The Polling Place

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, it would be pretty hard to find another Wang.

Who to engage: http://imgur.com/a/cf5LN   Who to avoid: http://imgur.com/a/gEznR

As a Winner, Wang, that's my instinct. That's why people root against people like me and LeBron.

I chose Green Lantern because I saw some leaked clips and looks like it has a shot at being decent.I am intriqued by the reboot of the Apes franchise. Since they're going cgi with the apes, it better be goddamned excellent cgi, none of this American Werewolf in Paris bullshit. I also hope they give it some gravitas and explore the social commentary in the novel.And yes, tell us the movie not on the list you want to see.

I chose Green Lantern because I saw some leaked clips and looks like it has a shot at being decent.I am intriqued by the reboot of the Apes franchise. Since they're going cgi with the apes, it better be goddamned excellent cgi, none of this American Werewolf in Paris bullshit. I also hope they give it some gravitas and explore the social commentary in the novel.And yes, tell us the movie not on the list you want to see.
I chose Harry Potter because...I don't know, closure?Seems like a pretty weak group this year. Hopefully there will be a few surprise hits in here somewhere.

Tree of Life because Terrence Malick makes pretty much one movie every decade, so it's gotta be good, right? I mean, it's Brad Pitt.

I chose Harry Potter because...I don't know, closure?Seems like a pretty weak group this year. Hopefully there will be a few surprise hits in here somewhere.
Oh fuck you hollywood. I wish I could slit open your fat fucking belly and wound fuck you into oblivion.Colin "primo douchebag" Farrell? Really? Fuck you, hollywood.

PT AndersonThere Will Be BloodEmpty theater with the GFCaptain America (I'm the only one looking forward to this?)Hot Dogssss

I like a medium-sized crowd. Not packed where its hard to find seats, but enough people that it feels like a collective experience and you can hear other people's reactions. Also, it's very important that the popcorn be served in a bucket and not in a bag.

I like a medium-sized crowd. Not packed where its hard to find seats, but enough people that it feels like a collective experience and you can hear other people's reactions. Also, it's very important that the popcorn be served in a bucket and not in a bag.
Big thing for me too as long as the bucket is able to hold the butter and not seep through

there was no option for "I don't give a shit about any of the movies coming out this summer because I'm not a fag who looks forward to movies instead of going our and actually doing something productive with my life." at least I didn't see it when I glanced through.

and apparently I'm the only person who voted for punch drunk love, proving just how much more hip and intelligent I am than everybody else here.

Wes Anderson Rushmore Packed with friendsHarry PotterWater (obv)Boogie Nights is undoubtedly great. I also love Magnolia, though it's hard to disagree with the critique that it's the most expensive student film ever made. There Will Be Blood should have been called There Will Be a Citizen Kane Ending (with a pointless twin non-subplot). Punch Drunk Love tries so hard, and how refreshing to see Adam Sandler play a manchild. I saw Hard Eight a long time ago and can't remember it.Of course, these are like my opinions, man. Keep on liking what you like.

Wes AndersonMagnolia - This was a hard choice and it coulda gone a lot of different ways. Magnolia really kicked my ass though. Actually it's pretty much a tie between that and The Royal Tenenbaums, but I went with Magnolia cuz I'd already shown Wes some love in the first question.The other questions were less interesting to me, so I won't bore you with my unexciting choices.

WesTWBBHangoverAHBMSoda/WaterHe's like teh bestIf I'm voting best picture that is. Otherwise, I'd go with TLASZNot a great looking list. The Hangover should be pretty good though. Pretty much dead heat with HPIt really depends on the movie (Snakes on a Plane: at the theatre. The Third Man: by myself) but I like to hear and see it all so by myself. This is also what you look for in a mate. Or I do. Someone that's not ****ing annoying to watch a movie withnever been a popcorn guy

sorry but i have to say this... wes anderson's movies are highly overrated. the royal tenenbaumas was great. rushmore wasn't that good, the life aquatic was painful, and the darjeenling limited was boring.i did like the fantastic mr fox a lot. was a really cool movie.another thing i dont like about wes is he casts jason schwartzmen in most of his movies and well, jason is the worst actor ever to get major work.