the *official* new site bitch thread

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've really gotta wonder what it would've taken you people to be happy.  Because...wow...you're being pretty ungreatful.  This was definately worth the buildup.  If you don't like it, well, there's the door, I suppose.  The forums slow because there's so many people on here checking out the new site and the new features and everything else.  It will speed up soon enough.  What Daniel has done here is incredible and he has done all of this for you guys without it costing you a penny.  Not ONE PENNY.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not knocking DN or the people who help run this site, but as much as I respect DN and what he's done with these forums it's a little naive to believe this is all coming from the bottom of his heart.He's opening a pokeroom and AUTOMATICALLY gets a thousand or so DEDICATED players on his site, and gets a bunch of free publicity through it. Look at how much Full Tilt has poneyed up in advertising, how much do you think they would pay for DN's name and forum contacts?The money/prizes he's putting up are great, but probably amount to much less than what Full Tilt had to spend to get the number of dedicated players DN is getting by making FCP a pokerroom (and let's not forget that it's a skin... if you're telling me there's not a decent cut in there for him... lol.. let's just say I'd be really shocked).This is financially +EV for DN, and now that he expects to take the forum member's money, they have a right to question the product they're paying rake and entry fees for.
Yeah, it's probably +EV for Daniel, but you know what? He's probably going to use most, if not all, of that money to sponsor other fun times for the forum such as Weekend with Daniel 2, all of the protege contests (there will be more than one), the next WSOP contest, and many other contests. There are also costs to updating and maintaining the website along with probably having to pay the website designer.Also, he's probably opening the poker room on the PR network so that it doesn't flop like PokerMountain did. Do you really want to play on a site that has 1000 players? Let's be honest, how long will that last? It took Full Tilt quite a few years to get 10,000 players and they're still only the 4th most popular site on the net. Doing something like this, and having a good say in what will happen in the future, shows the vision that Daniel has for this community and this poker site.Finally, to everyone, please remember that we're about 5 hours into the relaunch. 5 HOURS! Do you really expect it to be perfect immediately? Give us time to work out the kinks before you trash it.

I just went through the motions of making a deposit using Visa (I have one of the few banks that still allows Visa deposits to gambling sites, lucky me) - and nowhere does it mention having to send information after the fact. If we do have to do this like BigFish says, it needs to mentioned BEFORE WE SEND THE MONEY. Can someone please verify that this is the case? I can't deposit until I know I'm not going to have to send people copies of my electric bills . . .

Lookin at the bonus deal for charter members....is it just me or does this seem like a real good deal? I haven't played on here yet but the way you get points, it seems like it would be a lot easier to clear than on other sites.

Lookin at the bonus deal for charter members....is it just me or does this seem like a real good deal? I haven't played on here yet but the way you get points, it seems like it would be a lot easier to clear than on other sites.
110% bonus that clears at 3x is an excellent deal.

Selling the site to an offshore company gives him some Tax Advantages, the least of which is the ability to run a gambling website, which cannot be legally done within the U.S.The site is still his...ffishh

i dont have an issue with the site, i think it looks great and in time it will pan out ..my only issue is if dn sold fcp..if so, i think he sold everybody on this site out...im going to not say too much until dn says his peace on the matter...i saw a threadearlier about the site being sold and thought itsbusiness, then i thought about it and got a little pissed off...like i siad, im gonna withold total judgement till dn chimes in ....

