i'll no longer be posting here, good luck.

Daniel, I've got a ton of great stories, but I was turned off by royal tour calling me a nerd after a great post by me.I happened to have beaten 2 players and I've drawn one who've played on the Canadian Olympiad chess team.Some anecdotes share intelligent attributes.After his ignorant post, I just figure to hell with these children. They don't deserve these interesting stories.I hope you can ban royal tour or get him to grow up. Only then will I bother to post often here... I'm off to other forums...It's a pity that people disrespect the forum, because I see that as disrespecting you.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm horrible at searches but it couldn't have been more then 2 or 3 weeks ago where there was a thread about Smash then it got so talkin bout MarionSauce yadda yadda yadda
It was a good thread...can someone who remembers it a little better than I do bump it?
Ditto, are we talking not even a poker player, or just not a writer? Either way thats pretty hilarious.
basically both. which is horribly sad if you think about it. Not only does he lie about playing poker, he makes up a story about being a romance novelist. That one I just don't get, like who on earth sits down and thinks, hmmmm, I'm gonna register on a poker forum, read a bunch of books to show that I have a knowledge of the game, though I still won't play, and on top of that, I think I'll tell them I'm a romance novelist. They'll never suspect that I'm lying if I say that.

As a long time internet surfer, I've heard BS galore. The 'avatar' phenomenon is incredible. A lot of what Smash said didn't add up for me.Early on, he claimed to have won over 100K from PLO(or PLO8 - 1 of the 2). Then he claimed that he sometimes gave fallacious advice deliberately as a 'test' - more like to suggest that he was all-knowing and infallible, and cover up for any bad theoretical posts.Lastly he claimed to have won 40K off Wintermute in PLO8 - not impossible, but very unlikely considering he was always playing $3/$6 HE - the bankrolls are just not in the same ballpark. Wintermute also claimed the biggest winner against him was rainaruby( a rockish player - and it didn't add up to $40K). Smash was a watcher of big games, not a participant.Smash was smart - understood basic poker theory better than most forumites, and had a sharp wit. He was certainly no poker superstar though. The only account which the forum was ever privy to was 'thecandle' where he only played micro stakes.The forum was young - as were most of the members. That means there was a space for a BS'er to gain the admiration of impressionable people. That's all - no big deal. It's not the first or the last time it happened on the 'net...

Thank jogsxyz.http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...opic.php?t=1957I have no intrest in posting somewhere where people are going to have personal vendettas specifically against me where I'm going to have to end up defending myself in the face of accusations from overly sensative megalomaniacs.Good luck everyone, see you on the tables.Take care.
Lol.Irony meter pegged @ 100%
basically both. which is horribly sad if you think about it. Not only does he lie about playing poker, he makes up a story about being a romance novelist. That one I just don't get, like who on earth sits down and thinks, hmmmm, I'm gonna register on a poker forum, read a bunch of books to show that I have a knowledge of the game, though I still won't play, and on top of that, I think I'll tell them I'm a romance novelist. They'll never suspect that I'm lying if I say that.
wow, like Jordan, i missed this too...crazy.edit....no woooonder he never posted his handles on any of the poker sites...lollll...it all makes sense now...do you know what his excuse was for not giving out his "handles"?

I don't have a link to that other thread, but he was in Sklansky's Special forum less than two months ago making an absolute ass out of himself.

wow, like Jordan, i missed this too...crazy.edit....no woooonder he never posted his handles on any of the poker sites...lollll...it all makes sense now...do you know what his excuse was for not giving out his "handles"?
He said because he was posting his HH's on here, that he didn't want FCPer's to come to his tables since they would know exactly how he played.

How would someone go about proving that he was lying about either of those things?The only thing that didnt add up for me is why someone would spend so long playing 3/6 on party if they thought they were as good as he clearly thought he was.But none of the amounts he claimed to make were unrealistic.And anyone can be a writer. I think he claimed to have had a few of his novels published, but i dont know how anyone would out him as a fraud unless he made some big drawn out confession.

