fcp party details and summary

Yea, i'm very jealous of those of you that got to go, I dont live close enough, but I would really like to hear details, especially about the prizes and such...

So I'll provide what I can.The party was upstairs at the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Toronto. Everyone received a FCP hat. In addition to the regular bar staff (all dressed in FCP shirts) there were a number of Vegas-style showgirls walking around. The official drink of the evening was some sort of horrific rum and amaretto combination called (I kid you not) "The Bacardi All In." Early on in the evening 49 people were selected at random to play in a 7 table NLHE tourney. The winner of each table would go to a final table along with DN. DN arrived and introduced the protege contest. During the tourney he went to a small VIP area to do interviews. There were quite a few reporters and a number of tv cameras as well.I got picked to play in the tourney and busted out 3rd at my table...the structure was insane. Everyone started with 4000 in chips. Ten minute levels.100-200200-400400-800 100 ante800-1600 200 anteetc.Not the best for quality "play," but I imagine they wanted to move the evening along. I had a good time (props to DN for providing lots of vegetarian munchies) and would like to know what happened later in the evening...

When it came down the the final table DN constantly grabbed the mic from the tourney director guy to do some play by play.He would often slip into a russian accent, or go off on crazy 'auctioneer' type rants.'whosgotthefive? you'vegotthefive? Wheresthefive, Idonthavethefive, who's gonnaraise,who'sgonnacheck, what'sgonna happen, lotsaaction, lotsaaction..." etcHe also made sure the tournament director described all his plays as either 'fantastic' or 'magnificant'.. So if he folded, he would always say "and another fantastic fold by Daniel Negreanu.As for the structure, honnestly, thats what had to be done given the time constraints. You cant have a 'fair' structure with those amounts of tables during the time frame that the party had in mind. Other side notes: Daniel looked visibly tired from all the media work and running around he'd been doing. I should correct myself... he didn't 'act' tired, but you could see it in his face. He also did some wild dancing.Random quote -- I dont know why, but when he said this it made me chuckle... When they increased the blinds he said "Yes, thats what we need. That'll get this game out of the mud."It was also amusing when Mike F pushed all in and Daniel busted into more play by play "and Mike F has pushed all in. He's been playing tight all night, so only an idiot would call this (he picked up 2 callers btw.. haha)... he's screaming I HAVE KINGS OR BETTER like a message across the goodyear blimp..." something along those lines. Even tho DN got heads up, he sucked out a few times. He had K 2 vs A 2 and rivered a King. Man I had a good time. DN doesn't owe his fans like other celebrities do... (we dont pay his salary by ticket sales like actors and sports heros) and yet he lets us into his life thru his blog and parties and giveaways. Radical.

Yeah I had a great time! Although I didn't get to play in the tournament. Daniel is a class act and made sure he gave each and every person in there a moment of his time. He also signed any and all autographs that people wanted and posed for numerous pictures. Wendel Clark and Doug Gilmour also showed up for a while!It was a fun evening and one I won't soon forget.

Forgive me if a similar thread already exists...Would anyone be willing to recap the event for those who were not able to attend or had to leave early (my situation)?Prizes, final table, crazy mements, etc...
From my thread:I am Hung - Ova.I dont have a blog so i wont go into detail but I figured i'd toss this out in the open. (maybe i should start a blog, if anyone has any blog hosting capabilities, let me know)And glad to see so much action goin on the boards, it hurts my eyes while i'm in this state.Last night was another solid evening, I'd like to take this time to whammy in Ron's face since DN gave me a live shout out at the Event, I know how much he (ron) loves getting mentioned.special thanks to Balsbaugh (agent) and Slash for hookin me up with the hardrock vip free drink pass when i needed it WinkGreat to see Gov and Stef again. (that burger looked so damn good) I ended up eating a rock hard chicken club sandwich at 3am, mehMeeting a lot of FCP'ers was pretty sweet, Pres of my fan Club, lol Dreamcaster, the sauce who helped me dominate the side games.Mike i knew from before so screw him, and as many names as i can rememberBCD, digital, momey, Jeff_536, thehidden, crazyjoe, ace, i hear Blaze was there but didnt get a chance to meet the clown. Ya thats right Jer, where the heck were you?I did a couple interviews which was wierd, but they wanted to know about vegas trips, and FCP and basically what all the hype is about.I dominated Mark, Craig, Ryan and Graham in a side game, just dominated!! lol and some random guy who was playing with us, pushed all in when i flopped quads, I didnt want to insta call since Mike was still left to act behind me, but i told the guy "I just dont know if I can lay this down" I left to mingle while sauce did my dirty work, and racked the stack up some more.Anyways, I'd like to go into more detail but like I said, no blog, and i dont wanna tie up the boards so I'm gonna grab a pot of coffee.

