Official 2011 Trade Deadline Thread

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Caps trade 3rd in 2011 and Jake Hauswirth to FLA for defenseman Dennis Wideman.
There must be someone in the 2012 draft that Dale Tallon really, really wants. The Panthers are going to be seriously bad for a couple years.
And never heard of Hauswirth.
I never heard of him either, and not to blast my own fantasy-GM horn too loudly but if I have to Google the prospect you just traded for, he's not much of a prospect. This guy is a big winger but isn't even half-PPG in the ECHL...never drafted...real winner there Mr. Tallon.
CGY claims Carson on waivers from CAR; ATL claims Rob Schremp from NYI; OTT claims McEhlinney from TBAY
Must be hard to tank properly if Craig Anderson insists on being good between the pipes. McEhlinney will probably start every game for the rest of the season and lose 75% of them.
I never heard of him either, and not to blast my own fantasy-GM horn too loudly but if I have to Google the prospect you just traded for, he's not much of a prospect. This guy is a big winger but isn't even half-PPG in the ECHL...never drafted...real winner there Mr. Tallon.
I assume he's a warm body to make the roster #s work; ie: look for him to do be dropped asap.
I hate how little I know about hockey compared to you guys. How the **** do you guys know almost every player involved.
We don't spend our spare time trading ice cream for blowjobs on Jarvis.
This is a very funny quote..I actually LOLed , in real life not such imaginary web speak.
I hate how little I know about hockey compared to you guys. How the **** do you guys know almost every player involved.
I didn't read the complaint, but I'm pretty sure my ex sued for divorce on the partial grounds that I paid more attention to my fantasy hockey team than I did to her. Which is true, don't get me wrong...
I didn't read the complaint, but I'm pretty sure my ex sued for divorce on the partial grounds that I paid more attention to my fantasy hockey team than I did to her. Which is true, as it should be don't get me wrong...
FYP
true story this almost happened I was going to write about it in the well pezeveng thread, but decided not to. It was the don't shitt where you eat story.
true story this almost happened I was going to write about it in the well pezeveng thread, but decided not to. It was the don't shitt where you eat story.
Sev shits in the ice cream. (e4)
Sportsnet reporting that Klesla has been traded to Phoenix for Upshall and Lepisto.
I love Lepisto anywhere away from Phoenix but especially in Columbus where they have a grand total of zero decently offensive defensemen. Seems like an overpayment for Klesla, doesn't it?*Edit* Dane Byers also going to Phoenix, evens it up a little but not a lot. CBJ still win this one.
I love Lepisto anywhere away from Phoenix but especially in Columbus where they have a grand total of zero decently offensive defensemen. Seems like an overpayment for Klesla, doesn't it?*Edit* Dane Byers also going to Phoenix, evens it up a little but not a lot. CBJ still win this one.
that was my initial reaction, but I don't think any of the components of this deal had a ton of value, so it can't be that lopsided.

Klesla deal feels a lot like the EJohnson deal. One time franchise D that no one would ever trade away when drafted, but now available because of poor showing, and another team taking a chance by possibly overpaying to get said player. Time will tell I guess.