Fcp Summer 2016 Weight Loss Challenge

five years ago, I dropped 60-70 pounds just using diet. the hardest part is turning the mental corner, realizing that you don't really need the amount of food that you're accustomed to eating, turning down the random crap that people offer you during a normal day, etc.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

opening weight: 194.8 week 1: 192.0 week 2: 188.2 week 3: 186.0 week 4: 184.2 week 5: 180.4 week 6: 176.8 week 7: 177.8 week 8: 174.6 week 9: n/a week 10: 173.4

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0 Week 8: 260.5 Week 9: 257.6

Opening weigh in: 278.6 Week 1: 277.1 Week 2: 272.3 Week 3: 268.7 Week 4: 263.9 Week 5/6: 265.1 Week 7: 262.0

Congrats on feeling better - mouth/toothaches are miserable, will be great if you can get back to normal.

The good news is I step on the scale today. 189.6 lbs. I have never been that low in the last 10-15 years

Just have to keep on eating low and I should exercise more Riding a golf cart does not help in exercising

start: 203.2

week 1: 203.6

week 2: 205.4

week 3: forgot, about same?

week 4: 206.0

luckily basketball starts next week, so in 10days, for the first time in 3months, I will be running. Along with going back to a usual schedule, things hopefully get better for me then.

This contest starts next week for me. :)

start: 240

week 1: 236.8

week 2: 235.6

week 3: 235.6

Week 4: 235.0

forgot to weigh in Monday. At this pace I'll hit my goal weight by week 35

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to post Monday

Week 5: 236.2

My eating has gone off the rails in the evenings. Still doing well in the days for the most part, but too much snacking in the evening

I'm down 5-6 pounds (depending on the day) in about four weeks. at the two week mark, I figured out how to get my spreadsheet to back into my maintenance number, and it turns out that my metabolism consumes about 2550-2600 calories/day. I'm averaging about 1900 consumed per day since I started, so it really hasn't been challenging, because I'm not killing myself here.

week 5: n/a

week 6: 208.4

felt like crap this morning. Could tell I had gained weight, I could feel the lack of energy. Too much crappy food the last 7days, its amazing the difference I feel in energy.

diet+exercise starts today.

• 2 weeks later...

Weight loss has been slow..However me and a buddy are experimenting one full month with no meat...Its been pretty difficult..I have been a pescetarian..So I do eat fish

Its not really for shedding weight, but to see what its like

Pretty tough but I am managing

• 2 weeks later...

So my weight hasn't changed. However for the month of September me and a buddy tried being a pescetarian. So no meat at all , however we ate fish.

It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't miss eating a steak but found that it's hard to have things like sandwiches , tacos and such without any chicken or beef in it.

So for October I am now giving up all sodas( pop in Canadian), beer, chocolate and chips.

This will be a challenge as I'm a bit addicted to Coke Zero. However I know it's bad for me as it makes me eat bad. So 10 hours in I'm still doing ok but at Mateo's soccer game I miss having s soda.

I think this change with a little bit of smarter eating choices will enable a significant weight loss

• Like 1

Taking Coke Zero off the diet, guarantee you lose weight if all else stays equal.

I think you are correct. Beer isn't that hard for me. But that Coke Zero is a killer.

Let's see how it goes

Taking Coke Zero off the diet, guarantee you lose weight if all else stays equal.

Why do you say this? (As someone who mainlines Diet Coke.)

All else equal, i.e. calories in, calories out stay the same...?

I stop drinking coke for 3 years now. I was addicted to coke in the past. Dr Phil says if you stop drinking pop/Soda you will lose 25 lbs.

I lost zero pounds. Dr Phil is a crock

Why do you say this? (As someone who mainlines Diet Coke.)

All else equal, i.e. calories in, calories out stay the same...?

I know, but there is something there. I have just personal experience, and 2 other friends who literally changed no other part of their diet except the Diet/Coke Z, and they noticed a real difference.

Try just one week without it, I think you will see a difference.

I used to think it was because Coke Zero caused my appetite to increase and eat more than just when I drank water, but last summer I tried to eat practically the exact same thing 1week vs another, took out Coke Zero, and noticed a huge difference. (huuge to me being like 3lbs)

Interesting. What am I supposed to do for caffeine? Sleep a full 8 hrs or something?

espresso.

I have a double every morning, and single long every afternoon. NO sugar/sweetener of any kind.

I do miss Coke Zero though when im off it and right now, im back on it. Notice a diff. But honestly, I dont get much of a caffeine thing from Zero

Espresso (or just coffee in reasonable amounts) is much better than coke. All types of coke/sugar have a strong effect on appetite and how your body processes calories, so it's more than what's in and out. And I do drink coke (well, Pepsi) instead of coffee because I like it...but I dropped 10 pounds just cutting back a decent amount

Week 5: 236.2

week 6: ???

week 7: ???

week 8: ???

week 9: 234.6

Weighed in this morning with 1 week to go. My eating really hasn't been very good at all in the last month. A bit artificially low I think because I was sick all weekend and didn't eat much. I expect I'll weigh in closer to 240 for the final weigh in after thanksgiving weekend.

week 5: n/a

week 6: 208.4

week 7: ?

week 8: ?

week 9: 206.0

I'll be lucky to just get back to where I started by the end of this next week. Thats my new sad target now. lol

• 3 months later...

Just weighed myself. 170.2

this loss can only be contributed to my now 28 days without soda.

I think it is a myth. I have not drank soda in at least 3 years. Never lost one pound.

However due to my change in diet (no more junk food) I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks

I think it is a myth. I have not drank soda in at least 3 years. Never lost one pound.

However due to my change in diet (no more junk food) I have lost 8 pounds in 2 weeks

lol. It depends what you replace soda with.

I'm really coming around to the realization that I need to ditch my Diet Coke addiction. But I don't know what to replace it with. I think I'm addicted to the caffeine, and probably the aspartame or whatever. I think it's having a terrible effect on my health, but I need a plan of action to fill that void. I can't just drink water. It's too boring. But what do I drink? Do I switch to coffee for that caffeine? Do I drop caffeine all together? I've had a cold lately so I've been drinking Gatorade, but there's no way that's a good thing either. Lol.