FCPHA: Big Table in the Back

there's no way gretzky didn't know.wiretaps of him trying to keep his wife out of harms way are damning.  the fact that assistant coaches who WEREN'T involved with it knew what was going on is damning.  gretzky's a lying POS now, peh?te rose, if you will.
is he claiming he knew nothing about it? There is rule in the NHL about betting on sports, just betting on Hockey is illegal. Roenick was betting on sports and nothing happened to him, to call him a Pete Rose is a little premature
yes, he's claiming he knew nothing about it.
Sorry, you are wrong. He has not said he knew nothing about it; he has said that he has not placed any bets. Here is the text of his statement. I think everyone that is referring to him as a "lying POS" or "Pete Rose" should hold off a little because as far as I know, the knowledge that someone has gambled whether it be your wife, a stranger or your siamese twin is not a crime. It would be similar to claiming that we are all guilty of a crime because we know of people who are gambling while underage.
Monkey, you are right. The knowledge that someone else made a bet may not be a crime....but IF he was aware of what his wife was doing, as I said before...it is extremely poor judgement on his behalf. If he finds out his wife is betting he is supposed to say..."Hunny, I am the most recognizable figure in the game of hockey, and in the entire world. Many consider me to be THE ambassador of hockey. I have a completely clean reputation and am admired by many...including being a hero to many younger minor hockey players. I cannot have my reputation ruined if you are caught placing illegal sports gambling bets. You must stop." And what about the possibility that she made those bets on his behalf? Only a verbal arrangement between them? No proof. Ok hunny....if you get caught, you go down ok? I'll tell them I didn't know. And technically I didn't place any bets. He may not have done anything criminal. But he very well may have done something very unethical. And the reason I brought all this up in the first place, is that I just think it's such a shame. I hate to see a guy with so much respect and so many accomplishments, get taken down by something like this.
  • Replies 347.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nikki_N

• dolfan

• renaedawn

• jeff_536

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm about to drink wine and eat french fries. Gourmet.edit: Yep...I liked my own post.

I'm back in the land of cold weather, wind, and snow. I left CA on a day it reached 90 degrees and arrived in Anchorage to 12 degree weather, caught a plane to Unalaska where it was 34 with 2 inches o

