daniel, and other pros here--please read this

TVstar:I think that your bet is probably right, simply because you got lucky enough to get him to bet after you check to him on the river. If he has any pair, he will probably call this bet. If he has nothing, he wouldn't call any bet. Any more and you will more than likely push out that pair and not get called. Best case, the guy thinks you're full of sh1t and re-raises you.The problem with this hand is the check on the river with the uber nuts hoping to check raise. I hope that you can see how dangerous this is. You forfeit the action to him, and if he doesn't bet then you will get no more money. In the long run, you would want to bet the river here. The total pot is about 2200 (I think), so a bet of 400 will probably be good.Granted, you were able to get 200 more out of him on the check raise, but you took a very big risk at not getting anymore by doing so.

TVstar:I think that your bet is probably right, simply because you got lucky enough to get him to bet after you check to him on the river.  If he has any pair, he will probably call this bet.  If he has nothing, he wouldn't call any bet.  Any more and you will more than likely push out that pair and not get called.  Best case, the guy thinks you're full of sh1t and re-raises you.The problem with this hand is the check on the river with the uber nuts hoping to check raise.  I hope that you can see how dangerous this is.  You forfeit the action to him, and if he doesn't bet then you will get no more money.  In the long run, you would want to bet the river here.  The total pot is about 2200 (I think), so a bet of 400 will probably be good.Granted, you were able to get 200 more out of him on the check raise, but you took a very big risk at not getting anymore by doing so.
Couldn't have said it better...I agree 1000%
Appreciate all the flaming--you guys are priceless.  It was my sincere hope that DN's forum wouldn't be infested with trigger-pulling whackjobs, but I guess they're everywhere on the web.Sorry about the double post--as I have been with FCP a year now, why should it matter?  I was being sincere about the other pros that check in here occasionally, and was by no means being disrespectful to the members on the board by sarcastically calling you "pros."If a mod would like to delete my threads, then please do so.  I can not beleive I am so turned off by this forum when I asked a legit poker question.EDIT--to those who offered real replies, I thank you.
I did both! Are you turned off by me while thanking me at the same time?!Obviously we could have been nicer, and if you sounded a bit more ignorant (not in a bad way) I probably would have been, but instead you seemed to be intent on deliberately breaking rules that should be obvious, and that's why you got the flames.1) You admitted you know Daniel does not answer poker questions in e-mail, then posted one in a forum like he would say 'Well, I hate doing it in e-mail but in a forum?! I love that!"2) You KNEW the strategy forum existed, in fact you posted it there, but then for no reason except your personal desire to inflict your post upon us in mutliple place, posted it in general.3) Why does being here a year mean that you can break rules? When I hit 40, can I shoot a man in cold blood because I've been here on earth long enough?Basically, you're an asshole, and therefore you are getting responses that match up with your attitude.Have a nice day.Ray
You seriously need to get a fucking life man. Are you the fucking FCP forum police or what?
Looking for feedback from the Man himself, and I know you don't enjoy strategy/play questions in your e-mail.  Here goes:8 handed table. I wake up with QJ diamonds in BB.  UTG is shortstacked and goes all in pre-flop for a total of 325 (blinds were 150-300).folds around to the button who smooth calls, SB calls, and I call (25 more to see the flop).  Flop comes: 10d 8s Jc  Gives me top pair, decent kicker. Button checks, SB checks, I check  Turn: Ad  on 2nd nut flush draw now. button fires out 300, SB calls, I call...all side pot now.  River: Kd  I make the royal (holy sh!t). SB check, I check, button fires out 300. SB folds, I re-raise another 400....he called.  My question: KNOWING I had the nuts, was 400 too small of a value bet re-raise? How much would you have pushed into the middle in order to get paid off? I've been kicking myself since the play, thinking I could have gotten more from him.  I also posted this in "tournament play" forum for others to provide input.ThanksMS
You just raised. You didn't re-raise.
That reminds me of Steve Dannenman against Howard Lederer, who bet the flop and, like the true donkey he is, Dannenman confidently declared "RE-RAISE."hithead3.gif

people can be such freakin' morons. If you don't feel like a certain post, then DON'T respond! Don't try and be mister smart ass or some sort of sarcastic shmuck. Read the post, fine, but if you do not like it, read another one, or better yet, take a long walk off a ... well 'im sure you know the rest. and yes, you should've raised a little more.

people can be such freakin' morons. If you don't feel like a certain post, then DON'T respond! Don't try and be mister smart ass or some sort of sarcastic shmuck. Read the post, fine, but if you do not like it, read another one, or better yet, take a long walk off a ... well 'im sure you know the rest. and yes, you should've raised a little more.
Main Entry: iro·ny Pronunciation: 'I-r&-nE also 'I(-&)r-nEFunction: nounInflected Form(s): plural -niesEtymology: Latin ironia, from Greek eirOnia, from eirOn dissembler1 : a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning -- called also Socratic irony2 a : the use of words to express something other than and especially the opposite of the literal meaning b : a usually humorous or sardonic literary style or form characterized by irony c : an ironic expression or utterance3 a (1) : incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result (2) : an event or result marked by such incongruity b : incongruity between a situation developed in a drama and the accompanying words or actions that is understood by the audience but not by the characters in the play -- called also dramatic irony, tragic irony

I'm not a pro - so ignore my advice, its worth what you're paying for it.The question I have is how deep is your and your opponent's stacks?I assume that if UTG was all in for 350, that they weren't like 10,000 or something. If it was under 2000 to start that will limit your ability to raise or their's to call pretty severely. There was 1300 in the pot preflop,Checked on the flop1300 in the main pot and 900 more in the side pot after the turn. Total of 2200.Once you start contesting the side pot, you have to consider the entire amount as well as the side itself. So in that sense your bet pitifully small - it take 300 to call a 2500 pot - that's 8.33 to 1, if they have ANYTHING they will call this, but since they already broke the implicit collusion of your 3 vs all in - you have to put them on a real hand. (Otherwise they'd check it down) With a real hand you would expect that they wouldn't need those kind of odds to call - you could probably offer 3 or 4 to one and get a caller. I'd think you could expect to get paid off with 700-800 range bet. (Unless that would cripple them - so you have to consider stack size.) If this is the sort of game where implicit collusion is rare - meaning you don't check down all-ins typically, that's OK, nothing wrong with it, but if that's the case - I don't like your post flop check. You had top pair - decent kicker, gutshot and backdoor flush and straight flush draws with an over card. If you were going to bet, that's the time.