• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

Ill trade you .50 this year for .50 next year?Deal?
yeah that's fine. If you post it in the transaction thread I'll confirm.

Danny, or anyone else willing to help. My AL-Only draft is Sunday. standard 5*5 league, how would you rank this 8?Profar J. TEXBundy D. BALD'Arnaud TORHultzen D. SEAWalker T. SEAStarling B. KCParker OAKPeacock OAKI have 2nd, 4th and 6th pick.thoughts anyone?

Sorry arp, not much help as i dont know pitchers. there are some serios upside vs sure thing arguments in there too. starling could be an MVP some day, but i still think you put profar and d'arnaud ahead of him unless positional scarcity doesn't matter much.Peacock is a notch below the rest of the players. i'd be tempted to rank parker second last, though again i'm no pitcher expert.i assume you're only listing available guys - rendon, cole, etc are not? i might add josh bell to your list...he's probably 7th i guess after everyone but parker/peacock, but might provide better offensive umbers than anyone on that list, albeit from a non-valuable position.

ya, just AL only.I had a rough idea that I would get Bundy at #2, Hultzen at #4, and Bubba at #6. My worry is I dont want all pitchers, cause prospect pitchers can be so dicey. Im just not sure Bubba will help me in this pool til at least 2014/2015, and he also seems so far away and anything can happen. Is he that much of an upside?poitional scarcity does matter...I even considered taking D'Arnaud 2nd, knowing Profar goes #1, and I still get Bundy/Hultzen at #4 Im guessing. With D'Arnaud, I get a hitter thats reasonably close, good upside, and great position. (Being a Blue Jay, only helps my chances at trading him in the future for those who value that kind of thing)

I never really know in 5x5 leagues, but both D'Arnaud and Profar are likely to be plus offensive players at weak positions. Neither will likely be the best in the league at his position (offensively), though D'Arnaud probably has the potential to put up more plus numbers. If your league counts CF differently than OF, Bubba picks up some value, but he is miles away from his potential, whereas the other two are much safer bets.I never know for pitching, and Bundy is definitely a fantastic prospect, but I'd be hesitant to take any Orioles pitcher. Their track record is awful and even if he develops, he'll be in the AL East. Seattle and Oakland pitchers aren't in a much better position...but it's a little better at least.Since it is AL-only...I'll retract my Josh Bell suggestion lol. I do think Lindor needs to be on your list though - maybe even ahead of the Oakland pitchers. Reviews from spring training on him have been insane.

if anyone cares, this is how it went...ProfarBundy (ME)HultzenD'Arnaud (ME)SeguraWalker T. (ME)ParkerStarling....I had a tough choice at 6 between Bubba and Walker, but Bubba just seemed too far away+still some questions, and I liked Walkers potential.Im not discounting the fact that I might have room on my farm later this year if D'Arnaud gets a callup and then could use that space to trade for Profar/Starling. (you have to call up your farm player if he gets 75AB or 50IP)

I still think we need to penalize Andre somehow to make things more fair for the rest of us.
Hahahahahaha...I see hockey pools aren't the only thing he's crazy good at.
if anyone cares, this is how it went...ProfarBundy (ME)HultzenD'Arnaud (ME)SeguraWalker T. (ME)ParkerStarling....I had a tough choice at 6 between Bubba and Walker, but Bubba just seemed too far away+still some questions, and I liked Walkers potential.Im not discounting the fact that I might have room on my farm later this year if D'Arnaud gets a callup and then could use that space to trade for Profar/Starling. (you have to call up your farm player if he gets 75AB or 50IP)
Interesting, thanks for the update. I have Segura on my fantasy team, but I would have put him below everyone except Peacock on your list. Fwiw, I think every prospect list I've seen has Walker higher than Hultzen, so really awesome to grab him at 6. Unless your league has CF separate from OF, I think you picked perfectly at each stop. Nice not to have to worry about Profar, since he's tough to value.
bump for serge's illegal roster!
No need to do this anymore. I PM'ed serge to advise him of the deadline for $0.25 players, and then to advise that he'd missed it. He now has until April 7 (the first game) to make his roster legal, either by picking up $1 players (and trading for cap) or making the necessary trades. Technically, the $0.25 player window was a kindness being extended to him and a few others - if he didn't take advantage of that, he didn't break any rules.Assuming he doesn't miss that deadline, he's in no different position than the rest of us, and there's no need for it to be mentioned it. If his roster is not legal by the first game, we'll deal with it then, but he's said he will be a participant in this league, and I'll continue to give him credit for his word.
Interesting, thanks for the update. I have Segura on my fantasy team, but I would have put him below everyone except Peacock on your list. Fwiw, I think every prospect list I've seen has Walker higher than Hultzen, so really awesome to grab him at 6. Unless your league has CF separate from OF, I think you picked perfectly at each stop. Nice not to have to worry about Profar, since he's tough to value.No need to do this anymore. I PM'ed serge to advise him of the deadline for $0.25 players, and then to advise that he'd missed it. He now has until April 7 (the first game) to make his roster legal, either by picking up $1 players (and trading for cap) or making the necessary trades. Technically, the $0.25 player window was a kindness being extended to him and a few others - if he didn't take advantage of that, he didn't break any rules.Assuming he doesn't miss that deadline, he's in no different position than the rest of us, and there's no need for it to be mentioned it. If his roster is not legal by the first game, we'll deal with it then, but he's said he will be a participant in this league, and I'll continue to give him credit for his word.
yeah I know. I was more bumping it before April 7 because I wanted to give him time to get his team playable because I don't know what the penalties are if he doesn't.

