...*sign* stupid famous people

Guest XXEddie

Guest XXEddie

watching the sports list one FSN(btw, I know this should be in off-topic, but meh) and it had the top ten commentator. And number one was Al MichealsOne of the interveiws they do said "Al Micheals changes the world with those four words; "do you believe in miracles".....the world of tomorrow.....is headed for doom

While I agree Al Micheals is not the best announcer his mircle on ice call was the best call of my lifetime. It was during a time when people didn't try to make history. Best ever - Vin Scully Phil Liggett (cycling commentator)Worst ever - Magic Johnson Joe Nameth

haha, speaking of hockey, I find the worst announcer to be Bob Cole, on CBC's Hockey Night in Canada. Sorry to all the Americans and non-hockey fans (err..same thing, I suppose) for the reference that you will surely not get, but trust me, it's a beauty to watch this man in action. He's about 194 years old, and he's starting to show his age. Whether he's falling behind in the play or mixing up the players he's talking about, he's great for a laugh. And during the Olympics, he has the tendency to refer to team Canada as the Maple Leafs (oops!). But my personal favourite is the fact that his attention kinda wanders and he ends up narrating the most useless bits of action, or inaction for that matter."The shot is deflected high and out of play...and Belfour takes a drink of water!""Sundin and Mogilny coming in on a 2-on-1...and McCabe goes to the bench, asks for a new stick, reties his skatelace, blows his nose a couple times, and adjusts himself...oh yeah, and someone scored or something"Of course, John Madden has his own moments on Monday Night Football, saying such classic lines as "they just used their last time-out, so they dont' have any more."

Let's not forget Bill Walton on that list of bad commentators. And Charles Barkley, as funny as he can be, does look like an idiot most of the time giving analysis.

I got to say Bill Walton is the worst basketball commentator. He is so biased towards the Lakers and the only line he says is "Throw it down big man, throw it down."

Al Michaels and Bob Costas in "BASEketball:" transcendent comedy."YOU'RE excited? Feel these nipples!"
Costas is in idiot.He tries to make things way too dramatic and posts a ton of irrelavent stats
watching the sports list one FSN(btw, I know this should be in off-topic, but meh) and it had the top ten commentator. And number one was Al MichealsOne of the interveiws they do said "Al Micheals changes the world with those four words; "do you believe in miracles".....the world of tomorrow.....is headed for doom
Doug Collins is excellent and Doc rivers was pretty good.
Jack Buck hands down the greatest sports commentator of all time.
Too bad his son sucks...I'm listening to his spewage right now.

I know some think Barkley is an idiot, and some think he's brilliant (I'm of the latter group, personally), but he's always entertaining. Here's a link to some of his best stuff. It's really long, but if you're like me, you'll read it all once through because you can't look away. Great, great stuff.http://clintcam.com/barkley/Enjoy,Mo

He's a local guy...but the penguins annoucer Mike Lange is da man. He's in the hockey HOF and I grew up listening to him. He's 2nd on my lists of things im really pissed about missing with this NHL season gone. (#1 of course being Lemieux)