Yeah, it's probably +EV for Daniel, but you know what?  He's probably going to use most, if not all, of that money to sponsor other fun times for the forum such as Weekend with Daniel 2, all of the protege contests (there will be more than one), the next WSOP contest, and many other contests.  There are also costs to updating and maintaining the website along with probably having to pay the website designer.Also, he's probably opening the poker room on the PR network so that it doesn't flop like PokerMountain did.  Do you really want to play on a site that has 1000 players?  Let's be honest, how long will that last?  It took Full Tilt quite a few years to get 10,000 players and they're still only the 4th most popular site on the net.  Doing something like this, and having a good say in what will  happen in the future, shows the vision that Daniel has for this community and this poker site.Finally, to everyone, please remember that we're about 5 hours into the relaunch.  5 HOURS!  Do you really expect it to be perfect immediately?  Give us time to work out the kinks before you trash it.
I don't care where that money goes that he rakes off me. As far as I'm concerned fcp is now a business, and it will begin to be treated as such. He sold the name, and is going to make a lot more money if this thing take's off than it's going to cost him for forum weekends etc. He doesn't need to create a pokerroom to raise money for contests... he could sell 50/50 tickets for the weekend and he'd make a profit on this site. He stands to make hundred's of thousands a couple years down the road if he's got a large stake, which I assume he would, and he manages to turn the site into one of the bigger skins.As for the bugs I agree, people should relax.... give it a couple of weeks.
i dont have an issue with the site, i think it looks great and in time it will pan out ..my only issue is if dn sold fcp..if so, i think he sold everybody on this site out...im going to not say too much until dn says his peace on the matter...i saw a threadearlier about  the site being sold and thought itsbusiness, then i thought about it and got a little censored off...like i siad, im gonna withold total judgement till dn chimes in ....
Daniel can sell his site for any amount he wants, to anyone he wants, whenever he wants. Did you start posting here as a favor to him? He owes nobody anything, you chose to be here and you can choose to leave. My money is on you aren't going any damn where.
I've really gotta wonder what it would've taken you people to be happy.  Because...wow...you're being pretty ungreatful.  This was definately worth the buildup.  If you don't like it, well, there's the door, I suppose.  The forums slow because there's so many people on here checking out the new site and the new features and everything else.  It will speed up soon enough.  What Daniel has done here is incredible and he has done all of this for you guys without it costing you a penny.  Not ONE PENNY.  You should all be ashamed of yourselves.
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not knocking DN or the people who help run this site, but as much as I respect DN and what he's done with these forums it's a little naive to believe this is all coming from the bottom of his heart.He's opening a pokeroom and AUTOMATICALLY gets a thousand or so DEDICATED players on his site, and gets a bunch of free publicity through it. Look at how much Full Tilt has poneyed up in advertising, how much do you think they would pay for DN's name and forum contacts?The money/prizes he's putting up are great, but probably amount to much less than what Full Tilt had to spend to get the number of dedicated players DN is getting by making FCP a pokerroom (and let's not forget that it's a skin... if you're telling me there's not a decent cut in there for him... lol.. let's just say I'd be really shocked).This is financially +EV for DN, and now that he expects to take the forum member's money, they have a right to question the product they're paying rake and entry fees for.
Yeah, it's probably +EV for Daniel, but you know what? He's probably going to use most, if not all, of that money to sponsor other fun times for the forum such as Weekend with Daniel 2, all of the protege contests (there will be more than one), the next WSOP contest, and many other contests. There are also costs to updating and maintaining the website along with probably having to pay the website designer.Also, he's probably opening the poker room on the PR network so that it doesn't flop like PokerMountain did. Do you really want to play on a site that has 1000 players? Let's be honest, how long will that last? It took Full Tilt quite a few years to get 10,000 players and they're still only the 4th most popular site on the net. Doing something like this, and having a good say in what will happen in the future, shows the vision that Daniel has for this community and this poker site.Finally, to everyone, please remember that we're about 5 hours into the relaunch. 5 HOURS! Do you really expect it to be perfect immediately? Give us time to work out the kinks before you trash it.
I guess custom is now on team dn now. how much salary do you get. sw
Selling the site to an offshore company gives him some Tax Advantages, the least of which is the ability to run a gambling website, which cannot be legally done within the U.S.The site is still his...ffishh
ok, but if its a poker room skin, why would he have to do that? im not well schooled in these matters so maybe somebody that knows more<everybody basically> can enlighten me....
i dont have an issue with the site, i think it looks great and in time it will pan out ..my only issue is if dn sold fcp..if so, i think he sold everybody on this site out...im going to not say too much until dn says his peace on the matter...i saw a threadearlier about  the site being sold and thought itsbusiness, then i thought about it and got a little censored off...like i siad, im gonna withold total judgement till dn chimes in ....
Daniel can sell his site for any amount he wants, to anyone he wants, whenever he wants. Did you start posting here as a favor to him? He owes nobody anything, you chose to be here and you can choose to leave. My money is on you aren't going any damn where.
do me a favor ...stfu.....ive been here over a year , so if i question authority , the mods and dn know its with respect... get your head out of your ass and grow s0me balls you little half a fukk...

In the other thread someone mentioned you can only withdraw once a week and up to $2500 without paying fees?I've never withdrawn $2500 in a shot at PokerRoom, but I never had to pay a fee for more than 1 W/D a week there.I also never had to 'verify' my credit card there either. Will there be an FAQ for all of these new rules somewhere?

My thoughts exactly given the laws on gambling online in the US.

I'm almost positive that I'm a charter member. I filled out the application on the first day it came out. Howdo I find out if I really am one. I read that DN sent out an email to all charter members but i did not get one.

I'm almost positive that I'm a charter member.  I filled out the application on the first day it came out.  Howdo I find out if I really am one.  I read that DN sent out an email to all charter members but i did not get one.
Same here. I never received any emails after the initial email after signing up as a charter member.
I'm almost positive that I'm a charter member.  I filled out the application on the first day it came out.  Howdo I find out if I really am one.  I read that DN sent out an email to all charter members but i did not get one.
Did you get an email when you first signed up as a charter member? If you did, then use THAT email address to sign up with the FCP Poker Room. That is all you have to do. If you want to make sure (like I did), just call or chat with support to make sure.Side note - my apologies to everyone for the slow responses. I'm loading a page every 2 minutes here.