listening to music while playing. +ev or -ev?

I really feel music lets me focus more while I'm roboting through limit games or during the more boring NL games. I will turn it down if a hand looks like it's going to be big but overall I think I play better having it in the background. Do you guys have a preference?

Agree in full.A lot of the "serious" poker books might sayotherwise, but it helps calm me down.If I'm not listening to music, then I'm looking for something else to do.As a distraction, it's probably the LEAST -EVon you could find.

it depends on the game. if i am playing hold em or 2-7 (single or triple), i like to be in tune with everything that is going on in the game and i also like to chat with the other players to try and pick things up, so i dont listed to the headphones. But, when i am sitting at my stud hilo game i think that music is a must. it keeps me really energized. on a side note, i recommend to anyone that uses headphones to listen to erik b. and rakim's album "paid in full" while playing. for some reason, that album just has all of the perfect elements for music to play poker while listening to.

i never play without music.. most of the time i use shoutcast and play a station called digitially imported.. it's real good ambient music... nearing the end of a MTT, especially final table, i gotta play some clutch, pantera, SOAD, etc to hype me up..

I find listening to music is a must for later stages of MTTs. Helps me focus when I need to shift gears/steal blinds, etc.
definetly agree thereI made 4000 bucks the past month because of The Mars Volta being on for the MTT's I was playing. i feel like i owe them some of it...It keeps me content so bad beats dont throw the tilt switch as easily, they keep me calm so that i can look outside myself and decide the best play, and they keep me focused and awake all at the same time.For sure, positive for me.

Definately +EV for me. But of course people are different.I like to listen to good mood music such as Rush, Shadow Gallery or good mood power metal when I have a bad run or am just playing badly for one reason or another. Helps my nerves just to sing and be positive.When I'm playing good and picking up pots, little more aggressive music comes in play like "Gothenburg metal" or aggressive Finnish stuff.And in MTT's later stages I sometimes play Uriah Heep's Stealin' on repeat. "I was stealing when I should've been buying..." 8-)

+EV...Late Stage MTT's I need to throw on music depending where I am, on the button It's always something fast, Rap, Techno Anything to make me in the Aggresor mindset, right after the bubble boy takes his spot in the corner I turn it to something mellow, Ussually It'll be a Clapton song to beginwith.My friend told me Beethoven is good for him in late-stage MTT's and when he's tilting... So im gonna need to download some Beethoven, anyone got any?

+EV...Late Stage MTT's I need to throw on music depending where I am, on the button It's always something fast, Rap, Techno Anything to make me in the Aggresor mindset, right after the bubble boy takes his spot in the corner I turn it to something mellow, Ussually It'll be a Clapton song to beginwith.My friend told me Beethoven is good for him in late-stage MTT's and when he's tilting... So im gonna need to download some Beethoven, anyone got any?
techno ? =ewwwwwwww

I know man, that's what I said...But my friend threatened me for a long time and eventually I tried it while in a huge downswing, tilting, being an idiot etc... The reason it works so well is there are very minimal if any lyrics and you just get in a trance and go... Multi-Tabling for hours on end requires some techno now that I've listened to it a few times It's +EV for me. The people around me aren't stuck listening to me sing either... which I am sure they are happy about.

Bright Eyes= +EV
Oh man... I LOVE Brighteyes, I have just turned it on for this special day when SOMEONE ElSE KNOWS WHO HE IS, amazing songwriter and he brings in a couple new people on each CD. I own these 4 albums, Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, Fevers and Mirrors (newest to my collection), I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep your ear to the ground.Amaaaazing stuff. Nice selection bigkg, I gotta feeling we've got a few other bands in unison.
Bright Eyes= +EV
Oh man... I LOVE Brighteyes, I have just turned it on for this special day when SOMEONE ElSE KNOWS WHO HE IS, amazing songwriter and he brings in a couple new people on each CD. I own these 4 albums, Digital Ash in a Digital Urn, Fevers and Mirrors (newest to my collection), I'm Wide Awake, It's Morning and Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep your ear to the ground.Amaaaazing stuff. Nice selection bigkg, I gotta feeling we've got a few other bands in unison.
Get Letting Off the Hapiness.He made it when he was 16 and it is AMAZING.Digital Ash In a Digital Urn is probably his weakest album, but still good.Fevers and Mirrors is probably one of the best albums i have EVER heard. Glad to see another Bright Eyes fan out there JW.