Funny cause I went to a car show today and there were a t least 10 Deloreans, where did they find them all?
It is possible to buy a BRAND NEW DeLorean. Someone in Houston purchased the entire factory when it closed and have all the parts and everything and can build you a new car. For aroung $75,000.
He said because he was posting his HH's on here, that he didn't want FCPer's to come to his tables since they would know exactly how he played.
which is insanely silly considering that he was saying that he was making 50K a year playing party 3/6 Full. The games before party added a 3/6 6 level were ridiculously soft, but with tons of people to where protecting your SN is hilarious cause so few were going to be able to use it against you
What other reasons are there to believe he lied?That in itself really doesnt prove anything.
I only know what Econ Tim told me. Marion had talked to Aseem and told aseem that smash was as full of shit as a horse stable. Tim heard this from aseem's mouth. We weren't able to get into detail cause it was in an IRC chat room and soon after he told me this, we got involved in another discussion. I know that it sounds like a game of telephone, but that's what I know and needless to say, the source is very reliable
I only know what Econ Tim told me. Marion had talked to Aseem and told aseem that smash was as full of **** as a horse stable. Tim heard this from aseem's mouth. We weren't able to get into detail cause it was in an IRC chat room and soon after he told me this, we got involved in another discussion. I know that it sounds like a game of telephone, but that's what I know and needless to say, the source is very reliable
I would trust aseem and tim.But I figure the only reason marion would reveal that info is if they broke up, which kind of calls into question the reliability of the information.Marion comes off as a bit... high strung, and seems to take a lot of things too personally. Wouldnt surprise me if she was spiteful about something smash did.I dont know. But it seems like a really weird hoax when you consider that he clearly did know what he was talking about, and winning 50k at 3/6 is not particularly difficult if you put in the hours.

I never understood the Marion infatuation, although I don't understand the general infatuation across the internet with any girl who posts. Does it really make people feel more special to know that the letters you're reading were typed by someone with a vagina?

50k a year at 3/6 is indeed pretty damn hard. If you absolutely killed the game for 6-8bb/100. Playing 600 hands an hour multitabling you could pull it off I suppose.

I never understood the Marion infatuation, although I don't understand the general infatuation across the internet with any girl who posts. Does it really make people feel more special to know that the letters you're reading were typed by someone with a vagina?
it wasmore than an infatuation...it turned into a real life romance, apparently.
50k a year at 3/6 is indeed pretty damn hard. If you absolutely killed the game for 6-8bb/100. Playing 600 hands an hour multitabling you could pull it off I suppose.
You wouldnt have to come even close to those winrates, which is a good thing considering there isnt a person in the world beating todays 3/6 onlien games by that much.I made more than that playing primarily 3/6 last year, and i was both a full time student and held a full time job.I know many people who have. It's more of an issue if you put the time in. A ton of people here can, they just dont.
I only know what Econ Tim told me. Marion had talked to Aseem and told aseem that smash was as full of shit as a horse stable. Tim heard this from aseem's mouth. We weren't able to get into detail cause it was in an IRC chat room and soon after he told me this, we got involved in another discussion. I know that it sounds like a game of telephone, but that's what I know and needless to say, the source is very reliable
interesting.I used to AIM with Aseem and then I got tired of AIM; but he always spoke well of Smash and apparently knew him, in person.I never got the impression Aseem was lying.I'd like to know why Aseem never exposed him.My verdict is still out. Either way the entertainment and poker discussions were valuable
interesting.I used to AIM with Aseem and then I got tired of AIM; but he always spoke well of Smash and apparently knew him, in person.I never got the impression Aseem was lying.I'd like to know why Aseem never exposed him.My verdict is still out. Either way the entertainment and poker discussions were valuable
I have no clue what aseem thought of him, I just know what tim told me. Personally I started to question smash's validity when he started making some really outrageous claims about how much he was playing 10/20 6 on Party and how much he won. I made some comment basically saying it was BS cause I talked with players that were some of the best players in the game, and I asked them what were the winrates in their DBs of some of the biggest winners. Smash then retorted something ridiculous and made some claim about my winrate at 5/10 and 10/20 to which I PMed him my SN on party and told him to run against his DB and I told him that if he wasn't full of it he should PM me the names that he's used, if he ever changed his SN, and I'd run it against nearly 200K Datamined hands. All he then did was send me an obsenity filled PM that really didn't address any of what I asked him to address. I knew he was BS then cause any person who is confident in themselves and know that they aren't full of it wouldn't go off like that