• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

everyone is always a long time lurker eh...
LoL, I post mostly at my home site 72os.com and cardplayer.I lurk here just to read DN's posts. He and Flack are my 2 favorite players and the opportunity to play DN headsup would be awesome.... Accept the part where I would be in his blog with a Golden Tee score of +42 vs his -17. :club: If I won I would be cramming all night the night before.Now, I just need to create something innovative and impressive in less then a week.
Thats a sweet prize.  I wish I was at least a little artistic.  Whoever wins this better take the weekend in Vegas prize!
Yeah, that would kick ass, but whoever takes the weekend and plays DN for $500 in all of those games is very likely going to wind up losing money. You've gotta figure Daniel Negreanu is going to be a prohibitive favorite over *anybody* on the forum in at least 5 of the games: Golden Tee, Blitz, Showtime, and both of the heads up poker games. He's probably going to be a favorite over *most* of the people on the forum in both 8-ball and 9-ball. Now, if he'd agree to raise the stakes in the H.O.R.S.E. game to $5000, then I figure I'm very likely going to win money off DN even if I'm a big underdog in all the $500 games. Not that I know anything about logos.
DUH, the winner doesn't put up any money. JEEZ !!!!!! Ewe win and get $500, he wins and he chuckles at you and posts to FCP for others to finish the job. :club:
I'm sure you're right, but he did say "you and I would play a series of challenge matches for $500 each" so I think it would still be a good idea for him to clarify it, just to set the record straight. Then again, I'm a lwayer, so I'm just used to being overly anal about things like that.
if you read the blog he says i'll pay you $500 for every game you win against me.
Yes, but if you read one of the statements before that, it says you will be playing for $500 each. Of course he will pay you $500 for each game you win but if you're playing for $500 each, it might just go without saying that you would be expected to pay DN $500 for each game you didn't win. I don't think that's what he means. I think he meant the word "each" to apply to each of the games listed rather than each of the participants involved. But it's capable of being viably interpreted the other way too, and when something is capable of being interpreted in two different ways and a simple clarification would resolve any doubt, then the simple clarification should go ahead and be made, just to set the record straight.Again, lawyer talking here.

Daniel would never make a poor FCP'r put up $500 for each of the matches.. What would be the point of putting in a lot of time & developing an outstanding logo only to pay Daniel a couple grand... think logically here.

if you read the blog he says i'll pay you $500 for every game you win against me.
Yes, but if you read one of the statements before that, it says you will be playing for $500 each.
I'm pretty sure what he meant by "each" was each game. Not each as in referring to the two players.

Royal Tour, KidKanuck, and other designers...I appreciate your advice but am a little lost in the computer design jargon. It seems like this contest is meant for people with these technologic capabilities and not necessarily those who are "amateurs" with some artistic ability but no software!Any advice for the latter?Thanks,Fatman

Royal Tour, KidKanuck, and other designers...I appreciate your advice but am a little lost in the computer design jargon. It seems like this contest is meant for people with these technologic capabilities and not necessarily those who are "amateurs" with some artistic ability but no software!Any advice for the latter?Thanks,Fatman
my best suggestion is http://gimp.org
you know, if i were you i would draw the logo however you can, scan it in and worry about the rest later.
I think the idea of drawing something, scanning it then worrying about it later is the best way to go about it as someone suggested.I would guess if it is the best of the submissions they will certainly pick it regardless of format.JMO

Sounds like a lot of fun. I am an advertising major at school and have taken plenty of graphic design classes. Maybe they will finally come in handy :club: . BTW what format do you want the pictures to be sent in? Jpeg, PSD, AI, etc.? Thanks and I'll see what I can whip up.

Long long long time lurker. First time poster.I certainly will try my hardest to win this.
sorry to be your first semi flamer..but...
It seems like it would be very hard for anyone to cover $2000 from the 8 games of choice, but the reduction in cash would be far outweighed by the chance to play DN headsup and by the chance to have a great time in Vegas on him.VS me he would win: Golden Tee, NBA Showtime, NFL Blitz, 8-BallI would have a small chance in: 9-Ball, Limit Hold'em
no you wouldnt
I would have a good chance in: No Limit Hold'em
no you wouldnt
, A Game of H.O.R.S.E
nope.. if you had a chance AT ALL it might be in blitz, if you practiced a bit, thats an easy game to beat...just choose DA BOMB and send your reciever waaay far. do a lot of stiff arms and spin moves and you got a chance
Logo submitted. I certainly have little to no chance, but hey, everyone hits a long shot once in a while. Good to luck to everyone sending in a logo!!
dont be so hard an yerself!!!!good luck to you too:)

While it would be just silly that Daniel meant for whoever plays him to fork over $500 per game lost, if he did try to do that, it would be so frickin hilarious! Can you imagine going there, pumped to hang out with Daniel, you enjoy the weekend...you end up losing most of the games, but get lucky on an all in preflop draw out on NL holdem, and a couple other games... but still lose more than half. You just get done losing the last game, when Daniel is all like, "That was fun, I hope you had a good time. Oh, do you have the three grand you owe me on you now?"...lol... that would SUCK!Please note: I do not think, nor should any rational person, that Daniel expects someone to pay him for this, but it would be soooo funny. :club:

Logo submitted.  I certainly have little to no chance, but hey, everyone hits a long shot once in a while.  Good to luck to everyone sending in a logo!!
This isn't being hard on myself, just being realistic. We have a large community here at FCP, some who undoubtedly work in the graphic arts, design, adverstising, etc, etc. Thus, there are some "ringers" out there in FCP land, so it's likely someone with that type of background would have a much better chance of winning.
I doubt that DN would take any FCP'ers money, c'mon do you really think he'd say "alright I beat you at golden tee, fork over your rent money..I need it to get myself a poodle" .....of course not.
HahahahaChihuahua - Yeah this is all an elaborate plan to get his mother her own dog. He is obviously going through some financial woes and needed to figure something out.BigSlick
Logo submitted. I certainly have little to no chance, but hey, everyone hits a long shot once in a while. Good to luck to everyone sending in a logo!!
This isn't being hard on myself, just being realistic. We have a large community here at FCP, some who undoubtedly work in the graphic arts, design, adverstising, etc, etc. Thus, there are some "ringers" out there in FCP land, so it's likely someone with that type of background would have a much better chance of winning.
i was just being friendly.
i was just being friendly.
:D Just felt the need to clear it up. Of course, you haven't seen my entry either. :club: