• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow is it just me or do some of these guys seem like total donkeys. That Barry guy is playing some pretty terrible hands.  PS-I got a question. I've seen a few pro's say Tuan Le has a lot of pure talent and potential. Betting hard on every single hand means you automatically have a lot of raw talent?
i like ur comment, that seems to be trendy these days...a guy comes along betting every street no matter what hits and the pros say he has a lot of "pure talent". translation, they want to pump up his ego and take his money.
Wow is it just me or do some of these guys seem like total donkeys. That Barry guy is playing some pretty terrible hands.  PS-I got a question. I've seen a few pro's say Tuan Le has a lot of pure talent and potential. Betting hard on every single hand means you automatically have a lot of raw talent?
i like ur comment, that seems to be trendy these days...a guy comes along betting every street no matter what hits and the pros say he has a lot of "pure talent". translation, they want to pump up his ego and take his money.
This means he/she can multiply by 6 in his/her head.

just to get the record straight since i personally know tuan and some seemed misinformed. tuan has been playing at high limits before WPT came into existance. several years ago before he got me into poker he was already playing at high limits with barry greenstien, larry flint, and jerry buss as well as some other top pros that would come into town for the big game. he has only recently started to play the tournement circut the last couple of years.as for alf,im sure your as good as you think you are. but what you think is irrelevant. after all we create our own universe we live in.as for who can beat who, it really doesnt matter what you say on a thread. maybe you can school all of us. until we play we dont know. maybe we will never play each other so we will never find out. or maybe you are good as u say so you'll make it up the ranks of lower limits up the some of the higher middle limits and we will one day play. if you come to southern cali that is.however, although you seem to have a degree of knowledge about poker, i find it striking that you would think that limits dont matter. that sounds like something someone would say that really has no idea of the game. maybe if you elaborated alittle more on your logic behind that statement to help me understand.

Let me elaborate.....As far as limits.....It is a given that the best players play at 4k/8k.It is also a given that the higher you go in limits...you will encounter better players.Now...as for bad players....there are the same at all limits....a bad 5/10 player is the same as a bad 100/200 player. The 100/200 player just has more money.If you need further evidence....watch the whale game on Live at the Bike....you have your grinder, your killer pro, your weekend warrior type that is a run of the mill "good" player, and then you have three retards that couldn't beat any game...at any level.Now...for your buddy Tuan....I am sure.....he will get better in time....in fact....most pros now say that Gus Hansen's game is 10 times better now when he is not winning tourney's than when he was winning everything in site.I am sure that Tuan will get better...and eventually who knows.....As for me showing up in those games.....LOL...I don't think I will be playing 1k/2k or 300/600 anytime soon....and for that matter....I 'd rather play bad players...so even if I had the flow...you wouldn't catch me dead in a 1k/2k bellagio game....Now....$25/$50 NL or $50/$100 NL at the Bike....that would be a different story....out of the nine playing...about three have a clue...the rest just have too much money for their own good.

well that statement hardly relates to your earlier generaliztion that limits dont matter. however unless you have played at high limits consistantly i find it difficult to agree with your assumptions. of course fish come in all shapes and sizes i doubt the are as readily available as in low limits. although low limits might have changed since i have played in them and they might now be the breeding ground for great up and coming players, i think there are plenty of softer games at low limits. my point is that a very good player at a lower limit will not find the same amount of success at higher limits that he is not used to. therfore limits do matter.

