A suggestion..The 3 we should vote on should be left anonymous when shown. So that it doesn't end up a personality contest. And votes could be done by email with forum name included. Online polls are waay to o easy to manipulate.

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a compact design but may be easily used in a 'large' capacity, too.the 'red' version is just to show a little color.didn't create many variants on color/gradients, but they can easily be made. more coming... this time crunch is tough so we'll see tomorrow.compact.01.gifcompact.01-red.gifI kinda want to have something like this more square as a card protector. henever I pull a bluff (or miracle) with T7x (which I RARELY play) I usually show (or don't show the miracle) - how much cooler to just flip over your cards with this.Honestly, I had hoped for more feedback in this thread so far... the goal is to have a kick ass logo that we all like. The competiition is all fun, but a bunch of us were planning on doing t-shirts anyway - Daniel's incentive just made us go Wow crazy.

A suggestion..The 3 we should vote on should be left anonymous when shown. So that it doesn't end up a personality contest.    And votes could be done by email with forum name included.   Online polls are waay to o easy to manipulate.
You know.. this is probably going to happen. except its a little hard when ELKANG KEEPS POSTING HIS DESIGNS!!LOL...

black and white with varying gradient.FCP-bw-flat.gifFCP-bw-gradt.gifAgain... feedback, suggestions, changes... Buehler?

Honestly, I had hoped for more feedback in this thread so far... the goal is to have a kick ass logo that we all like. The competiition is all fun, but a bunch of us were planning on doing t-shirts anyway - Daniel's incentive just made us go Wow crazI understand where your coming from. I always enjoy feed back from designs. however, due to the fact that its an open contest to all members, you shouldnt expect much feedback from us. We are A) your competition, and B)your competition. :wink:

if anyone can help bring the following ideas to life, maybe you can throw me a bone if you win the prize.I've sent them via email, but I know they're looking for "logos," not slogans.I just don't have the skills (or software) to bring them to life. In keeping with the "full contact poker" theme, and with Daniel's style of play, I thought a play on the old hockey adage "Play the man, not the puck" would fit nicely and make for some cool gear -- instead of puck, we'd use "Full Contact Poker -- Play the Man, not the Deck."And if there were some way to make a pokerchip logo that might somehow be mistaken for a hockey puck (think androgynous poker chip/hockey puck, or something born a hockey puck but raised a poker chip, lol), that might fit as well.okay -- the pokerpuck is a bit of a stretch, but I love the slogan.

if anyone can help bring the following ideas to life, maybe you can throw me a bone if you win the prize.I've sent them via email, but I know they're looking for "logos," not slogans.I just don't have the skills (or software) to bring them to life. In keeping with the "full contact poker" theme, and with Daniel's style of play, I thought a play on the old hockey adage "Play the man, not the puck" would fit nicely and make for some cool gear -- instead of puck, we'd use "Full Contact Poker -- Play the Man, not the Deck."And if there were some way to make a pokerchip logo that might somehow be mistaken for a hockey puck (think androgynous poker chip/hockey puck, or something born a hockey puck but raised a poker chip, lol), that might fit as well.okay -- the pokerpuck is a bit of a stretch, but I love the slogan.
Great slogan,,buuut.. we have a few "lady" members.. and just to make sure there is no uproaor. "Play the player, not the deck." would be more suiting.But i do like it!

i know it's sexist.but you can't say "play the player, not the puck(deck)."no offense intended to females, and i think this is another case of political correctness gone too far.the original saying was "Play the man, not the puck." Sexist even in the hockey world these days, but "play the player" just doesn't work."Play the woman, not the deck" is better than play the player.

black and white with varying gradient.FCP-bw-flat.gifFCP-bw-gradt.gifAgain... feedback, suggestions, changes... Buehler?
You want some honest feedback?looks sharp. except there are too many small details that will be lost when shrunk down to a more fitting size.

I just wanted to say what a great contest this is, heck it got me to quit being a lurker just to say how cool it would be to win.Good luck to all, you will be the envy of everyone who reads the site, and post on the forum.A big thanks to Daniel for taking time out of his schedule for one of his fans.Travis

You should find a new slogan.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Best first post EVER!!swOn a better note, any guesses on how many entries are going to be submitted?
You should find a new slogan.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Best first post EVER!!swOn a better note, any guesses on how many entries are going to be submitted?
8000 members.. 3x each member. 24000. then subtract from all lazy folk, any people with zero talent. people who assume they wont win,and people who didnt even see the post. so i'd say roughly 100 - 150 entrees
On a better note, any guesses on how many entries are going to be submitted?
8000 members.. 3x each member. 24000. then subtract from all lazy folk, any people with zero talent. people who assume they wont win,and people who didnt even see the post. so i'd say roughly 100 - 150 entrees
I was thinking like 400-500, fyi. But, who knows??

I had to edit the posts to link it to my server. They were being hosted on another server before. Apparently a lot of people read this site. :club: Go figure.

You want some honest feedback?looks sharp. except there are too many small details that will be lost when shrunk down to a more fitting size.
THANK YOU. Remember, I want the logo to be "cool looking", and most of the uses will take advantage of the sharp details. But, of course we will need smaller ones too for other items.ANyway, ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE....FCP-bw-flat-small.gifI could go more into branding and design considerations but I'm not a pro at this and those are things that Daniel or his marketing people need to decide/discuss.
No, no, no...if you win, you get $500. If he wins, he just wins.
That's not how I read it. He said:"a weekend where you and I would play a series of challenge matches for $500 each
OK, so Daniel gets a free logo design for his site and all the merchandise, and you get to risk $4000 playing him in a bunch of games that he's obviously more skilled at than the average guy? That makes a lot of sense.Didn't the opt out of $2000 cash signal to you that there is no risk to the winner? Why on Earth would Daniel offer a prize where the winner might lose money?
untitled6cm.pngI worked on this all weekend.
I swear, I was thinking of making something almost exactly like this just as a joke, but then I didn't want to waste one of my 3 entries! This is too damned funny!Thanks for the laugh! :club:
I think it would be good if Daniel picked like the top 5 logos entered he liked and then let the forum members vote for the winner a la American Idol.  Let the public decide the ultimate winner as they will be the ones purchasing the hats, shirts, and jackets to wear.I'm pretty impressed with elkang's logo.  Good stuff!
Man you guys are just too smart! LOL. The plan was to narrow it down to three and then have all of you let me know which one you like best.
Well I'm just one person but thanks. :-) I'll take a free shirt once we've picked a winner. :-)
Am I allowed to have a million friends join just to vote for mine if it makes the final 3? :club::lol:
Lets not make this into a Yao Ming starting the All-Star game over Shaq fiasco.
No' date=' no' date=' no...if you win' date=' you get $500. If he wins, he just wins.[/quote''']That's not how I read it. He said:"a weekend where you and I would play a series of challenge matches for $500 each
OK, so Daniel gets a free logo design for his site and all the merchandise, and you get to risk $4000 playing him in a bunch of games that he's obviously more skilled at than the average guy? That makes a lot of sense. quote]Read it again. You are NOT, I repeat NOT putting up ANY $$ for these HU matches. Daniel is going to give you 500 bux if you beat him in any of the games. [/u]

I suspect there will be about 100 entries. Should be VERY cool to see them all.It's interesting that there are no parameters to how to design the logo. It's kinda twisted not to have any significant input into what DN and crew are looking for. # of colors? Full color? Favorite colors?I'm contemplating 3 variations on one design or 3 totally different takes. One that I'm working on has a chance... but it still needs some fine tuning. The other 2 are still ideas.Should be fun! Good luck to all!