Adam's Extreme Fcp Yahoo League 2011-12

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, hopefully I won't rack up too many "dumb question" penalties, but where (on the Yahoo site) do you selct a "starting 6"? All I see on the roster page is where you can manipulate your roster. There is only so much work-time I can spend exploring lol...

OK, hopefully I won't rack up too many "dumb question" penalties, but where (on the Yahoo site) do you selct a "starting 6"? All I see on the roster page is where you can manipulate your roster. There is only so much work-time I can spend exploring lol...
In this league, your nightly lineup will count stats for anyone on your roster who isn't sitting on the bench (the BN spots at the bottom of both the skaters and goalies areas). Does that help? It's not like the AHL/FCHL where you only ice a small portion of your overall lineup...basically your entire team will be playing on the busy nights.
In this league, your nightly lineup will count stats for anyone on your roster who isn't sitting on the bench (the BN spots at the bottom of both the skaters and goalies areas). Does that help? It's not like the AHL/FCHL where you only ice a small portion of your overall lineup...basically your entire team will be playing on the busy nights.
Thought that would be the case, but Fenxis' comment about how many do we start confused my simple so-called brain. Speaking of brain, Walking Dead returns on the 16th. Yay!Thanks as always, Adam!Me vs Dubey to start the season...

Overall I'm happy with my team. My goal going into the draft was to try and get 1 stud goalie, try to get players who can contribute to multiple categories and to not overvalue defencemen too much. 1. (5) Henrik Sedin (Van - C) - I wanted Malkin asi think he will have a huge year buy H.  Sedin is a safe pick and I'm happy to have him. 2. (28) Jonas Hiller (Anh - G) - the dominos fell early and had to grab Hiller here. Best goalie left who had very good numbers last year. Just need him to stay healthy. 3. (37) Niklas Backstrom (Min - G) - I wanted 2 starters and he should have solid numbers. Hopefully he plays a lot of games and I should be ok in goal. 4. (60) Marian Gaborik (NYR - RW) - I needed goals after getting the league leader in assists. A healthy Gaborik with Richards shout hit 40 and maybe even 50. 5. (69) Vincent Lecavalier (TB - C) - Had a strong 2nd half and is capable of ppg production and will produce in all categories. 6. (92) Brenden Morrow (Dal - LW) - 30 goal scorer who has more value due to hits and penalty minutes. 7. (101) Scott Hartnell (Phi - LW) - similar to Morrow just less goals but more penalty minutes. 8. (124) Chris Pronger (Phi - D) - Needed a defencemen and Pronger when healthy can be one of the best especially with penalties and hits. 9. (133) Alexander Edler (Van - D) - Needed another defencemen and with Erhoff gone could have a monster year. 10. (156) Daniel Alfredsson (Ott - RW) - Another player coming off injury is still capable of 60 to 70 points. 11. (165) Brian Campbell (Fla - D) - +/- will take a hit but as the main weapon in Florida he should be good for points at least. 12. (188) Kyle Okposo (NYI - RW) - Good young power forward who will help with multiple categories. 13. (197) Sergei Gonchar (Ott - D) - simply hoping for a rebound year of some kind. 14. (220) Dave Bolland (Chi - C) - wanted some more centers and Bolland could be poised for his best year. 15. (229) Tim Connolly (Tor - C) - Might as well take a chance on a #1 centre who can come close to a ppg when healthy. 16. (252) Adam Larsson (NJ - D) - Should be very productive on the powerplay if not much else. 17. (261) T.J. Galiardi (Col - LW) - Took him too soon as I wasn't paying attention but might be fine as he did have a solid year 2 years ago before injuries last year. 18. (284) Shawn Horcoff (Edm - C) - Can still be productive and should rebound plus faceoffs is a plus. 19. (293) Pierre-Marc Bouchard (Min - LW,RW) - Solid finish last year. Mostly just a player who will help with points and sometimes faceoffs. 20. (316) Kurtis Foster (Anh - D) - Needed a 6th defencemen and hoping he can produce like he did 2 years ago. 21. (325) Dan Carcillo (Chi - LW) - Hiorfully can get regular playing time who can sometimes single handedly win penalties category with the occasional point. 22. (348) Daymond Langkow (Pho - C) - Can't pass up a # 1 centre this late. 23. (357) Brendan Morrison (Cgy - C) - Another potential # 1 centre when he come back had a solid year last year. 24. (380) Jason Arnott (StL - C) - Mostly just wanted one last reliable centre. 25. (389) Josh Harding (Min - G) - With my last pick I just wanted to make sure I had one of my starters backed up for now just in case.

I had the last pick in the snake draft so no reason to deviate from my opening strategy of picking up two decent goalies since I figured the goalie pickings would be slim when it got back to me in the 3rd. Picked my D late as usual and mainly looked to take guys who could help in multiple categories.Couldn't be a Shark homer as usual since RTM was drafting right in front of me (I was going to take Couture right before he picked him but with his team name I was resigned to not getting him).Didn't realize that Santorelli was hurt but other than that, I think that I did ok1. (16) Miikka Kiprusoff G2. (17) Cam Ward G3. (48) John Tavares C4. (49) Milan Lucic LW5. (80) Joe Pavelski C,RW6. (81) Alexandre Burrows LW7. (112) Patric Hornqvist RW8. (113) David Krejci C9. (144) James van Riemsdyk LW10. (145) Brad Boyes C,RW11. (176) Brooks Laich LW12. (177) Derick Brassard C13. (208) Ian White D14. (209) Curtis Glencross LW15. (240) Mike Knuble RW16. (241) Artem Anisimov C17. (272) Victor Hedman D18. (273) Cody Franson D19. (304) Zach Bogosian D20. (305) Colin Wilson C21. (336) Mike Santorelli C22. (337) Jared Spurgeon D23. (368) Carlo Colaiacovo D24. (369) Henrik Karlsson G25. (400) Tommy Wingels C

I was literally in the process of dragging Jared Spurgeon over to my queue to take him next, and when I released the mouse button he disappeared and popped up in the chat window as "Drafted by GoBears"...lmao.

As usual, Andre's team looks like a bunch of crap, with no one to get excited about or looks like a great contributor.And he'll probably win the league.
I'm onto Andre's strategy :)He claims he "wings" it, but he wings it in a certain way.
As usual, Andre's team looks like a bunch of crap, with no one to get excited about or looks like a great contributor.And he'll probably win the league.
I agree with this..Looking at his forwards , he doesnt have anyone that scored 70 pts last year.On his defence he doesnt have anyone that scored more than 29 pts.However he has two solid goalies that started 71 and 74 games last year. Also he has drafted a lot of centres for faceoffs.This is his strategy, his team would suck balls in a regular fantasy league with just points. However in this concept, he will do extremely well.FWIW i also tried to follow this concept...Ironically he has the two goalies that started the most games last year in the NHL.

I think I blew it on the FOW category...HOpefully, I will be strong enough in other cats to make up for it.Will probably have to trade for a C if things look grim.

Is the week over today?
When you click on MATCHUP you will see the dates just above the team shown on the left.Right now, it says: Week 1: Oct 6 - Oct 16