hellmuth on best damn

did anyone else see this last night FSN? They were asking him about being the bad boy of poker and he said it worked out good for him because it made him 20 million dollars. Not to start any "How much is Phil Hellmuth worth" threads or anything, but I just found that a tad unbelievable.

yea i saw...i think he was refering to how his image got him notoriety and thus he sold books b/c of it.but i dont think it made him 20 mill
I dont think so either....if anything it made him more than 20 mill. He has two books out that sold tons of copies....do you have any idea how much money you get for something like that??? You can say Phil is a jerk and you can even say maybe he isnt so good at cash games....but he makes a TON of money from outside ventures.then there is his relationship with Ultimate Bet, his clothing line (doubt that one is a huge money maker but still) his cell phone poker game....its a long list....I think 20 mill sounds about right

I look at that just like when you read about someone like The Dave Matthews band making 50 million last year. I think Hellmuth may have made 20 million. Minus agents, publishers, taxes, worker bee's, etc. He probably got like 50 grand and all the free coffee he can drink from "Java World".That was for the Seinfeld lovers. He probably made millions but a lot less than 20 mil.

yea i saw...i think he was refering to how his image got him notoriety and thus he sold books b/c of it.but i dont think it made him 20 mill
I dont think so either....if anything it made him more than 20 mill. He has two books out that sold tons of copies....do you have any idea how much money you get for something like that??? You can say Phil is a jerk and you can even say maybe he isnt so good at cash games....but he makes a TON of money from outside ventures.then there is his relationship with Ultimate Bet, his clothing line (doubt that one is a huge money maker but still) his cell phone poker game....its a long list....I think 20 mill sounds about right
yea, also in a ub chat a month or two ago he mentioned he raised his price for appearances and such to i think $50k a pop and he's still all over the place. he definately isn't stuck grinding for a living.
I look at that just like when you read about someone like The Dave Matthews band making 50 million last year. I think Hellmuth may have made 20 million. Minus agents, publishers, taxes, worker bee's, etc. He probably got like 50 grand and all the free coffee he can drink from "Java World".That was for the Seinfeld lovers. He probably made millions but a lot less than 20 mil.
You know he's been getting 25K a night for lessons and charges 50K for appearance fees , I don't doubt 20 mil at all.

$20MM is very do-able.Consider, he's got best selling books, and is writing an autobiography that has already been optioned. His long standing deal with Ultimate Bet - He's got $3.6MM in tourny wins alone.New EdgeTV deal.Wireless poker.DVDs and chips.He's got an excellent agent and good business sense. I think Paris Hilton has prven you don't have to worry about overexposure.

$20MM is very do-able.Consider' date=' he's got best selling books, and is writing an autobiography that has already been optioned. His long standing deal with Ultimate Bet - [b']He's got $3.6MM in tourny wins alone.[/b]New EdgeTV deal.Wireless poker.DVDs and chips.He's got an excellent agent and good business sense. I think Paris Hilton has prven you don't have to worry about overexposure.[/quotThats just in WSOP winnings, if you add the other money hes made in other tournys that number would be much higher.
$20MM is very do-able.He's got $3.6MM in tourny wins alone.Thats just in WSOP winnings' date=' if you add the other money hes made in other tournys that number would be much higher.[/quote']$4,813,967 lifetime (official, does not take into account deals made, for better or worse) tourney wins. But who's counting?

He's got to be worth something close to that between marketing deals with UltimateBet, his books, and his other ventures. Besides, while we all know him because of his tournament appearances, he must play in some cash games and do moderately well at best.I just wish he'd buy himself some more appropriate clothing sometimes. I often wonder how it is you can look so disheveled and be so much in control. But hey, if it works for him, more power to him!

Of course $20 million is doable.....he has his hand in a dozen different projects besides playing poker.....plus $5 mil in tourney wins...no one really knows how much he has made off of side games. Plus we have no idea on if he has staked players in the past and if that has been profitable for him. He is one of the most well-known icons of the game, why is it not pheasable to believe his net worth is around $20 mil or more?