serious self-esteem issues (as usual)

Daniel,I really feel sorry for you. I do. It's so funny how much you want and need people to like you. I've said it before, but the 12 year olds on this site don't really understand psychology too well so they didn't get it. You constantly brag about where you are and what you are doing and even worse, brag about "something I cant tell you about..haha..LOL" This latest blog is yet another example. You could have easily stated, "I was waiting in line at the airport," but instead had to write, "I was waiting IN FIRST CLASS." Like it really matters. And by the way, staying rich means being frugal with your money, not wasting it on first class - unless of course you used points which the rest of us poor folk do - but knowing you, you will tell us how not only did you fly first class, you bought the tickets on the day of the flight with cash (paying $5000 extra) and being hassled by TSA.I've got my flame-retardant clothes on - the 12 year old lemmings on this site are definitely gonna respond.

I've got my flame-retardant clothes on - the 12 year old lemmings on this site are definitely gonna respond.
What's with you and 12 year old forum dwellers ? I think someone like you, with a psychiatry PhD and all, should see a meaning in referencing so many times 12 year old boys in one single post on an internet forum.Have you ever visited a turkish prison ? Do you like gladiator movies ?...
I've got my flame-retardant clothes on - the 12 year old lemmings on this site are definitely gonna respond.
What's with you and 12 year old forum dwellers ? I think someone like you, with a psychiatry PhD and all, should see a meaning in referencing so many times 12 year old boys in one single post on an internet forum.Have you ever visited a turkish prison ? Do you like gladiator movies ?...
You are the one who mentioned boys, my friend, not me. Freudian slip perhaps? Maybe you have the issues?

Although i respect DN for his poker play and success..I agree with the OP that going out of your way to show off is kinda lame.I thought the same thing when reading the "waiting in the FIRST CLASS line"....oh palleeezz..who cares...you are getting on a plane.regardless..i love traveling, and id kill for an opportunity to travel around the world for a month playing poker.

You really take that to heart? So what if its first class?When I read that line I actually laughed and I thought hahaha oh Daniel your so great. hahaI'd expect him to travel 1st class anyway, plus with amount of traveling he'll do it be a lot easier and more relaxing in first class :club: I don't see why you'd take it to heart like that unless you were jealous or something. But thats just my 2 cents I guess everyone takes it diferently

im about to get on a flight, economy class, first class is for people better than me, sometimes i try and get some of the first class crumbs but they shy me away because of my shabby clothing

im about to get on a flight, economy class, first class is for people better than me, sometimes i try and get some of the first class crumbs but they shy me away because of my shabby clothing

Part of the appeal of Daniel's blog is that it gives people a glimpse into the life of a top professional poker player. He plays in the big game, he makes $22,000 impulse purchases, he flies back and forth to places on the same day, and yes, he flies first class.A lot of people want to hear about his lifestyle and he is giving the people what they want.

You constantly brag about where you are and what you are doingI agree with the OP that going out of your way to show off is kinda lame. ************************************************So what is DN supposed to talk about in his blogs??...and WHY are you reading it if you don't want to see what Daniel has to say about his life and ideas/thoughts in general?I don't think he brags or shows off at all...he just tells it like it is from inside his head...if you don't like what's in there does that make him wrong in some way, or you??It's like the whole issue of being offended...you can't say anything that offends me, but I can be offended by what you say...that's not your problem, it's mine!!

Part of the appeal of Daniel's blog is that it gives people a glimpse into the life of a top professional poker player. He plays in the big game, he makes $22,000 impulse purchases, he flies back and forth to places on the same day, and yes, he flies first class.A lot of people want to hear about his lifestyle and he is giving the people what they want.
****************************This is pretty much what I meant!! :D:club:
Part of the appeal of Daniel's blog is that it gives people a glimpse into the life of a top professional poker player. He plays in the big game, he makes $22,000 impulse purchases, he flies back and forth to places on the same day, and yes, he flies first class. A lot of people want to hear about his lifestyle and he is giving the people what they want.
very true
when i fly they usually put me in the no class section
:club:
I Concur, Oh wait, I should have concurred too! Ahhh Dam!
I agree. I believe Danile is writing his blog for those that enjoy reading about HIM. Sort of like he would write a letter to a friend. (No I am not saying Daniel is my special friend) I don't think he could care less what all the "haters" have to say. I frankly enjoy his blogs.EStormOk

I skipped all the replys..i'm guessing most were flamers. Anyway...IMO..I kind of understand DN and he is using this forum to entertain...but like TV he's putting in commercials from time to time. As a business person I understand this.Although...I can't stand when he talks about having a meeting, etc and it's about something he cant tell us about right now. Why even say that...just say I had a meeting and that's it..if you can't tell us what it was about don't say that...you just don't write about the details. Some of the time it's just out of the blue and has no purpose...to me it's like he is trying to build hype as if someone has advised him this is what he should do to build hype. The funny thing is that it does work for most people...but it's annoying to others.

