he once hit a grand slam that screwed me details are fuzzy but I know I cursed "fcken Zaun of all people".

These analyst talk all day and second guess coaching decisions, yet when Buck Martinez left the booth to coach he was horrendous. I hate critics.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure why you are asking me   I guess he is better than Julio and Enrique

alrighty, I made a schedule for 90 games. You play each team in your division 12 times and out of division teams 5 times.   The regular season would start April 2 and end Saturday, August 9 (4 game

download it to your phone and watch it while commuting

• 2 weeks later...

I have Robinson Cano tonight.

Back back back back back back back. Gone

I was at a wedding 25 years ago and Chris Berman was also there. In Boston. True story.

• 2 months later...

early news and everything but the Tiers for 2014 are now posted. Going to work on putting farm players into rosters now so head on over there if you feel like it.

Thanks so much Matt! If I can get my butt in gear, I'll try to work on some housekeeping stuff so people can look at it when they're checking tiers, etc, but my parents are in town this week, so I'm probably going to be useless!

We need to decide a few things regarding the new tier rules.

"- Any player who finishes a season in a tier will be a forced call-up for next season. For players drafted in 2012 or earlier, I will put it to a vote as to whether we want to apply this effective for the 2013 season, or if we give everyone a year to make their own decisions and comply."

Are we applying the new tier force call up to the 2012 and before draft guys for this upcoming season? There are maybe 2 guys that would meet this.

I know we are keeping the age force call up for 2012 guys and before, but for how long? Forever on those guys?

We need to decide a few things regarding the new tier rules.

"- Any player who finishes a season in a tier will be a forced call-up for next season. For players drafted in 2012 or earlier, I will put it to a vote as to whether we want to apply this effective for the 2013 season, or if we give everyone a year to make their own decisions and comply."

Are we applying the new tier force call up to the 2012 and before draft guys for this upcoming season? There are maybe 2 guys that would meet this.

I know we are keeping the age force call up for 2012 guys and before, but for how long? Forever on those guys?

I'm interested to get some general thoughts on this from anyone interested. As far as the age rule, I don't think we need to keep it for more than a couple years. I assume Matt's spreadsheet pretty much take care of this so upkeep isn't a hassle (if it is, that changes things), but the tier rule can pretty much replace this IMO.

Who are the two guys affected by the tier rule? I think most people plan on calling up their tier guys (I know I'll be calling up Rosario) anyway, but it's good to have a rule concrete to make decisions on. Also, it'll be important in the future. My thinking is that we should not apply the tier rule for the 2014 season, to give people a full year to adjust/decide, but beginning with the 2015 season, the rule will retroactively effect everyone.

To be honest, I wouldn't have a big problem with applying the rule immediately. It doesn't create unfairness for everyone in the draft, since we all drafted hoping to get guys who would finish in tiers. It only creates unfairness if people were rebuilding with the hope of keeping tiered guys on the farm, which most people don't seem to be doing much of (thankfully).

And farm players are now on rosters. Douches, Go Bears, Hurricanes, and Cowgills are over the limit this second.

Lol, just looked at next years roster. I figure with my forced callups, I'm going to have 25 guys signed going into auction with about $37 to spend on Miguel Cabrera one player

Lol, just looked at next years roster. I figure with my forced callups, I'm going to have 25 guys signed going into auction with about $37 to spend on Miguel Cabrera one player

Yeah, I haven't mocked mine up yet, but I could be in a similar situation with a very full roster. Love having those cheap guys like Aoki and Gomez signed long-term and cheap. Will be interesting when all the cheap deals for the first year become available again. I think it'll be less of a huge re-do like we had in the FCHL because there are fewer guys (relative to the total number) on 5-year deals and a greater number of useful undrafted guys available on a year-to-year basis. Still, it'll be a good year to have cap space (unless everyone else does too!)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about leaving this pool. Do we have anyone interested in joining?

I'm sorry to hear that, though I do appreciate the early heads-up. We don't have a waiting list, but if you decide not to participate, I think we have friends of friends who would be interested.

Is there anything that could change that would keep you involved? Feel free to contact me privately.

I know Red Ravens over at the AHL expressed extreme interest in joining when I talked to him about the FCBL.

Thanks John - want to check in with him and see if he is still interested? Whether or not Dale goes (I hope not), it'd be good to have a backup lined up. Also, he is welcome to sign up for the forum and/or participate if he is interested. At some point someone will go, so the more he has experienced, the better he'll be able to pick it up!

Thanks John - want to check in with him and see if he is still interested? Whether or not Dale goes (I hope not), it'd be good to have a backup lined up. Also, he is welcome to sign up for the forum and/or participate if he is interested. At some point someone will go, so the more he has experienced, the better he'll be able to pick it up!

Just my 2 cents. I have known Brian(red ravens) a long time. He knows baseball really well. He would be a great addition for you guys.

He is probably the only Kansas City Royals fan I know

I'm going with St Louis.

The whole Boston strong thing is nice and all but doesn't change the fact I hate that city and it's sports teams.

St. Louis is cool. They are a slight dog.

Go cardinals.