i am a big pro-music guy, and always listened to it while i played. when i played at work i'd only play .5/1 since it was harder to concentrate without music.i moved recently for the summer and don't have speakers or a stereo hooked up yet, so i've been playing without music.largely because of this i have only had one good MTT finish, since i always just get bored and screw around (generally play only freerolls, so i can do this), i have trouble multi-tabling for more than an hour because i lose concentration, and any kind of bad beat really pisses me off, since i can do nothing except absorb it and have nothing to relax me.i keep a TV on for some distraction, but unless there's a really funny show on, it doesn't do the trick.unless you're playing some crazily high limit or complicated game, i think its definitely a good idea to throw some music on. i recommend rush, but the guess who, zeppelin, the who, deep purple, clapton, allman brothers, etc are all good depending on what style you're looking to play.

Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, HalighJust what im listening to now...The phone slips from a loose gripWords were missed then, some apologyI didn’t want to tell you thisNo, it’s just some guy she's been hanging out withI don’t know, the past couple weeks I guessWell, thank you and hang up the phoneLet the funeral startHear the casket closeLet’s pin split-black ribbon to your overcoatWell, laughter pours from under doorsIn this house, I don’t understand that sound no moreIt seems artificial, like a T.V. setWell, haligh, haligh, a lie, halighThis weight it must be satisfiedYou offer only one replyYou know not what you doBut you tear and tear your hair from rootsFrom that same head you have twice removed nowA lock of hair you said would proveOur love would never dieQuestion, am I right in saying he IS the band? I always correct people when they say "Oh I love them" But I guess Im not 100% on it. I know he's got a BUNCH of lyrics he hasn't even put on record yet, I'd be happy if he had 20 albums out within another 10 years to be honest.Well ha ha ha

Bright Eyes - Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, HalighJust what im listening to now...The phone slips from a loose gripWords were missed then, some apologyI didn’t want to tell you thisNo, it’s just some guy she's been hanging out withI don’t know, the past couple weeks I guessWell, thank you and hang up the phoneLet the funeral startHear the casket closeLet’s pin split-black ribbon to your overcoatWell, laughter pours from under doorsIn this house, I don’t understand that sound no moreIt seems artificial, like a T.V. setWell, haligh, haligh, a lie, halighThis weight it must be satisfiedYou offer only one replyYou know not what you doBut you tear and tear your hair from rootsFrom that same head you have twice removed nowA lock of hair you said would proveOur love would never dieQuestion, am I right in saying he IS the band? I always correct people when they say "Oh I love them" But I guess Im not 100% on it. I know he's got a BUNCH of lyrics he hasn't even put on record yet, I'd be happy if he had 20 albums out within another 10 years to be honest.Well ha ha ha
Technically, no he is not the WHOLE band. But, the other members of his band have come in and out with each album. It is not they matter, all of th music revolves around his guitar and lyrics.Here is a challenge...What do you think are Conor's three best songs?I was asked this and it was so hard, how do i narrow it down to three?

Umm.... Wow that's like trying to Answer if Hell is Endothermic or Exothermic, But I answered that for a Philosophy class so Im working on it!Now... is this based on... Oh god... Allright I'm going to rule out all of Digital Ash CD right now just because I also don't like it... All of his Lyrics are So deep it's ussually easy to knock songs out through horrible lyrical content but.. not with him.While I work on this, A friend of mine players Tennis for a College around here and was recruited from Omaha Nebraska, Connor's Hometown.He saw Connor in a Highschool band and the first time he saw him all Connor did was scream for the concert and he didn't like him! He then heard some of his Bright Eyes stuff from his First CD and was a fan but... I talked to this guy for an hour about Connor, We busted out some Tabs for his songs and had a good drunken time... Okay on with my Project.

