Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

isnt a Goligoski a more rare find then a Neal type?
I don't think that's the case anymore. I think the times are a changing and offensive dmen are becoming more and more common whereas power forwards are still fairly rare.
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even then, I thought they'd be able to get much more for Neal.I wonder if they credit his success entirely to Richards or something.Or, they just really value Gogo. He immediately becomes their best offensive D-man, and that's not exactly the easiest thing to find. Plus Goligoski does still have a pretty high upside, even if he's already 25.My favorite part of this deal is that Neal is 23, Niskanen 24, Gogo 25.
Great deal for you guys. We got fleeced. Bad.

With the flurry of huge trades that have gone down, the deadline looks to be different this year..But who knows..We will still get "7th dman traded for 6th round pick in 2013 " type trades..A lot of those, but probably not a lot of blockbusters.

Rotowire has a rumour of Liles to the Leafs. If his price tag means we can get him without giving up premium assets, that'd be awesome! Replacing Kaberle with Liles would be an awesome deal, though of course, I'm not pretending Liles is as good as Kaberle, right now.

I'd like to get Liles, depending on what it costs.
I'm highly in favor of any moves that increase Stefan Elliott and Tyson Barrie's respective values. <grin>Colorado started the season with Liles, Shattenkirk, and Colby Cohen ahead of them on the depth chart...now it's just Liles and he may not be there much longer.*Edit* Oh yeah, Erik Johnson...obv.
WaiversRivet
Hmm...this is a move they should have made a long time ago, but I'm surprised they actually did it. Made no sense to keep making him chill in the pressbox when it's obvious he doesn't have a place on the roster anymore. I wonder if the Sabres are freeing up cap space for a move? It's nice to be able to actually believe the team will be active at a deadline again.
Hmm...this is a move they should have made a long time ago, but I'm surprised they actually did it. Made no sense to keep making him chill in the pressbox when it's obvious he doesn't have a place on the roster anymore. I wonder if the Sabres are freeing up cap space for a move? It's nice to be able to actually believe the team will be active at a deadline again.
Who's the captain now?
Who's the captain now?
Well, still Rivet until he gets picked up by someone else. I have no idea who the next one will be, if it was up to me I'd pick Cody McCormick as a guy who brings it every single night and leads by example but I'm sure the team will go with one of the current alternates...probably Pominville, maybe Vanek.

I am not as excited for trade deadline day as I would be typically..So many big trades have gone down, hopefully we will still see lots of volume.The average fan might not appreciate Craig Rivet for Brett Lebda and a 7th round pick in 2019, but we here can dissect any trade.

Apparently the Stars' asking price from the Rangers for Brad Richards was Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Derek Stepan. Nieuwendyk is friggin' crazy.
LOL...I hope he wasn't counting on that one to balance out the Neal trade.
Apparently the Stars' asking price from the Rangers for Brad Richards was Marc Staal, Brandon Dubinsky and Derek Stepan. Nieuwendyk is friggin' crazy.
For a guy who is a UFA and out with a concussion...Thats ****ed up..