fullcontactpoker toronto home game?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I am in Ajax and I'd be willing to host a game if your not a bunch of ruffians! lolI will play whatever Tourny style or cash games.I've got those cheap acryllic composite clay chips that will work fine.I dont have a real poker table however just an annoying table but it works.let me know

lol yea i went to one at the madison... so stupid... my buddies busted out early so i started going all in every hand. people were getting really mad at me. im like "ITS FREE". K it seems like this fullcontact toronto home game idea could get off the ground... im gonna email some of the people who volunteered to host and get back to you guys.

i would certainly be interested in hearing more about it...I'm in the west end...Milton.
Hey, I'm in Milton as well and have an entry in the forum at pokerpoker.ca looking to set up regular tourneys, interested? Jeff..
Hey, I'm in Milton as well and have an entry in the forum at pokerpoker.ca looking to set up regular tourneys, interested? Jeff..
Yeah, i'm interested...start off small, see how it goes and what everyone wants to do.

OK guys there is definitely some interest. Everyone post what days they would most like to play (im assuming weekends work best but who knows...) the stakes they are comfortable with and whether they wanna play cash games or tourneys. We could do like a Negreanu Open (live version) with a leaderboard and TOC and stuff would be kind of cool i think.

Proposal for FCP Live Open:The FCPLO will be a series of bimonthly NL Hold'em tournaments played in the GTA area on saturdays. Entry Fee will be somewhere in the range of $20 to $50 subject to consensus on the FCP forum. A fee will be charged in order to cover costs, which will be announced for the approval of participants prior to the events, and which we will strive to minimize. The events will be NON PROFIT. The organizers will NOT be permitted to make any financial gain from the running of the tournament.StructureThe events will be played elimination style, until only 1 player remains. He/She shall be declared the winner. FormatThe events will be played according to Robert's Rules. The blinds will begin at 10-20 and escalate every 30 minutes, following the Robert's Rules guidelines. Starting chips will, though, be T2000, double the RR suggestion, in order to give the tournaments more 'play'. Payouts will be done according to RR guidelines. A 1$ fee will also be collected to contribute to a 'bad beat' jackpot. The badbeat jackpot will be awarded to the player who suffers the worst 'bad beat'. In order to qualify, at least one player must be 'all in' before the river, and the loser must be a favourite when the chips go in. The severity of the beat will be calculated using cardplayer.com 's odds calculator, and will be calculated at the time of the 'all in'. The loser of the hand will collect 75% of the jackpot, and the winner will collect 25%. Tournament Of ChampionsI propose to withhold 10% of each prizepool for a TOC. The date for the TOC is open for discussion. The top 3 finishers in each regular event will be freerolled into the TOC, and players will also be able to buy in directly, for somewhere in the range of $100 depending on how many are freerolled and the prize pool which has been held over. Exactly who will hold the funds and how many events will be played before the TOC is open for discussion. This part is merely an idea and i understand some players will have concerns with this part. Feel free to comment. The TOC would likely be sometime in April or May. FCP SponsorshipIf someone from FCP is reading this, HELP US OUT! this is a really cool idea and will build a nice community in the area daniel grew up in. Tshirts, giveaways, DVDs anything!Those who are interested please email me at jersaunders@hotmail.com in addition to responding here. Also, if anyone thinks they have the capacity, and would like to host one or more of these events, please email me. I look forward to hearing from you guys about this.

I would prefer we play tourneys, hopefully lower buyin to start until we all get a feel for each other. If we get enough ppl, perhaps a $30-50 buyin tourney, then as ppl drop out, (probably me first :D ) we could get a cash game going. Biggest issue is finding a place to play I think. Jeff (jeffcookson@sympatico.ca)

yea im looking for someone to host, the interest in playing seems to be high. read the proposal i just posted. I can get someone to host them near Bay and Dundas. He has several good quality tables, etc. but we'd need to compensate him for his time and the use of his equipment. So if anyone has a few tables and a big basement that would be better :D

In my spare time, I've hosted several tournaments in the past. The structure was a $50 buy-in for 2000 chips, with unlimited rebuys ($25 for 1000 chips) in the first hour as long as you have 2000 chips or lower. You can't rebuy when you have more than 2000.To give you an idea, I last hosted one in December with 48 players. I cap it at 50 due to space limitations. I paid the top 7 finishers, with the winner pocketing $2420. No money is put aside for bad beats or for a future "tournament of champions" game. I've developed a set of rules and procedures which I can share with you on e-mail. It seems to work out very well and oftentimes I get asked when the next tourny is. Everyone has a great time.We start at 2pm sharp and the winner is usually declared at 8pm. Course, the cash side games start when a few players get bounced and last till midnight / 1pm.I do collect $10 / person for the room costs and buffet lunch. I host this at a restaurant in the d-town Toronto area. They rent out their basement party room to me as a favour. I make $0 for hosting this.I have all the tools, including plastic cards, 13.5 g chips, etc. The place supplies the chairs and tables (regular eating tables that we put together).Here's what I'm offering:- I am interested in being a participant, but if there's a need for a tournament director, I can wear both hats. - If there's someone else in charge, I can offer my advise as to how to operate the tourny- I'm NOT offering my place or my restaurant's contact to play. Quite frankly, I don't know anyone on this post personally, and I don't want to risk my friends at the restaurant at this point. - Possible venue recommendations: Condo party room, restaurants, banquet halls- I can offer the use of my chips and cards.Trip Draw

this sounds like a good idea and I would be willing to participate as well. I would say it's probably best not to have the bad beat jackpot, the tournament of champions or whatever. This is taking money out of the winner's pockets and generally most aren't going to like that at all. If you want to host a bigger tournament with a larger buy-in, you can do that once in a while. The bad beat jackpot would take way too long to figure out and is just more work on your end to handle.

yea on second thought ur right about the bad beat thingy. we tried it at RGP and it ended up being a huge argument about whos beat was worse. The TOC thing is prolly right too cuz too many people wont be playing regularily. so scratch those parts of the proposal. just some thoughts i thought id throw out there. Anyone who wants to be kept up to date shoot me an email jersaunders@hotmail.com