Umm.... Wow that's like trying to Answer if Hell is Endothermic or Exothermic, But I answered that for a Philosophy class so Im working on it!Now... is this based on... Oh god... Allright I'm going to rule out all of Digital Ash CD right now just because I also don't like it... All of his Lyrics are So deep it's ussually easy to knock songs out through horrible lyrical content but.. not with him.While I work on this, A friend of mine players Tennis for a College around here and was recruited from Omaha Nebraska, Connor's Hometown.He saw Connor in a Highschool band and the first time he saw him all Connor did was scream for the concert and he didn't like him! He then heard some of his Bright Eyes stuff from his First CD and was a fan but... I talked to this guy for an hour about Connor, We busted out some Tabs for his songs and had a good drunken time... Okay on with my Project.
I actually tried to do it, it became a mixture of which ones i like the best and I believe are the best musically.Here's what I got...1.) Padraic My Prince- Letting Off the Happiness2.) Something Vague- Fevers and Mirrors3.) Arienette- Fevers and Mirrors

"Padraic My Prince"Letting Off the Happinessi had a brother oncehe drowned in a bathtub before he had ever learned how to talkand i don't know what his name was but my mother doesi heard her say it once, padriac my prince i have all but died from thesheer weight of my shame. you cried but no one came and the water filled yourtiny lungs. appear, my dear, and cry for me. it was six years ago today thatwe laid you in your grave, your sweet young skin was shining then too.and so tonight to celebrate i will poison myself.another coughing, shaking fit in a bathroom that is spinning.so i close the door and rest my head on the tile floor,sickness and sleep turning me cold.i am still not sure, is there some better place i could be heading towards?where the selfishly sick and self absorbed are welcome.i saw the future once.i was drunk in a phone booth.my eyes were wet and red but i could not tell what was saidand through the screams of the traffic voices carried sayingi am sorryon a day so gray its black insidewatching churches on tvin a coma you don't dream you just hope that someone sits with youbabies turn blue when they are ignored like the sky on summer daysbefore you turn and walk away it has changed youso tonight to compensate i will poison myselfanother coughing, shaking fit in a bathroom that is spinning.So good.

My list... Probobly not perfect but.. Just for now :D1. At the Bottom of Everything - It was his first song I heard... It just hit me really strong, I got chills at the "Where are we going?” and he looks at her and he says “We’re going to a party. It’s a birthday party. It’s your birthday party. Happy birthday darling. We love you very, very, very, very, very, very, very much.” And then he starts humming.." 2. Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh - I love the Lyrics... What can I say.3. Lover I don't Hate to Love - Great SongHonorable Mention to "An Attempt to Tip the Scales" - The Radio Interview is just Awesome, I absolutely love it... I listen to it everytime and throw things when people attempt to skip over it in my car or at my house.

My list... Probobly not perfect but.. Just for now :D1. At the Bottom of Everything - It was his first song I heard... It just hit me really strong, I got chills at the "Where are we going?” and he looks at her and he says “We’re going to a party. It’s a birthday party. It’s your birthday party. Happy birthday darling. We love you very, very, very, very, very, very, very much.” And then he starts humming.." 2. Haligh, Haligh, A Lie, Haligh - I love the Lyrics... What can I say.3. Lover I don't Hate to Love - Great SongHonorable Mention to "An Attempt to Tip the Scales" - The Radio Interview is just Awesome, I absolutely love it... I listen to it everytime and throw things when people attempt to skip over it in my car or at my house.
Wow I love "At the Bottom of Everything", very unorthodox nuntheless. "Lover...." is amazing too. You should really check out his CD Letting off the Happiness, you WILL love it.Oh yeah...That radio interview is HILARIOUS. But to be completely honest, i wish the song before it was longer, it is a good song.