What do we really know about this guy, besides a few pre-flop gambles he made on t.v.?Anyone with first hand knowledge? I heard he's been playing pretty big, mid limit to higher for years. He started out playing big, never playing small stakes? (where he built his bankroll, who knows, we'll ignore that)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I know is that I saw him playing 500-1000 limit holdem on Live at the Bike and he capped it on three consecutive streets with pocket Tens on a AQK6 board....when the river came a T he capped it again with his set and lost to an opponent holding a set of Kings....He lost about 50k that night on live internet TV and was making idiotic play after idiotic play.My guess is that he doesn't play high stakes anymore.

He still plays high stakes at Commerce... usually 400-800 stud. HE LOSES ALL THE TIME. he is an average player and I'm pretty sure he's broke or almost there. Both of his big cashes weren't that big because he was always staked. His brother Nam is a really good player and smart too. He has no ego and grinds at the 50-100 game or 80-160. Has alot of nice tourney cashes as well.

i was there at the Bike last wednesday when they were playing in the game you guys were talking about. i watched like 2 hands. the members of his crew looked like MFKsthat would kill your mama if you looked at them the wrong way :shock:

i was there at the Bike last wednesday when they were playing in the game you guys were talking about. i watched like 2 hands. the members of his crew looked like MFKsthat would kill your mama if you looked at them the wrong way :shock:
Yeah, I heard it's a question where his pre-poker money came from? What's MFK?
Yeah, I heard it's a question where his pre-poker money came from? What's MFK?
muthaFunkas

Wow is it just me or do some of these guys seem like total donkeys. That Barry guy is playing some pretty terrible hands. PS-I got a question. I've seen a few pro's say Tuan Le has a lot of pure talent and potential. Betting hard on every single hand means you automatically have a lot of raw talent?

Wow is it just me or do some of these guys seem like total donkeys. That Barry guy is playing some pretty terrible hands. PS-I got a question. I've seen a few pro's say Tuan Le has a lot of pure talent and potential. Betting hard on every single hand means you automatically have a lot of raw talent?
Tuan has a lot of work to do to become a great player, but you can't argue that the makings of good player are there. In fact, I've heard stories about how Phil Ivey played in his early days, and it sounded a lot like how Tuan Le plays right now.Ivey has always been described as having a lot of raw talent, and so does Le.Give Tuan a chance. He might end up being great.
Tuan has a lot of work to do to become a great player, but you can't argue that the makings of good player are there. In fact, I've heard stories about how Phil Ivey played in his early days, and it sounded a lot like how Tuan Le plays right now.Ivey has always been described as having a lot of raw talent, and so does Le.Give Tuan a chance. He might end up being great.
Oh I agree he does have some talent and has a chance to be good but I do think he has anymore "raw" talent than a guy like Joe Cassidy or Thunder Keller. Just because those guys don't go crazy with bluffs and over bets they don't get the same pub as Tuan Le.
Since Matusow is the current darling of this forum.....let me point out that Mike Matusow thinks Tuan Le sucks azz.and has said so repeatedly.
I definitely don't think he sucks but he is far overhyped.
Guest XXEddie

Hes good, and aggressivebut he need to learn when to put on the breaksif you raise from UTG with AK, and the person to your left, who has played very tight, re-raises you....you do not, i repeat DO NOT, move allinTuan made a horrible play that hand and he shouldnt of won

Hes good, and aggressivebut he need to learn when to put on the breaksif you raise from UTG with AK, and the person to your left, who has played very tight, re-raises you....you do not, i repeat DO NOT, move allinTuan made a horrible play that hand and he shouldnt of won
I can't seem to remember that hand. What happened in it?
I can't seem to remember that hand. What happened in it?
Tuan was chip leader and opened up with a raise, and the guy who was 2nd in chips who's known as a tight and very solid player reraises and Tuan went allin, the guy calls with Kings and the flop and turn are blanks and then Tuan gets very lucky and spikes an ace on the river.
Tuan was chip leader and opened up with a raise, and the guy who was 2nd in chips who's known as a tight and very solid player reraises and Tuan went allin, the guy calls with Kings and the flop and turn are blanks and then Tuan gets very lucky and spikes an ace on the river.
You got the hand wrong....Tuan raised.....Bradley Berman re-raised.......Tuan re-re-raised......Berman re-re-re-raised allin...Tuan called with AK....Berman had KK....Ace on the river.It was DOnkier than you thought.
You got the hand wrong....Tuan raised.....Bradley Berman re-raised.......Tuan re-re-raised......Berman re-re-re-raised allin...Tuan called with AK....Berman had KK....Ace on the river.It was DOnkier than you thought.
Still a little off.Tuan raised... Bradley re-raised, Tuan re-re-raised an amount that would set Berman all in. Berman didn't know the exact amount, so he said "I'm all in" just in case it was a little short, but he was effectively calling Tuan's all in. Tuan didn't have to put in another chip once Bradley had moved in.Just clarifying so people don't think Tuan had any decision to make after Bradley went all in.

It's possible that Tuan is a horrible live action player. There are many good tournament players who suck at live action (calling Mr. Hellmuth).When it comes to his no limit skills I have hard time arguing against a guy who won two huge no limit events. The WPT championship is arguably the toughest tournament to win because there are more experience players than amateurs by a wide margin.At Foxwoods, he was too reckless for my taste. At the WPT he didn't seem so wild until play got shorthanded and even then he make one good laydown. Tuan Le is a good no limit player who borders between the edge of great play and reckless play and a horrible cash game player.

Looks like another overaggro poker thug wannabe to me. Although Tuan is supposed to be talented enough to catch Greenstein's eye, who advised him for a while.
Um, Barry was surprised to find out that Tuan called him his mentor. Tuan e-mailed him about a year ago, and Barry sent him some materials from his book, and they corresponded back and forth. For what it's worth, I don't think they know each other that well.