why aren't huck and hellmuth friends anymore

There may be more to it, but Phil goes with tourneys (because that's all he's good at) and Huck sticks to the cash games for the most part. Hard to be friends when you're in different parts of the country or the world, for that matter.

I thought it was because Huck got more into the Vegas party scene and Hellmuth went back to the family thing in Palo Alto.

There may be more to it, but Phil goes with tourneys (because that's all he's good at)
Yeah probably best in the world
I thought it was because Huck got more into the Vegas party scene and Hellmuth went back to the family thing in Palo Alto.
There may be more to it, but Phil goes with tourneys (because that's all he's good at)
Hmmm, someone get Doc Brown and we'll hop in the time machine to 1989 to where the above is true again.
Hmmm, someone get Doc Brown and we'll hop in the time machine to 1989 to where the above is true again.
I'll bet you $50 that he gets 2 bracelets this year.

eh..i could see phil winnin one bracelet this year just b/c there are so many holdem tourneys...2 might be stretchin it a big although he did make a few final tables last year...wasnt it like 4 or 5

Yeah, I'd take that. 2 is gonna be a stretch for him. Hell, 1 is gonna be damn hard for Phil. Like DN has said, Phil just hasn't adjusted as well to the internet noobs. I still believe he's a top 50 tourney player, but not very close anymore to best in the world (if you consider top 50 not very close).

i agree that 2 will be tough for phil to get, but with all of the hold em events it is possible. i would like to see huck do well at the wsop this year. i got to talk to him for a little while in vegas once. he was a really funny guy, so i will root for him to get a few bracelets this year

I've met Huck in person and have watched him play a few tables away from me at Foxwoods numerous times and I do not get the impression that he is a jerk.All the Foxwoods dealers speak very nicely of him. They say he is one of the best tippers in those high limit games and is always a gentleman.This all seems to be he said she said crap. And yes, Huck and Phil do seem to be close friends but Phil said they don't see each other as much as they used to.And JWeb, you will never get over your Hellmuth hatred will you? I mean, the guy is arguably the best No-Limit Hold'em tournament player in the world.

That nonsense because we all know the incredible variance involved in tournament play. Just because he hasn't won a WPT event since you've been watching it on TV doesn't mean the 'doesn't have it anymore'.I'll say it again. The guy has proven himself to be one the greatest, if not THE greatest, NL Hold'em tournament players in the world.I mean look at this.

Really Hellmuth just lost on ridiculously bad beats. I really don't think anyone is as solid as Hellmuth in NLHE. His tournement play is second to none. The guy only loses when he gets outran, not because he was outplayed.

King Austin,I'll lay you 1.4 to 1 odds that Hellmuth does not win 2 bracelets this year - that is, I'll give you $70 for your $50 bet. Are you on? Payment through neteller, paypal or pokersite.

eh..i could see phil winnin one bracelet this year just b/c there are so many holdem tourneys...2 might be stretchin it a big although he did make a few final tables last year...wasnt it like 4 or 5
There may be a lot of hold'em tournaments, but only because there are so many players. It is going to be much harder to win any bracelet this year. Phil winning two this year is probably like Phil winning 4 back in 2003!
Not being a jerk but I'll take that bet.
Really Hellmuth just lost on ridiculously bad beats. I really don't think anyone is as solid as Hellmuth in NLHE. His tournement play is second to none. The guy only loses when he gets outran, not because he was outplayed.
Phil?j/k......Phil is a great player. But playing in tournaments against thousands ...... too hard to bet someone will win 2 of those in a month.