After the tournament was over the place pretty much cleared out (wtf), leaving 40-50 people or so (I was playing a quick sit&go so I hardly noticed everybody leaving).This provided an awesome opportunity to meet and chat with Daniel. As a fan of Daniel and poker itself, I found it almost unbelievable that the biggest celebrity/superstar in the sport/game would chill out with his fans and shoot the shit. I don't think you would see that happen with many other celebrities.Thanks again Daniel. I had a great time.

I have pictures from last night that I'll put up on a webshots type site when I get back home. I feel about the same as royal... huung over. I just woke up and man I feel like crap. I'm going to try and remember everything that happened last night and write it in my blog but I don't know how much I can recall. All I know is I had a hell of a good time and that Canadians call winter hat things "tuks" and my clothes smell like a filthy 'ripper.

I have pictures from last night that I'll put up on a webshots type site when I get back home. I feel about the same as royal... huung over. I just woke up and man I feel like crap. I'm going to try and remember everything that happened last night and write it in my blog but I don't know how much I can recall. All I know is I had a hell of a good time and that Canadians call winter hat things "tuks" and my clothes smell like a filthy 'ripper.
Man... I love my touque!!
hahahaa... tuk was close enough for me. god damnit I love Canada.
Never been, but seen pictures. I hear there are alot of trees and cold weather.
Depends where you go in canada... Toronto is just like any other major city infact probably bigger than many from the states. It's basically a big cement block.

Well, for all of us people who didn't get the chance to go to the party, let me just say...You all suck.Nah, glad you all had a great time; nay, an amazing time. May there be many more FCP events in the (near) future.

hahahaa... tuk was close enough for me. god damnit I love Canada.
Best part of Canada...your fancy imported beers in the states are considered our crappy domectic beers here. :lol:Oh yeah, it's also hard to stick a loonie in a strippers g-string.
Depends where you go in canada... Toronto is just like any other major city infact probably bigger than many from the states.  It's basically a big cement block.
People who only know Toronto by the core see it as a cement block just as I used to. However I live only blocks from the core and have access to more park and protected land then probably most small city folk.At Yonge and St.Clair I am just 3 mnutes off the Don valley Ravine system. I have mountain biked it for 6 straight hours and not covered one quarter of it. and I am 15 minutes away from our major Beach.
DN doesn't owe his fans like other celebrities do... (we dont pay his salary by ticket sales like actors and sports heros) and yet he lets us into his life thru his blog and parties and giveaways. Radical.
I like that i get the impression that a lot of people on here dont really take this in to account they just see this guy on tv and figures he owes them for some reason.

I like to help people and it warms my heart in the deepest places to do so. Tremomey needed to know about touques and also needed to experience the Brass Rail and rippers. LOL!!Good times were had by all!! :twisted:

I would have to say that the 1st ever FullContactPoker.com party was a great success. Daniel put on a great event. From the location “Toronto” to the Show Girls, poker, commentary, special guests, and his accessibility to everyone, all was done up very well. Many of us got to meet “Mommy”, that was very cool. I was also neat getting to meet all the different FCP members. Wow what a variety of people on this site.All in all if I was to grade the evening, A+ for sure.I wanted to say thank you to Daniel and the team that made the party possible.

Man I had a good time. DN doesn't owe his fans like other celebrities do... (we dont pay his salary by ticket sales like actors and sports heros) and yet he lets us into his life thru his blog and parties and giveaways. Radical.
This is one of the reasons I frequent his web site.~sublime