espn fantasy poker league - sign up

Wow, this is pretty cool.I was surprised that one had as many as 30 points to spend looking at the cost of some of the top players. Still I didn't take the "safe" bet but instead I choosed a team with real personality. Tony (Tony G) Guoga (my "All-In player" for the PokerStars Caribbean Poker Adventure)John Juanda Erik Seidel Juha HelppiPhil Laak Tuan Le Daniel Negreanu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, i'm in too, in the Full Contact one, the other one was full. This is my first time doing it, so it will be interesting to see how i go.This is my team:Phil Ivey (come on, gotta have ivey)Howard Lederer (hopefully he plays alot more events this year, i'm taking a gamble)Joe Sobek (why do they have it in there as John, is that his real name, i hope its the right guy...)Justin Bonomo aka ZeeJustin (Is he 21 yet? I hope he is....)Paul Darden (always liked the guy, and he seems to do pretty well)Joe Hachem ( I think this guy has the skills to make many more final tables, lets hope he does it next year)Daniel Negreanu ( Lets hope he has a better year this year, i'm sure he will)Total points used: 25.1I wanted Mark Traniello (sp?), but couldn't find him, so didn't end up getting him.
Zee isnt yet 21. He will probably get to play 2 or 3 tourneys all year.
Ok, thanks Hoosier, i didn't think he was 21 yet, but saw someone else chose him, and so i chose him too. I might trade him for a higher profile player, since i will have the points, and really, i didn't go for all the high points players, i think Daniel was my second highest buy, and he was only 3 or something like that.

I didnt get to sign in w/ fcp...i think it was full..so i dont even know if Im part of a group...anyway i got:Phil Ivey Allen Cunningham Ted Forrest Mike (The Mouth) Matusow Daniel Negreanu Patrick Jackson <-------------------FCP'er show some support Scott Fischman

based on the way that I have seen in the past with basketball and football leagues, your best bet on this is to pick a couple locks, i.e. ferguson, the master and ivey and then try to fill up with "cheap" players points wise. As the year goes on, the values will change. You will be able to go above 30.0 points if you locked in for less, i.e. if you pick up DN for 2.7 and he goes up to a 4.5, it won't affect your 30.0 unless you drop him then try to repick him up. sorry if this doesn't make sense, just trying to help a little

Well, Ferguson won't play in Atlantis so I will only pick him in the WSOP events. Maybe soon the contract issued will be resolved and he will play in the rest of the WPT events. What about the rest of the FTP crew? Will Ivey play?

Hey guys - thanks for signing up to play the game, it should be a lot of fun. I was going to post it to the board, but felt better than someone beat me to it.If you have any questions/comments/etc about your experience or the game, please let me know.Thanks and good luck,Andrew Feldman (AJ Suited)ESPN Poker Club

I'm in, also

I'm in.Everybody is going down in my group #2. :roll: :wink: :!: Somebody Sticky this thread so all the fcp'ers can enter a group before the first tourney starts on Wed morning.

Hey guys - thanks for signing up to play the game, it should be a lot of fun. I was going to post it to the board, but felt better than someone beat me to it.If you have any questions/comments/etc about your experience or the game, please let me know.Thanks and good luck,Andrew Feldman (AJ Suited)ESPN Poker Club
Let Canadians play.
Hey guys - thanks for signing up to play the game, it should be a lot of fun.  I was going to post it to the board, but felt better than someone beat me to it.If you have any questions/comments/etc about your experience or the game, please let me know.Thanks and good luck,Andrew Feldman (AJ Suited)ESPN Poker Club
Let Canadians play.
Canadians can't play??? I'm signed up....oh ya, and I'm Canadian too
I just mixed up my whole lineup and I'm still not sure exactly who is boycotting and who isn't.  Oh well.
basically nobody.