Heh, nothing will happen as there is no rule that I can find that discusses penalties for being under the min. There is only rules set up for being over the cap do technically serge is fine. His penalty is having no depth and one pitching team I guess. Unless I keep missing that rule in the rules.

I was looking for it too and couldn't find anything. I know we discussed penalties at some point but never added anything. The only thing I could find regarding that is "If a Manager is not fielding a competitive lineup on a regular basis, the commissioner has a discretion to put to a vote whether the team should be taken over."but I'm not sure why we set a minimum player limit if there is no penalty for going below it. (besides having less players to start)

Heh, nothing will happen as there is no rule that I can find that discusses penalties for being under the min. There is only rules set up for being over the cap do technically serge is fine. His penalty is having no depth and one pitching team I guess. Unless I keep missing that rule in the rules.
I'm not thinking about it yet, but there will be penalties for not having a legal roster. The current rules for being over are stupid anyway, so those need to be re-done, IMO.In the past, anyone without a legal roster was always accidental, and rectified as soon as noted.If we haven't heard on serge on April 6, I'll get worried. Until then, I'm not. But no one will be allowed to have a non-conforming roster on an ongoing basis. The "non-competitive manager" rule Matt quoted would absolutely apply to this scenario. Like I said, I'm not worried though. If anyone does not have a conforming roster, then I'm sure they are also not updating their lineup regularly, so they'd certainly be out, unless exceptional circumstances apply, of course.
This is what happens when people try to be ambitious and start their own business instead of working for a corporation.
Inexcusable. Serge should be happy with getting paid 20% below market and being underappreciated just like the rest of us.

Enough of these roster questions/issues.Lets get the non Japan season startedAnyone here about what Desmond Jennings did yesturday? Haven't checked my self. Hopefully he had a good day

Enough of these roster questions/issues.Lets get the non Japan season startedAnyone here about what Desmond Jennings did yesturday? Haven't checked my self. Hopefully he had a good day
Jennings is really such an interesting player. Even before last year, opinions on him seemed to vary that he'd be an averageish player - some speed and average, but not a lot of either - to a player still developing, and someone who could hit .300, steal 50 and hit 20 homers - basically, a borderline MVP type.After last year, it doesn't seem a whole lot more clear, and opinions are still crazy wide-ranging. The Carl Crawford comparison is impossible not to make, though it seems like he has a lot less speed than Crawford did at his age, and probably some additional power. I'd love to have him on my fantasy team, though I'd constantly be tempted to trade him when his value was high, while also finding it impossible to trade him since his future could be through the roof.

I will be in Toronto for about 48 hours this weekend, with some whirlwind family time to introduce MDG jr. Was just able to organize everything so it looks like my Monday evening will be clear, and I am actively looking for Jays tickets. Probably will need 3, maybe 4. Anyone have ideas/leads? I figure it'll have to be a stubhub situation, but figured I'd throw it out there.

I will be in Toronto for about 48 hours this weekend, with some whirlwind family time to introduce MDG jr. Was just able to organize everything so it looks like my Monday evening will be clear, and I am actively looking for Jays tickets. Probably will need 3, maybe 4. Anyone have ideas/leads? I figure it'll have to be a stubhub situation, but figured I'd throw it out there.
Scalpers or Craiglist imo.
I'm not thinking about it yet, but there will be penalties for not having a legal roster. The current rules for being over are stupid anyway, so those need to be re-done, IMO.In the past, anyone without a legal roster was always accidental, and rectified as soon as noted.If we haven't heard on serge on April 6, I'll get worried. Until then, I'm not. But no one will be allowed to have a non-conforming roster on an ongoing basis. The "non-competitive manager" rule Matt quoted would absolutely apply to this scenario. Like I said, I'm not worried though. If anyone does not have a conforming roster, then I'm sure they are also not updating their lineup regularly, so they'd certainly be out, unless exceptional circumstances apply, of course.
I have arrived...Im working on it.And the Zach comment is gay..much like him.

So now things are more confusing than ever..Im not sure how Im supposed to what I will do, working on it

I appreciate if someone can just help me with a trade..I dont who the player is..I m not going to use them anyways , ever.Ill pay you extra .50 to facilitate this roster legalizing trade.Appreciate itNeed a pitcher and a player...I m thinking I need $2?