Posted Images

there's no way gretzky didn't know.wiretaps of him trying to keep his wife out of harms way are damning.  the fact that assistant coaches who WEREN'T involved with it knew what was going on is damning.  gretzky's a lying POS now, peh?te rose, if you will.
of course he knew, but really, who the fuck cares. As long as his wife and Rick Tochett didn't bet on Hockey games that he was involved in, I really don't care what people do in their personal time. People are so ready to judge, but really who cares. If Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays were playing these days, they'd also be considered POS' too from some of the things that they were involved in. People are people, so why on earth should we hold an athlete or person in the public eye to a different standard. The guy was trying to protect his wife. If you were him, would you throw your wife underneath the train, Fuck No
is he claiming he knew nothing about it? There is rule in the NHL about betting on sports, just betting on Hockey is illegal. Roenick was betting on sports and nothing happened to him, to call him a Pete Rose is a little premature
yes, he's claiming he knew nothing about it.
Sorry, you are wrong. He has not said he knew nothing about it; he has said that he has not placed any bets. Here is the text of his statement. I think everyone that is referring to him as a "lying POS" or "Pete Rose" should hold off a little because as far as I know, the knowledge that someone has gambled whether it be your wife, a stranger or your siamese twin is not a crime. It would be similar to claiming that we are all guilty of a crime because we know of people who are gambling while underage.
Monkey, you are right. The knowledge that someone else made a bet may not be a crime....but IF he was aware of what his wife was doing, as I said before...it is extremely poor judgement on his behalf. If he finds out his wife is betting he is supposed to say..."Hunny, I am the most recognizable figure in the game of hockey, and in the entire world. Many consider me to be THE ambassador of hockey. I have a completely clean reputation and am admired by many...including being a hero to many younger minor hockey players. I cannot have my reputation ruined if you are caught placing illegal sports gambling bets. You must stop." And what about the possibility that she made those bets on his behalf? Only a verbal arrangement between them? No proof. Ok hunny....if you get caught, you go down ok? I'll tell them I didn't know. And technically I didn't place any bets. He may not have done anything criminal. But he very well may have done something very unethical. And the reason I brought all this up in the first place, is that I just think it's such a shame. I hate to see a guy with so much respect and so many accomplishments, get taken down by something like this.
I don't see how it reflects on Gretzky. Are you saying that he should control his wife. Perhaps he did have that conversation with Janet, but she still chose to make the bets.Should Daniel be held responsible because FCP has 17 year olds playing poker which he is most likely aware of as it has been mentioned in many posts?
still though, knowledge that your wife is betting through an illegal gambling ring, along with 2 prominent people of your staff, one of which is running the thing....gretzky should have known better than to even allow that to go on.  he has QUITE a bit of pull with the coyotes, so if he would have said "quit this or i'm gone," i have to believe that the gambling ring would have either ceased operations or the people he knew that were involved would have dropped out of it.
what is the BFD. Illegal bets are made all the time across this country. As long as he didn't place any bets on teams that he has control over, why should anything else matter. It wasn't his buisness , how is he gonna tell someone to stop, and how is he gonna prevent it from happening. Seriously, its shit like this is why america needs legal betting places that aren't in Vegas. Did u bet on sports when u lived in Florida, then it was illegal. I love making sports bets, and I don't see why anyone should care what someone does with their own money.
of course he knew, but really, who the fuck cares. As long as his wife and Rick Tochett didn't bet on Hockey games that he was involved in, I really don't care what people do in their personal time. People are so ready to judge, but really who cares. If Mickey Mantle and Willie Mays were playing these days, they'd also be considered POS' too from some of the things that they were involved in. People are people, so why on earth should we hold an athlete or person in the public eye to a different standard. The guy was trying to protect his wife. If you were him, would you throw your wife underneath the train, Fuck No
i'd throw ang under the train if she did something to ruin my image as the face of an entire sport. absolutely i would.
still though, knowledge that your wife is betting through an illegal gambling ring, along with 2 prominent people of your staff, one of which is running the thing....gretzky should have known better than to even allow that to go on.  he has QUITE a bit of pull with the coyotes, so if he would have said "quit this or i'm gone," i have to believe that the gambling ring would have either ceased operations or the people he knew that were involved would have dropped out of it.
what is the BFD. Illegal bets are made all the time across this country. As long as he didn't place any bets on teams that he has control over, why should anything else matter. It wasn't his buisness , how is he gonna tell someone to stop, and how is he gonna prevent it from happening. Seriously, its shit like this is why america needs legal betting places that aren't in Vegas. Did u bet on sports when u lived in Florida, then it was illegal. I love making sports bets, and I don't see why anyone should care what someone does with their own money.
absolutely i bet on sports when i lived in florida, but i also didn't have a spouse that had a job where pretty much the #1 rule is to NOT bet on sports.if gretzky's out of hockey and his wife is betting on sports, even illegally, it's not a BFD. with him as the face of hockey, while still being in a position of power in hockey, it IS a BFD.
agree 100%
i'd throw ang under the train if she did something to ruin my image as the face of an entire sport. absolutely i would.
This conversation just passed ridiculous!
unfortunately in this particular situation, it's called "accomplice". Key words here people, ILLEGAL betting ring. If i know you did something illegal, i'm just as guilty. There are degrees of severity, but depending on how the prosecutor feels, accomlice would be the least they could get him for. Add on Obstruction of justice and implication of himself participating in an ILLEGAL gambling ring.if she/he would have made her bets in AC or Vegas or any other legal place, then you are correct, it's a matter of who cares!but not in this case and hence why it made the news!And believe you me, with that kinda money on the line, there are some "friends" involved and that brings a HUGE amount of attention from some FEDERAL authorities.
absolutely i bet on sports when i lived in florida, but i also didn't have a spouse that had a job where pretty much the #1 rule is to NOT bet on sports.if gretzky's out of hockey and his wife is betting on sports, even illegally, it's not a BFD. with him as the face of hockey, while still being in a position of power in hockey, it IS a BFD.
it's not illegal for NHL playes to bet on other sports
This conversation just passed ridiculous!
how?let's throw an analogy out there....barry bonds' wife is caught being involved in distribution of steroids. barry claims to have known about it but have never associated with it. that would be a bigger deal than this, and both are among the same level of "cheating". we don't know what all janet jones gretzky bet on, but if she happened to bet on hockey, wayne's fucked.
Dustin,I had a dream last night in which you surrendered to me.It was a very good dream.It is the first time I have dreamed of you.Love,Renae
:-) 5 days
Um, yes, about that. From this dream I remember one very vivid image of me kissing your stomach. I will need to see your stomach in 5 days to verify if my dream self got it right or not.This is all in the purely scientific pursuit of dream analysis of course.