what music are you guys listening to?

I listen to Regina Spektor and Peter, Bjorn & John.I also like Justin Timberlake.I BREAK DOWN BARRIERS.
I listen to Regina Spektor, and happen to LOVE Peter, Bjorn and John as well as Keith Fullerton Whitman. But the important word in my original paragraph was ONLY; I happen to really like that Gym Class Heroes song that's on the radio, and thought Future Sex/ Love Sounds was pretty cool.Wang
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hans, boubie, I'm your white knight

holy shit, I can't stop listening to Run The Jewels 2

Bob Dylan.

I listen to Regina Spektor, and happen to LOVE Peter, Bjorn and John as well as Keith Fullerton Whitman. But the important word in my original paragraph was ONLY; I happen to really like that Gym Class Heroes song that's on the radio, and thought Future Sex/ Love Sounds was pretty cool.Wang
I caught the ONLY, but chose to ignore it.

A while ago when everyone was nutting over LCD Soundsystem I assumed I'd hate them, but I downloaded both albums, just to feel like one of the big kids. I finally listened to Sound of Silver, and it really is pretty awesome. I'm hooked.In more obvious news, I'm digging The Arctic Monkeys a lot.

anyone listen to willy mason? if so is his new album 'If the oceans get rough' worth investing in? I loved 'Where the Humans eat' but haven't heard much about the new one.

does anyone know the bjork song where its just her singing with harps in the background?
It may be:"Like Someone in Love" from the album Debut

You know what Bjork song I love?All Is Full Of Love.The Death Cab For Cutie cover isn't half-bad either. But the original...just wow.

picked up fujiya miyagi again . . . nice!what's new? (been out of commission, and no time to review all posts so someone kindly summarize. grazie!!!)

Regina Spektor is dope, and all the better if you've seen her live. Mix that up with some Fiona Apple and you got it down hey remember that time when I would only smoke Parliamentshey remember that time when I would only smoke Marlboroshey remember that time when I would only smoke Camelshey remember that time when I was broke I didn't care I'd just bum from my friends
Regina Spektor is dope, and all the better if you've seen her live. Mix that up with some Fiona Apple and you got it down hey remember that time when I would only smoke Parliamentshey remember that time when I would only smoke Marlboroshey remember that time when I would only smoke Camelshey remember that time when I was broke I didn't care I'd just bum from my friends
My friend turned me on to her, and I'm still kind of getting used to the sound. However, the other artist she turned me on to was Amy Winehouse, and I've been listening to "Back to Black" non stop since. Great album, great voice and style, and extremely hot in a kind of raunchy, British, alcoholic rocker chick way.

nin - year zeroagain.that and gorecki's latest string quartet.

Disturbed - Land of Confusion
GREAT ALBUM!
Yeah, I agree completely. I wore the first album out. It was awesome because it was great music, AND everyone in college loved it. Kind of a nice little bridge between alt/hipsters and quasitraditionalists/lame-asses. You can still put like 8-10 Strokes songs on a 50 song party mix, and nobody will be unhappy. Except people who only listen to Regina Spektor and Keith Fullerton Whitman and Peter, Bjorn and John, and look down on anything even mildly popular. And those people are exclusionary lame-asses.Mary Poppins.Wang
i never understood the elitist strokes backlash. i mean, those guys are just way too fuckin cool. i mean, they're cooler than anyone you or i know. by about 8 zillion miles. plus their music is just plain old great. it is absolutely great in the ramones/johnny cash/dylan sense of great, i.e. simplicity, economy. i pretty much love everything about them. sure, the latest was disappointing, but there are some really good songs even still. if anyone thinks they suck, i tell that person to go see 'em live. they are sickkkkk tight, total face-melters.and btw, i give it about 2 more weeks before the knucklehead non-music music elitists start shunning peter, bjorn and john because too many "lame" people like it.
Improbably, I want to do Regina Spektor really, really badly. It's the voice, I think.
i saw her play a show in nyc a few years ago before she got signed, and it was just her on a crappy little casio keyboard, and the place was so engrossed by her performance you could literally hear a pin drop during her set. it was stunning.

BTW, I saw Bjork live the other night. She put on a really amazing show, and I was pretty blown away even from as far away as my seats were. Her best songs live:BacheloretteWonderlustArmy of MeArmy of Me was my favorite, mostly due to her use of giant lasers during the song. Anyway, check her out if you get a chance, since she'll be touring for a long time for her new album.

BTW, I saw Bjork live the other night. She put on a really amazing show, and I was pretty blown away even from as far away as my seats were. Her best songs live:BacheloretteWonderlustArmy of MeArmy of Me was my favorite, mostly due to her use of giant lasers during the song. Anyway, check her out if you get a chance, since she'll be touring for a long time for her new album.
I'm not going to be able to see her when she comes through Washington.I also missed Morrissey last night. And The Decemberists on Friday.And I'm missing Peter, Bjorn & John with Fujiya & Miyagi this weekend.My next show will be Ben Gibbard/Dave Bazan solo.
I've been revisiting vintage/classic Dylan over the last few days.
I love me some Hurricane. I don't get tired of that song.

I've still been listening to a combination of Menomena's- I am the fun blame monsterandThe Wrens- MeadowlandsThe last few days has been alot of Meadowlands. The Wrens are a band that almost never get mentioned in here, and I'd encourage you all to listen to Meadowlands.Wang