stock market thread

Interesting comment about the month of June in minyanville.comOf the ten months leading up to the November Presidential election, the month of June has seen the most up months since 1950. All but two resulted in a gain for the SPX (Higher 12 out of 14).I bought some HRS Today after they were crushed following their statement that they weren't looking to sell.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting comment about the month of June in minyanville.comOf the ten months leading up to the November Presidential election, the month of June has seen the most up months since 1950. All but two resulted in a gain for the SPX (Higher 12 out of 14).I bought some HRS Today after they were crushed following their statement that they weren't looking to sell.
I didnt buy anything today but I added to my Oil Services position and the Coal/Steel/Materials ETF (XME) after last weeks dips. June might not be so good if the financial carnage continues! But...it could provide another sick buying opportunity.

Monsanto, Mosaic, Potash....off to the races, yet again. :club: All time highs being destroyed for the umpteenth time. Oil Services and materials also looking very nice.

Monsanto, Mosaic, Potash....off to the races, yet again. :club: All time highs being destroyed for the umpteenth time. Oil Services and materials also looking very nice.
Don't forget AGU, the cheap forgotten stepchild :)Now if the FCC would get off their ass and approve Sirius I'd be happy kitteh.
wished I owned those.check out PON. tsx venture. I bought 2k worth as a flier today.
wished I owned those.check out PON. tsx venture. I bought 2k worth as a flier today.
Can't find anything with ticker Symbol PON.

Nice - now thats a mutual fundCGM FOCUS FUNDNet Asset Value: 58.94Trade Time: 5:43PM ETChange: Up 2.64 (4.69%)

Not to brag but PTEK has had an nice week, jumping 50% monday, 40% Tuesday 25% Wednesday and 5% today to close at $5.40 Up $3.35 for the week on low volume.Now if I just hadn't bought it at $6.40 :club:

Not to brag but PTEK has had an nice week, jumping 50% monday, 40% Tuesday 25% Wednesday and 5% today to close at $5.40 Up $3.35 for the week on low volume.Now if I just hadn't bought it at $6.40 :club:
And down 12% today :ts PokerTek just burns money like it's going out of style. Watched that stock go all the way down from the teens, I even owned it for a while back in the day but got out with a small gain before it crashed and burned all the way. ----and on another note...ahhhh oil. :-/
And down 12%18% today :club: PokerTek just burns money like it's going out of style. Watched that stock go all the way down from the teens, I even owned it for a while back in the day but got out with a small gain before it crashed and burned all the way. ----and on another note...ahhhh oil. :-/
FYPI'm getting good at this stock thing.Normally I have to buy a stock to sink it.Now I just have to mention it.I wonder what would happen to Krispy Kreme if I short it?Do I have the power?
I love when my Ameritrade pie chart looks like a pizza...with no cheese. gg my portfolio.
lol, I know that pie chart well. Except i've still got gains in XME, PXJ, Monsanto and TGB - Coal/Steel Materials, Oil Services, Best Stock Ever, and copper :)Still a down day and pretty ugly overall though.But on a down 300 day, it looks like CGMFX is going to book a gain. Ship it!
lol, I know that pie chart well. Except i've still got gains in XME, PXJ, Monsanto and TGB - Coal/Steel Materials, Oil Services, Best Stock Ever, and copper :)Still a down day and pretty ugly overall though.But on a down 300 day, it looks like CGMFX is going to book a gain. Ship it!
lol nice....I wish I could say the same...but instead Im getting killed lol
Brag. popped to $2.7 in the morning. sold it for a 700 dollar profit. Beat went down to $2.4 bought some more, sold for 2.50 but now at 2.79
Should we start a pool for what time Wrongway will be posting tonight?
lol yea i'm surprised it hasn't happened yet. Just don't say his name 3 times.I changed my mind, CGMFX isnt gonna book a gain lol...what a breakdown the last hour. Pretty crazy day. Never seen oil go up so much at once. Oh wellz.

Picked up EXTR (Extreme Networks) and OXPS (Options Express), two stocks that have been mentioned as buyout candidates. EXTR has drifted back down to where it was before the first news hit and OXPS has been in a nice slow uptrend.

Picked up EXTR (Extreme Networks) and OXPS (Options Express), two stocks that have been mentioned as buyout candidates. EXTR has drifted back down to where it was before the first news hit and OXPS has been in a nice slow uptrend.
They are saying Nucor will buy somebody out with their newfound cash. I wish I could figure out which one. Unfortunately there were no less than 10 small cap steel stocks so no way in hell i'm educated to figure out which one they might buy. Maybe if I spent a ton of time on the balance sheets and cash flows I could figure out the likely best targets. But I still think i'd have a very small chance of being right. Though owning a bunch of steel stocks probably isn't a bad holding to have! </ramble>

you know it is a bad day when a spike in oil prices causes all your stocks to drop....EVEN your oil stocks (Chevron and Exxon for me).I have got to stop checking the market every day.

I really really really ned to learn to take some off the table after a good mini run in markets like this.Foolishly I got into Regions Financial (a regional bank that's been beaten up badly, obv)In my eagerness, though, I did unload soem NatGas stock (EGN) the day the inventories came out. Bad move so far. I'm not botherd by missing the right time, as much as I"m bothered by not knowing what my style/.plan is.Sell winners, or chase gains?Get in early and leave early, or wait for confirmation and play the middle of the curves. (whether it's getting on or staying out for a while)I'm afraid I move to early usually.Hopefully SSGDX, my lone remaining significant play on Energy/Commodities will save me from a almost 3% loss across a diversified portfolio.ps.. Also, I need to keep more cash out; but hate not being fully invested during any decent up trend (goes back to my originally learning to "just put it all in Stock mutual funds and let it grow. Leave it alone")

I have got to stop checking the market every day.
QFT...well atleast on days such as this one when your not planning any moves.