I skipped all the replys..i'm guessing most were flamers. Anyway...IMO..I kind of understand DN and he is using this forum to entertain...but like TV he's putting in commercials from time to time. As a business person I understand this.Although...I can't stand when he talks about having a meeting, etc and it's about something he cant tell us about right now. Why even say that...just say I had a meeting and that's it..if you can't tell us what it was about don't say that...you just don't write about the details. Some of the time it's just out of the blue and has no purpose...to me it's like he is trying to build hype as if someone has advised him this is what he should do to build hype. The funny thing is that it does work for most people...but it's annoying to others.
I think its obvious he has no advisors - if he did, half the stuff he writes would not be written. He's not smart enough to know how to deal with banks. He's not smart enough to realize he alienates people by his blog. And he's not smart enough to surround himself with people who actually like him for him and not WHO he is - its obvious that his closest people care more about WHAT he is - otherwise he wouldn't talk the way he does. I just feel sorry for that kind of person.Oh, and really, what are the chances he even makes 1 final table this year? Let's be honest, it's just not gonna happen - the odds are so far against - even for kidpoker.
I think its obvious he has no advisors - if he did, half the stuff he writes would not be written. He's not smart enough to know how to deal with banks. He's not smart enough to realize he alienates people by his blog. And he's not smart enough to surround himself with people who actually like him for him and not WHO he is - its obvious that his closest people care more about WHAT he is - otherwise he wouldn't talk the way he does. I just feel sorry for that kind of person.Oh, and really, what are the chances he even makes 1 final table this year? Let's be honest, it's just not gonna happen - the odds are so far against - even for kidpoker.
someone is bitter
Maybe he alienates some people with his blog, but it was specifically his blog that gained him a lot of fans and a big part of how this website got so popular. When you're dealing with a large audience it is just about impossible to please everyone. And since most of his audience enjoys his blogs the way they are, it would be smart of him to continue in the manner in which he is accustomed.Why is it obvious that his closest people care more about what he is? How do you have intimate knowledge of his friends and advisors?
And he's not smart enough to surround himself with people who actually like him for him and not WHO he is .
******************************************Sounds like you'd be the perfect friend for Daniel to hang around with!! Y'know, cause you'd like him for who he is not who he is!! :roll: :club:

I am sure that if any of us were in Daniel's shoes we would have faded a long time before he won all those WPT .. the amount of pressure he faces everyday .. has he got the life .. yes .. is it always easy for him .. no .. I like reading Daniel's Blog b/c it gives u a look into his everyday life, his poker life and his business life .. his honesty .. his humour .. and even a little bit of his opinions on current events ..donkboat 2 :club: 7 :D

Just when I thought the "daniel we know we've been sold" or whatever that crappy post was ranked #1 as the worst posts ever...this one out did it.Another 10 seconds of my life wasted.

What I don't get is why anybody's oppinions but Daniel's matter. To the OP, and agree-ers, if you don't like it... so what? He should change for you? If you percieve it as gloating... so what? If he didn't give any details wouldn't it be quite boring to read:"I went to a meeting. I drove in a car. I played poker...."blah. It's the details that make reading interesting.And since it's HIS place to vent and memory dump. That's his right.If I blog, and write about getting a new TV. Is it gloating if I say what kind? Because some people might htink that saying I have an LCD TV is gloating. But others a LCD is no big deal. I might say I went out to dinner. There may be some people that can't afford to go out to dinner. So I'm shoving it in their faces, because I can do that and they can't?My point is. Just because you view it as gloating. Or showing off. Or what have you. Just remember. That even saying you're flying could be considered showing off by some. And even saying he left the city, may be bragging. Because everyone has differant circumstances.So basically. Chill out. If you odn't like it. Don't read it.