead...", but they will fail.
Sorry, but you haven't posted in a while so your status in the awesome matrix has fallen. Hold on, let me calculate your eigenvalues........Yup, you're down to a 462, -462, and many other complex eigenvalues that we will reject on physical grounds. Sorry.
I dowloaded it, but didn't get around to listening until Wang reminded me. I guess I score it 70% you, 20% Wang, and then 10% to Me just for having the foresight to know to listen to you guys.I stopped keeping track of that awhile ago, but I'm sure you're top five. You, Wang and McGee are really in a three-man race.This album has real favorite album potential, along with Funeral.

The past couple of days I just can't get enough of Billy Corgan/ Smashing Pumpkins. When I am not listening to Billy, I have been playing Radiohead's OK Computer.

guns n' roses - live era. i forgot how bad *** that band could be.

I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but the one guy I alway dug who you guys mostly like is Beck. I've listened to Beck since like '98, and I just gotten around to loading up on some stuff I missed while listening to Yngwie Malmstien and and the like (I don't like to talke about it), and some stuff I just couldn't afford before stealing got to riskfree, and I really forgot how much I love him.

I loved Smashing Pumpkins when they first came out in the early 90s. Then somehow I lost touch.Well, I bought Billy Corgan's solo CD The Last Embrace and Zwan's Mary Star of the Sea and I can honestly say, Billy Corgan is a musical God.

Dutch, you have to get an album called I am a Bird Now by Antony and the Johnsons. It's an amazing record, Antony has a beautiful and haunting voice, and his songs are both powerful and chilling. It's not exactly light listening.

For anybody into Woodie Guthrie or Bob Dylan, I think you should check out The Nightwatchman. It is Tom Morello of Rage Against The Machine and Audioslave playing acoustic folk songs.

In the spirit of my forthcoming gun, I'm pounding gangsta' rap, and for the newly converted sudohipster, only Ghosty 'll do (I'm told Pitchfork really loves him. To be honest I don't really like the site, but I'm sure a lotta' what you turn me onto, they had some hand in publicizing to the point where I know about it at all, but the layout is horrible...I'm going to tale this off because the close parenthese is giving way under the sheer weight of my malformed thought). I really don't understand what's so great about Fishscale, though; Supreme Clientele is 10 times as good. The Champ was incredibly sick, but as a whole, it's maybe my fourth favorite Ghostface album. While looking into it, though, I did find this, which is sure to rock my cunt off.