two days of hell...muth (read the blog)

After you finish rambling, what say we put Lori on and engage in some HP chat?  :club:
Wow best idea I have heard yet!! Hate to admit this, but it was pure torture upon finishing Book 6.....I finished it in about 12 hours and then I had to wait and wait and wait for others I knew to finish so I could discuss it with them without ruining the surprise death.....I needed to talk about it to get through it! I know it sounds lame but whatever I am a big ole lame-o then.
After you finish rambling, what say we put Lori on and engage in some HP chat? :club:
Wow best idea I have heard yet!! Hate to admit this, but it was pure torture upon finishing Book 6.....I finished it in about 12 hours and then I had to wait and wait and wait for others I knew to finish so I could discuss it with them without ruining the surprise death.....I needed to talk about it to get through it! I know it sounds lame but whatever I am a big ole lame-o then.
I think that there has to be some special secret agreement between Snape and Dumbledore. Snape has to be a good guy in the end......i hope?
After you finish rambling, what say we put Lori on and engage in some HP chat? :club:
I think that there has to be some special secret agreement between Snape and Dumbledore. Snape has to be a good guy in the end......i hope?
:D First thing that popped into my head was exactly what you just said. But JK rowling is a really good plot spinner and she has been manipulating our view of Snape this whole time with some people suspecting him (harry, ron, sirius) and others vouching for him (dumbledore, hermione, lupin, etc.) She has set it up SO well. Now you dont know what to think about Snape....and she has made it clear that Snape will be a crucial character in the 7th book (no surprise now obviously).Cant wait for book 7, dammit.
Go read the blog. I wrote it and it still makes me laugh out loud. Let me know what ya'll think.
Hellmuth: Are you kidding me. I’m the hardest working man in poker. I talk to my lawyers in Toronto, then my lawyers in New York, then my lawyers in LA. That’s everyday!He talks to lawyers all day...no wonder he so messed up :!: PS. Why was Mikey in jail?
Go read the blog. I wrote it and it still makes me laugh out loud. Let me know what ya'll think.
Hellmuth: Are you kidding me. I’m the hardest working man in poker. I talk to my lawyers in Toronto, then my lawyers in New York, then my lawyers in LA. That’s everyday!He talks to lawyers all day...no wonder he so messed up :!: PS. Why was Mikey in jail?
Attempting to traffic in narcotics. I believe he tried to sell coke to an undercover cop.
I slacked off of work on Saturday to read it, then loaned it to my brother that night. Then went to his house for a poker game Sunday night and tortured him since he wasn't finished with it at that point. Two of us there had read it already, so that was loads of fun. Especially when the girl nearly ruined the end... :D
I slacked off of work on Saturday to read it, then loaned it to my brother that night. Then went to his house for a poker game Sunday night and tortured him since he wasn't finished with it at that point. Two of us there had read it already, so that was loads of fun. Especially when the girl nearly ruined the end... :D
Wow, if someone had ruined THAT ending for me I probably would have gone apeshitte on them. Not cool. I was in shock for an hour after I read that chapter.....still not completely over it.

thats so true dna4ever i never really thought about it before now but u really said a mouthful . oh well next time ill use bigger smarter words. how about poo-poo head and meanie weinie. lmao good luck at the tables and thanks for the welcome

Ok..pretty funny stuff but I can't believe that you were not in conversation as much as you posted. I'm sure you gave them 3 allot jabs. Or has the married life left us with a kindler, gentler, more reserved Daniel?

I was not that suprised with the comments made from Mike and Phil H, but Phil Gordon surprised me a bit. How could he think he is more famous than Hellmuth, on TV he comes off as being confident but not to the point where he thinks he is more well known than Phil Hellmuth.
Gordon undoubtably has a much higher Q rating than Hellmuth. Poker players (and everyone else) are clueless about things not in their domain and internet posters tend to think their opinions are the final answer. Case in point, my post just now. :club: Phil Gordon is a smart guy... so trust him. He knows when he is out of his league unlike others and does not brag to boost himself.Now of course among "poker players" the ratings would be different. I keep meeting pros who are surprised that Phil Laak is so recognizable.
After you finish rambling, what say we put Lori on and engage in some HP chat?  :club:
Wow, if someone had ruined THAT ending for me I probably would have gone censored on them. Not cool. I was in shock for an hour after I read that chapter.....still not completely over it.
I had to read the last two chapters over again to make sure that it was true, and look for maybe hints of what was to come in book 7. JK does know how to leave a cliffhanger doesn't she? The HP chat rooms are full of rumors and speculation about the last book. I'm not really sure what I want to see happen, except that Harry wins in the end.
That celebrity poker showdown gig plays in a lot of houses...unfortunately..
I completely agree with that. I absolutely cringe when the celebrities shout out their moves:I FOLD (instead of just folding)I RAISE (and give an explanation to why they are doing it)I don't think Gordon is doing himself any justice by commentating for that show. He would be much better served doing Poker Superstars on Fox Sports or various poker coverage for ESPN so they could get rid of Norman (insert lame ex-wife joke) Chad. I didn't like Chad subbing for Wilbon and Kornheiser on PTI and I don't like him on the WSOP coverage.
Hellmuth? Pff, who cares, Matusow is my hero because of this "Matusow: The only way that Phil won that Heads Up championship was because I was in jail!" It doesn't get any better than that.
that was the best line of em all
I was not that suprised with the comments made from Mike and Phil H, but Phil Gordon surprised me a bit.  How could he think he is more famous than Hellmuth, on TV he comes off as being confident but not to the point where he thinks he is more well known than Phil Hellmuth.
Gordon undoubtably has a much higher Q rating than Hellmuth. Poker players (and everyone else) are clueless about things not in their domain and internet posters tend to think their opinions are the final answer. Case in point, my post just now. :club: Phil Gordon is a smart guy... so trust him. He knows when he is out of his league unlike others and does not brag to boost himself.Now of course among "poker players" the ratings would be different. I keep meeting pros who are surprised that Phil Laak is so recognizable.
Now that I think about it you are probably right. Before I started playing poker and watching poker on TV I wouldn't have known who any of the pros are but I might have known the host of a semi-popular TV show.
Hellmuth? Pff, who cares, Matusow is my hero because of this "Matusow: The only way that Phil won that Heads Up championship was because I was in jail!" It doesn't get any better than that.
that was the best line of em all
I believe this may be the single best line regarding poker ever spoken.
Wow, if someone had ruined THAT ending for me I probably would have gone censored on them. Not cool. I was in shock for an hour after I read that chapter.....still not completely over it.
I had to read the last two chapters over again to make sure that it was true, and look for maybe hints of what was to come in book 7. JK does know how to leave a cliffhanger doesn't she? The HP chat rooms are full of rumors and speculation about the last book. I'm not really sure what I want to see happen, except that Harry wins in the end.
Yeah, what I am curious about is how can she wrap this all up neatly without the 7th book being 2000 pages long. It seems like there is still so much to tell. I will be sad to see it all end....she better have a damn happy ending up her sleeve!I think I would prefer it if Snape is a bad guy.....but if she has some special twist for him that would be ok too I guess.