Adam's Extreme Fcp Yahoo League 2011-12

I'd be ok with a rule that prevents a team from choosing a 3rd goalie until all teams have a 2nd goalie.We'd probably need a stipulation that the rule is voided when we reach a certain round.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be ok with a rule that prevents a team from choosing a 3rd goalie until all teams have a 2nd goalie.We'd probably need a stipulation that the rule is voided when we reach a certain round.
That would be a pain in the butt to track, and in any event, people employing different drafting strategies is part of the fun. You learn as you go...nothing wrong with the rookies making a key error and then learning from it and fixing it for their next draft.
I think we should implement this rule. Can we do votes?
I don't have paypal. What do you guys think though? I think it would be a rule that benefits us all
I think you should worry about the leagues you're actually in. If you want to be in this one, you're more than welcome, send me twenty loonies in a cigar box in the mail and register a team in the league. That will get us to 16 with my buddy from home. If you don't want to participate, then rouse rabble elsewhere.

Even if we did this, it would be unenforceable until the draft was over. Someone doesn't get the word or forgets about the rule and drafts Bobrovsky in the 9th round when you're not allowed to take a 3rd goalie until the 10th round...the draft continues like nothing happened because it's the Yahoo system and it doesn't know any better. Basically the person wastes a draft pick in the top 10 rounds because I'll have to enforce the rule after the fact and drop the goalie from their team in favor of the dregs of free agency that are left. It opens the door for a whole host of issues that are unnecessary. Everyone knows the rules and the league settings upfront, tailor your strategies ahead of time. If someone wants to propose a vote and second the need for a vote, we'll have a vote. For Yahoo League purposes, Biatch is not "someone" until he registers a team and send me my goddamn loonies. I will also accept ten twonies. Two rolls of quarters in my mailbox will guarantee a visit from an annoyed Scotsman with two rolls of quarters in his fists.

I am scared to say this but the commish can stop a yahoo draft I think 3 or 5 times and has the ability to I believe wipe out up to the last 3 or 5 picks. So if someone did eff up it is possible to rectify it.Sorry.I gotta find $20 somewhere. When is the draft?

For Yahoo League purposes, Biatch is not "someone" until he registers a team and send me my goddamn loonies. I will also accept ten twonies. Two rolls of quarters in my mailbox will guarantee a visit from an annoyed Scotsman with two rolls of quarters in his fists.
prawned.jpg
I am scared to say this but the commish can stop a yahoo draft I think 3 or 5 times and has the ability to I believe wipe out up to the last 3 or 5 picks. So if someone did eff up it is possible to rectify it.Sorry.I gotta find $20 somewhere. When is the draft?
October 2nd, starting at 9pm I think. Last Sunday night before the season opens.

pretty funny a guy not in a pool gets people to vote on stuff.The Biatch is a unique man..Starbucks called and would like him to represent their coffees

Agreed. This guy Belanger doesn't know anything about hockey.
cikd.jpgFinished 1st, 13th, 6th, 6th, 8th. Considering this is a damn good league with a lot of smart hockey people I must be doing something right to have been a playoff team 3 out of 5 years and missing the playoffs last season by one point.
Belanger, I agree that having a bunch of goalies doesnt get you anywhere, but it is really important to have 2 bonafide starters. Given there are only about 20-25 bonafide starters in the league, and there are 16 teams in this pool.. well you get the picture.All the teams you listed had a high number of goalies, but none of them had 2 quality #1 guys.let's check the top teams:Go bears had:Ryan Miller (Drafted in the 1st round)Anti NiemmiSuper friends had:LundqvistCam WardUnderdogs had:BrodeurCory Crawford
I see the list and yes they did very well, but the key to Andre's win was his ridiculous stats when it came to offense. Check them out, they're sick. Plus you can't count the underdogs and Cory Crawford considering he wasn't even drafted. That's just a waiver wire steal.
I think this in theory would work but I wouldn't draft a goalie until those last two rounds, but that's just me.For anyone that wants to know, I didn't draft a goalie until the 5th round and 13th round. Serge you cannot have three goalies from the same team, it's just illogical.