on the internet, nobody knows you're a bot

my cpu is a neural net processor, a learning computer
"It cant form complex machines, guns and explosives, have chemicals, moving parts, it doesn't work that way, but it can form solid metal shapes.""Like what?""Knives and stabbing weapons."Classic.
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently writing my own program - fishbot.com - for those of us who lose regularly and don't have time to be bothered with watching our own games.No surprise secret "I can see the flop before it happens" on this program, in fact we've eliminated the card graphics and stats all together. Test runs have shown an overwhelming response to the 'auto-neteller' feature being a popular option.Known Bugs: currently, all-in 2 out rivers are hitting about 23%. With a little tweaking perhaps we can get this number lowered soon.Imagine spending your time railing Ivey and Friedman without the bother of changing screens or being bothered with those pesky decisions to call a gutshot straight for 640 dollars with 30 bucks in the pot. Ever fold AA at pre-flop? fishbot will do it for you automatically.My Guarentee: If you're not broke by Christmas using fishbot.com, I'll refund your 5.99 !! what have you got to lose?? hopefully your 401k !!

my cpu is a neural net processor, a learning computer
I'm a cop you idiot!I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions, and I want them answered immediately. Who is your daddy, and what does he do?
i love saying terminator quotes to people as much as possible

I didn't want to create a new bot topic, but something pretty funny happened to me yesterday. While playing in one of my usual games, a railbird said something like, I've seen this Dank guy before, but he never says anything, someone else said the same thing. Before I knew what was going on, someone suggested that I was a bot. I think (hope) the first person was joking, but then some of the others started to bite and all of the sudden, the table was sure I was a bot. The next thing I know, the table goes from full, to 4 people, and I had a warning email sent from the site. So I typed in "I am a robot, take me to your leader" and left. I responded to my warning email with something like, "Um, I'm not a bot, I can send you a stool sample if you would like", and haven't heard back as of yet. Anyone else ever been accused of being a bot?

Ya know, one nice thing about the theory of bots, IMHO, is, that if they are successful, they can help the argument that poker is not gambling.
That's already been proven, at least to the IRS's and U.S. government's satisfaction. The IRS treats Poker winnings as earned income, implying skill is involved.
Btw, this guy should get the pants sued off of him. He went from working for a gambling software company, to releasing his own gambling related software privately just 2 years later. Proprietary technology infringements anyone? The article even admits that he used in-house tools to help come up with the idea for his program (not illegal, but if he used the same algorithms, it is).
I'd hate to say it, but I don't think you'd win the case against this guy on those grounds. He states that his job was writing code for a blackjack program. He is selling a poker bot. His lawyers would just bring up what the differences in the 2 games are and the only thing in common is a deck of cards and that suit would get thrown out of court...jmhoMike B

Quoted from WH's forum...

I have found to be successful you must be good at poker. You must understand the game well, that part is non-negotiable. After all, you are programming the strategy, so you bot will only be as good as you are. I think most users are in agreement with that.Regardless of what others say, I believe that you must have some programming experience or be willing to put in a lot of effort to get up to speed. You don’t need to be a strong programmer, just have a good understanding of the basics. There are lots of code snippets on the forum to help you out. Programming a good bot is time consuming and is not a project that can be completed over night or in a month. Most of the successful users on this forum have put in countless hours of work.I think there are reasonably high barriers to entry (success) for anyone who buys WH. You need to have the aptitude to play poker well and be computer savvy enough to program your strategy and setup WH so it is undetectable. Not only that, you need to have sufficient free time to dedicate to the project.
Yep, sounds like all you need to do is buy the software, install it and let it run and make you millions!!!
Read the article, and the last sentence of the first paragraph...It's late one Wednesday afternoon, and CptPokr is logged on to PartyPoker.com and ready to play. Onscreen, the captain exudes a certain brash charisma - broad shoulders, immaculate brown hair, restless animatronic eyes. He looks like he should be playing synth in Kraftwerk. Instead, he is seated at a virtual table with nine other avatars, wagering on limit Texas hold 'em.I would like to point out the s, w. Case closed.Also, Royal, I love yellow. Brings out the eyes...
s, w? I missed it...... what do you mean?
Quoted from WH's forum...
I have found to be successful you must be good at poker. You must understand the game well, that part is non-negotiable. After all, you are programming the strategy, so you bot will only be as good as you are. I think most users are in agreement with that.Regardless of what others say, I believe that you must have some programming experience or be willing to put in a lot of effort to get up to speed. You don’t need to be a strong programmer, just have a good understanding of the basics. There are lots of code snippets on the forum to help you out. Programming a good bot is time consuming and is not a project that can be completed over night or in a month. Most of the successful users on this forum have put in countless hours of work.I think there are reasonably high barriers to entry (success) for anyone who buys WH. You need to have the aptitude to play poker well and be computer savvy enough to program your strategy and setup WH so it is undetectable. Not only that, you need to have sufficient free time to dedicate to the project.
Yep, sounds like all you need to do is buy the software, install it and let it run and make you millions!!!
All I know is that could be the best avatar-d EVER!Best...
Anyone else ever been accused of being a bot?
No, not good enough, but I love accusing other good, silent players of being bots. Its funny when they answer back, but there are defiently some "people" that I really thought could have been, and no matter how hard I tried, they would not talk back.......

That article definately raises some huge questions about the future of online poker. It also raises the idea that lower level games are already being exploited. I like the idea that these bots can be customized to different strategies although I don't like the idea of bots at all. I can see how this can be immensely profitable in the long run. I have a few questions after reading this article. First, does anyone here have any personal expierence with such programs? How exactly can we be sure that onlne poker sites are actively suppressing these illegal uses? Just because I read that Party Poker has 100 people on the payroll to combat this doesn't mean they are effective in stopping this behavior...I don't trust these companies at all especially now that they are becoming publically owned and traded commodities.OK so what are some effective strategies that could help to eliminate these programs? For one, maybe they could utilize security features that many websites do when logging in or registering for services. Maybe every few hands the site could flash up a screen where you have to type in a displayed code word that is distorted so that a bot couldn't read it. Just one thought I had. I think this thread should be discussed a lot more. Until then you can find me on Pokerstars playing bot-less Stud8.JMHeel

I have a few questions after reading this article. First, does anyone here have any personal expierence with such programs? How exactly can we be sure that onlne poker sites are actively suppressing these illegal uses?
http://www.winholdem.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=437Read the posts past the first of people getting nailed. No idea what the ratio is, but there seems to be some capabilities to nail these guys.Ray

this stuff is totaly real. i was playing a few weeks ago and this one guy whos name was like 'bluffator' or something was making the same move every time i started to get suspitious because he wasnt changing and i started talking to him on chat---and he WOULDNT REPSONDhmm, i wonder why this 'player' wouldnnt say anything back?i left the table and checked back like 4 HOURS later and it was still t here and was up like 90 buckstotal robot man this stuff is going to ruin online poker for all of us real players just trying to make an extra buck for our lives :cry:

this stuff is totaly real. i was playing a few weeks ago and this one guy whos name was like 'bluffator' or something was making the same move every time i started to get suspitious because he wasnt changing and i started talking to him on chat---and he WOULDNT REPSONDhmm, i wonder why this 'player' wouldnnt say anything back?i left the table and checked back like 4 HOURS later and it was still t here and was up like 90 buckstotal robot man this stuff is going to ruin online poker for all of us real players just trying to make an extra buck for our lives :cry:
Did you report the bot?