question for my poker friends

I was playing in a tournament on UB $5 with rebuys and madse it to final table450 players total.the top 7 got seats in $200 buy in tournamnet and 8th place got$50.Here is my delima no one is makeing a move when we get to 8 players because of the bubble and i get dealt aces a guy 2 seats b4 me goes all in for half my satck.What am i to doeasy decision right call well i do and he has AK and the flop comes kk7 for him to be the winner and i evently went out 8th because of the blinds.Could i have possibly folded that hand I am an aggressive player and belive i played it right but on the bubble i want some opinions.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

would need chip stacks and how low is short stackand what are the blinds?
doesnt matter, doesnt matter, and doesnt matter. All you need to know is this: tournament, AA, you have villain covered. call.
No, you don't. Play to win. I understand wanting the buy in, but you can't fold that hand. If the table is really tight, I would have put him on KK, MAYBE QQ, in which case you are kicking his ass. I wouldn't think he would have AK, but he did and you got your money in almost as far ahead as you could possibly be. You did it right, I think.

Well, what do you think? You put yourself in a position where you are more than an 80% favorite. That's all you can do. There is no way you fold at that point, and if anyone folds there, it's pure stupidity. So, yes, you did the right thing, yes you got unlucky, move on.

doesnt matter, doesnt matter, and doesnt matter. All you need to know is this: tournament, AA, you have villain covered. call.
so even if shortstack is all in, in the blind next hand and everyone else has minimum 10xBBs?????? um that matters to me

no i said i think i plyed it right and i do play to win just havent really had that happen to me on the bubble(lost with aces many times) just not when i could win 30 k in the next tournament.and to ansewer questionI had about 120kthe average stack was 100k and the all in guy was low with 60kand the blinds were 5k and 10k with 500 ante

so even if shortstack is all in, in the blind next hand and everyone else has minimum 10xBBs?????? um that matters to me
shouldn't...you're putting your money in when you've got the best hand...

It all depends on the stacks of the other opponents. If one of them has the a big blind left it's an easy fold. However if your 7th in chips and know you have to make a move soon you obviously have to call.

Was this guy tight or loose? Big stack or small stack? Position?Without knowing the tables "mood" on the whole I say you absolutely did the right thing. You had to fire your pocket rockets. You just got very unlucky..........

if you think you should have folded, you must not play poker to win
In this particular case 7th place is the same as first. So survival is more important than winning. You dont need to take chances and get all the chips. Once the 8th person is eliminated 1 chips is a good as 1000 chips. This is the only situation where folding Aces preflop is actually a good idea. If first paid more than the other spots you go with it. But since 1-7 is the same there is no reason to lose a lot of chips and go out 8th. If you are short stacked and going to be blinded away soon go for it. But if you have a good stack, as it sounds like the OP did, then it is best to just sit around and wait for someone to get knocked out.
Was this guy tight or loose? Big stack or small stack? Position?Without knowing the tables "mood" on the whole I say you absolutely did the right thing. You had to fire your pocket rockets. You just got very unlucky..........
what the hell does it matter if the guy was tight or loose, or what the "mood" of the table is. You have the best possible starting hand, and you are AT WORST a 77% favourite to win the hand, its an auto call, no thinking, a-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c.
There is no variation between 1st thru 7th, next one out get screwed.The ONLY goal here is to survive.

i knew i did it right in my head it just suuucked and i wanted to see if anyone thought they could lay it down.I heard on pro and i cant remember who say until youve laid down aces preflopp your not the best player out there.(Something like that)

We would have to see the size of everyone's stack. What none of you get is that 7th is like 1st. Therefore if there is a 99.9% chance he comes in 7th while folding each hand why would he take the 10% chance of losing with aces? Please post a genral chip count to help us determine whether or not you were justified.

There is no variation between 1st thru 7th, next one out get screwed.The ONLY goal here is to survive.
unless there are players left to act who have you covered, you call. THE ONLY SCENARIO WHERE FOLDING AA IS PROPER IS IN A SATELLITE WHERE A PLAYER HAS GONE ALL IN AND ANOTHER PLAYER HAS CALLED AND ONE OF THOSE PLAYERS HAS YOU COVERED ON THE BUBBLE.

I had about 120kthe average stack was 100k and the all in guy was low with 60kand the blinds were 5k and 10k with 500 antether were only 2 people ahead of me at 130k and 135kand the blinds went up every 10 minutes.also your right 7th is the same as 1st you dont even finish once 8th goes out.

I'd fold. It's not worth becoming the short stack. You should not be involved in big pots in your situation. Let someone else do it.

unless there are players left to act who have you covered, you call. THE ONLY SCENARIO WHERE FOLDING AA IS PROPER IS IN A SATELLITE WHERE A PLAYER HAS GONE ALL IN AND ANOTHER PLAYER HAS CALLED AND ONE OF THOSE PLAYERS HAS YOU COVERED ON THE BUBBLE.
No. 1st to 7th all receive the same 200 buy in.A fold would have been OK., and the whole "get your money in when you have the best hand". is crap when its pre flop., How about this theory. "get your ass in the top 7 and win a spot in the 200 buy in".. or how bout. "getcha ass to mars".. total recall

19000 every go around. You have plenty of hands to play before going broke. I actually might recommend waiting out the clock here. This will piss everyone off and make them go on tilt.