• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, no, no...if you win, you get $500. If he wins, he just wins.
That's not how I read it. He said:"a weekend where you and I would play a series of challenge matches for $500 each."That implies to me that both participants would be putting $500 at risk in each challenge match. "You'd win $500 for every game you beat me in!"And you'd lose $500 for every game DN beat you in"Or, if you aren't up for a fun weekend of gambling with me and the boys, you can opt for a $2000 cash prize instead."If you're not risking losing anything playing in these games, then you wouldn't exactly be gambling with DN and the boys. That's how I read it, maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I see how that could be confusing, I certainly can't afford that but I'd take the trip in a heartbeat to just hang with Daniel for the weekend.

I'm pretty sure you're wrong.and you're gambling... because you could end up winning nothing, while on the other hand, you could just take 2k. Know what I mean?

I doubt that DN would take any FCP'ers money, c'mon do you really think he'd say "alright I beat you at golden tee, fork over your rent money..I need it to get myself a poodle" .....of course not.

I doubt that DN would take any FCP'ers money, c'mon do you really think he'd say "alright I beat you at golden tee, fork over your rent money..I need it to get myself a poodle" .....of course not.
Jeepers, keep it down,Mushu might be reading this. :wink:
Jeepers, keep it down,Mushu might be reading this. :wink:
he would obviously buy it FOR mushu, if you catch my drift.
This is the best thread ever.. someone has to show me how to do a cartwheel as my toes are just twiddling.stoked.
Hey Gov.. I'm a Industrial designer , i saw u wrote something about putting your design skills to work.Are you currently designing anywhere now?

my question is if they are gunna take something along the lines of most original type drawings/photoshops or if they are gunna take the common but looks cool type thing, cause im drawing mine, but i think its gunna be original

my question is if they are gunna take something along the lines of most original type drawings/photoshops or if they are gunna take the common but looks cool type thing, cause im drawing mine, but i think its gunna be original
It sounds like DN wants something he can actually use. So while a drawing of a martian playing poker against a cabbage patch kid may be original, it probably won't win.But I'm sure creativity will be rewarded.
It sounds like DN wants something he can actually use. So while a drawing of a martian playing poker against a cabbage patch kid may be original, it probably won't win.But I'm sure creativity will be rewarded.
funny image :club:
Hey Gov.. I'm a Industrial designer , i saw u wrote something about putting your design skills to work.Are you currently designing anywhere now?
Hey Royal,Actually yes, I'm a full time 'web/graphic' designer, but I don't make enough $ to travel yet so it would be real nice to get out of this town. The cost of living here is very expensive & unfortunatly my money goes away pretty quick.
Hey Royal,Actually yes, I'm a full time 'web/graphic' designer, but I don't make enough $ to travel yet so it would be real nice to get out of this town. The cost of living here is very expensive & unfortunatly my money goes away pretty quick.
i hear ya.. i went to school in Toronto. i was lucky enough to find a job in KingCity and now i live outside Toronto, where fee's are soo mcuh cheaper.Best of luck to you on the design.
i hear ya.. i went to school in Toronto. i was lucky enough to find a job in KingCity and now i live outside Toronto, where fee's are soo mcuh cheaper.Best of luck to you on the design.
i'm a graphic designer too!! so bring it on fellas.
Thats a sweet prize. I wish I was at least a little artistic. Whoever wins this better take the weekend in Vegas prize!
Yeah, that would kick ass, but whoever takes the weekend and plays DN for $500 in all of those games is very likely going to wind up losing money. You've gotta figure Daniel Negreanu is going to be a prohibitive favorite over *anybody* on the forum in at least 5 of the games: Golden Tee, Blitz, Showtime, and both of the heads up poker games. He's probably going to be a favorite over *most* of the people on the forum in both 8-ball and 9-ball. Now, if he'd agree to raise the stakes in the H.O.R.S.E. game to $5000, then I figure I'm very likely going to win money off DN even if I'm a big underdog in all the $500 games. Not that I know anything about logos.
I thought his blog said that only if you beat him. I didn't think you would have to pay for losing. I hope Daniel clarifies this
i'm a graphic designer too!! so bring it on fellas.
Good luck to ya Newbie.i already have 1 design submitted. :club:
I'm guessing they're going to want a rasterized .eps file, seeing as how it's the industry standard... I thought all you designers would know that... :wink:
of course.. but there is tiny font in the terms & conditions that clearly state.. and I quote "This contest is only open to FCP forum members who have registered prior to June 7th, 2005."(sw)