well that statement hardly relates to your earlier generaliztion that limits dont matter.  however unless you have played at high limits consistantly i find it difficult to agree with your assumptions. of course fish come in all shapes and sizes i doubt the are as readily available as in low limits.  although low limits might have changed since i have played in them and they might now be the breeding ground for great up and coming players, i think there are plenty of softer games at low limits.  my point is that a very good player at a lower limit will not find the same amount of success at higher limits that he is not used to.  therfore limits do matter.
I agree with this.I was saying that bad players are bad players are bad players......at any limit.
fakeusername2   Posted: Thursday, November 10th, 2005 3:45    Post subject:  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------  just to get the record straight since i personally know tuan and some seemed misinformed.  
um...i think we saw you state that 10 times already, it gives your argument 0% more weight or validity. dont you have anything better to do than make up fake freindships with donkish players? alf 1 obtuse-poster 0cheers. ryan
um...i think we saw you state that 10 times already, it gives your argument 0% more weight or validity. dont you have anything better to do than make up fake freindships with donkish players? alf 1 obtuse-poster 0 cheers. ryan
?how am i making an arguement?i stated this because people thought he had limited cash game experience.i wonder why you came out of nowhere to attack me.
  • 2 weeks later...
He still plays high stakes at Commerce... usually 400-800 stud. HE LOSES ALL THE TIME. he is an average player and I'm pretty sure he's broke or almost there. Both of his big cashes weren't that big because he was always staked. His brother Nam is a really good player and smart too. He has no ego and grinds at the 50-100 game or 80-160. Has alot of nice tourney cashes as well.
Out of curiosity, do you know if Nam also gets staked for large tourneys or if he pays his own way?
Most of Nam's wins have been smaller cashes... 6 figures not 7 figures, but he does pay his own way into those tourneys... I honestly have no clue about the bigger events....
just to get the record straight since i personally know tuan and some seemed misinformed.  tuan has been playing at high limits before WPT came into existance.  several years ago before he got me into poker he was already playing at high limits with barry greenstien, larry flint, and jerry buss as well as some other top pros that would come into town for the big game.  he has only recently started to play the tournement circut the last couple of years.as for alf,im sure your as good as you think you are. but what you think is irrelevant. after all we create our own universe we live in.as for who can beat who,  it really doesnt matter what you say on a thread.  maybe you can school all of us.  until we play we dont know.  maybe we will never play each other so we will never find out.  or maybe you are good as u say so you'll make it up the ranks of lower limits up the some of the higher middle limits and we will one day play. if you come to southern cali that is.however, although you seem to have a degree of knowledge about poker, i find it striking that you would think that limits dont matter.  that sounds like something someone would say that really has no idea of the game. maybe if you elaborated alittle more on your logic behind that statement to help me understand.
Fake User Name is full of poo...... 1) I play at Commerce everyday (20-40, 40-80)... I see Tuan playing in the big name there and I see him broke after a couple of hours every time.... I can't remember the last time he had whites in front of him.2) HE DOES NOT PLAY IN THE BIG GAME WITH FLINT. Why are you lying??? Are you bored???? He can't even hang in 400-800 with Mimi Tran, Tim Phan, and others and you expect us to believe that he plays in the uber stakes with Flint for years.... you are a liar. If he does, he is invited as a fish.3) Don't post anymore, you have been exposed and caught. You say that you don't play poker anymore, but you also say that people who go to commerce might be sitting across from you. If you don't play how would you know. PM your name and I'll look for you tom super star. Your a joke.

I enjoyed reading your posts in this thread. Whether I agree or disagree is irrelevent. For the record, I'm fairly certain that we have played in the same games at Commerce. It would be great if you could start posting more often. The fact that you remain anonymous is actually a good thing in my opinion. A forum like this can be a great place to discuss ideas and agree/disagree. At the same time, many people need advice. If you have free time, please try and add whatever you can to the forum. Thanks.Steve

For those that can't read.....I form my opinion on Tuan on these things:A)  Hand Histories of the Tourneys he has played.B)  A HAND FOR HAND TRANSCRIPT of his WPT championship win.C)  I saw him play for three hours on LIVE AT THE BIKE....seeing his hole cards and watching him throw away 50k like a moron.    D)  What Mike Matusow and a few other pros have said about what they think about his ability.
I would use caution in using Mike's opinion as a basis for anything. First off, he says everyone's a donkey. I've never heard him say anyone was any good. Second off, it's not like he has the highest level of success in the biggest cash games in the world.

Talking about the Bradley Berman KK hand, what would you do with AK six handed? It's a weak play to just call with AK and be a little b*tch on the flop, and we know tuan doesnt understand playing slower (dont get me wrong, i like just calling here...)Now i havent seen the epidsode, but if berman reraised anywhere outside of the blinds, AK can still be the best hand. Of course, if he is reraising from the BB, you probably have to be careful with AK... Tuan was probably hoping it was 10s, Jacks or Queens and if it was the former he could lay it down.

I would use caution in using Mike's opinion as a basis for anything. First off, he says everyone's a donkey. I've never heard him say anyone was any good. Second off, it's not like he has the highest level of success in the biggest cash games in the world.
Come on...that's not true.

I didn't read all of this thread so if I am repeating, sorry and too bad.Tuan, and many other players of his ilk, are complete hit or miss players. They play with no regard for placement or cashing. All or nothing. High risk, high reward. They just don't care if they bust and push recklessly at all costs, sometimes with no regard for the other player's holding or serious thought about it.I wish I played more like this sometimes. Not always though.

Come on...that's not true.
I don't know if it's true that he's said someone is good or not, but I've never, ever heard him say that..I played cards with his bro scott on FTP one night, and we talked about Mike a bit.. his brother says he has narsisicic personality disorder... it makes him think he's the greatest, and everyone sucks
He still plays high stakes at Commerce... usually 400-800 stud. HE LOSES ALL THE TIME. he is an average player and I'm pretty sure he's broke or almost there. Both of his big cashes weren't that big because he was always staked. His brother Nam is a really good player and smart too. He has no ego and grinds at the 50-100 game or 80-160. Has alot of nice tourney cashes as well.
Out of curiosity, do you know if Nam also gets staked for large tourneys or if he pays his own way?
Most of Nam's wins have been smaller cashes... 6 figures not 7 figures, but he does pay his own way into those tourneys... I honestly have no clue about the bigger events....
Hehe, took a while, but thanks for the reply.

Thank you I said this already but you put it in such better words and still I think people will disagree... sadly. And for the Gus thing I remember a little hand where he called a "Magician" and was a major underdog and when he sucked out he couldnt stop saying "Oh my God" But Im not dissing Hansen cuz I respect him very much Im just pointing out that he has aggressive flaws just like everyone else and dont judge Tuan from TV.It was actually more like 54/46%.... 77 vs 8 10 os