• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was sort of obvious that everybody was safe when they showed the judges saying they were easily certain of their decision. It was impressive though - I think they did it because of genuine excellence, not just sentimentality. Suuuuuuuuuch dickishness toward Richard! It was funny, but Jesus. Recap for Guapo:Richard is looking extremely nervous, hands in pockets, despite the fact that literally nothing negative has been said about his dish. But the judges decided for some reason that he was the one they were gonna prank. Padma goes, "Richard. Please pack your knives. You're going to the Bahamas!' Richard, head about to explode, responds, "Why would you do...[huge sigh] Thank you."

I agree with this. Stealing it was bad enough, but acting the way he did after was ridiculous, although I think he may have been trying to cover for feeling bad by acting extra douchey.
Nah, I think he's just a twat. Can dish it but can't take it and is completely oblivious to other people's feelings. Like when they sent Dale home, or was it Angelo, when he just kept saying "you? Really? No?" in front of the women that didn't get voted off. He's just a douche me thinks
Agree 100%. I'm starting not to like him, and I miss DN.
nah, I love Richard's self loathing. I think it's completely real.
I don't feel that Tiffany belongs in the top 4.My preference is for Richard or Antonia to win though, other than them being the top two the rest of the order doesn't bother me.
I agree for the most part. Tiffany and Mike are just there to add some one-liners and obnoxious laugh-clips. Antonia will cook well and only win if Richard screws up, just like Richard's first season where Stephanie won. If Mike won, I think I'd be mildly entertained, but Tiffany winning would feel silly in an entirely un-funny way.
I agree for the most part. Tiffany and Mike are just there to add some one-liners and obnoxious laugh-clips.
I would have said that up until 4-5 episodes ago, but Mike has really pulled it together.
I would have said that up until 4-5 episodes ago, but Mike has really pulled it together.
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but can he really win?
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but can he really win?
He beat Voltaggio and Blais in the last episode, so I'd say so. He needs to survive one more challenge, and then it's anybody's game in the last one. Yeah, Blais is still the favorite and it's probably his game to lose, but I'm not counting mIke out. Tiffany, I'm counting out. Antonia...I don't know, I'm not as big on her as some other people seem to be.

I think a major major negative to this show is that the judges don't judge blind. I don't care how unbiased they think they are, they are human and will absolutely judge differently than they would if they didn't know who cooked what.

I'd say Blaze has about a 50% chance of winning, Antonia and Mike each have 25%, and Tiffany needs an actual miracle to win. I'd rate Blaise higher if it he hadn't already shown that he can choke big time. Mike has definitely proven himself the last few weeks.

He beat Voltaggio and Blais in the last episode, so I'd say so. He needs to survive one more challenge, and then it's anybody's game in the last one. Yeah, Blais is still the favorite and it's probably his game to lose, but I'm not counting mIke out. Tiffany, I'm counting out. Antonia...I don't know, I'm not as big on her as some other people seem to be.
Yes.
I'd say Blaze has about a 50% chance of winning, Antonia and Mike each have 25%, and Tiffany needs an actual miracle to win. I'd rate Blaise higher if it he hadn't already shown that he can choke big time. Mike has definitely proven himself the last few weeks.
And yes again.
I think a major major negative to this show is that the judges don't judge blind. I don't care how unbiased they think they are, they are human and will absolutely judge differently than they would if they didn't know who cooked what.
I think that's a fair criticism. I think that over time they've proven themselves to be pretty good judges in general, so they get the benefit of the doubt, but it's a good idea regardless.
Yup.

I caught up over the weekend. Watching this episode was weird for me, because for like half the episode I thought it was the actual Finale, so I was confused by a lot of the things they were doing.With that being said, I though sending Carla home was the correct thing to do. Carla, and to a certain extent Tiffany just do not cook complex enough food to win Top Chef All Stars. Blaise, was and still is the front runner for this. I agree with knuckelballer, but I will add a couple things. 1. Blaise choked in his last finale, pretty bad actually and he has done it a few times already this year. Even in the last couple episodes he has shown a certain lack of confidence.2. Antonia is very very good in her comfort zone. She could easily make food that tastes better than both the other contestants, but I don't know if she mentally can beat them. She is her own worst enemy.3. Mike. I think he is a dark horse here. If you look back at his season, he really put up some mediocre food and played it safe. I think you have to believe him that he has worked on his art and expanded his culinary expertise, especially looking at how he has performed in the past few weeks.I still think Blaise will win, but I would not be shocked if Mike did.I really wish it were a 3 man finale, Blaise, DN, and Dale. That would have been some cool food.

I'm sad that Tiffany's soup was cold. That's a terrible reason to get sent home. (for her)Mike is looking very strong.

I'm sad that Tiffany's soup was cold. That's a terrible reason to get sent home. (for her)Mike is looking very strong.
I feel like she still might have gotten sent home, unless the heat somehow made the sweetness less noticable. Nobody seemed super impressed with hers overall.
I was very surprised Richard didn't win after all the comments they gave him, especially since Mike's dish wasn't perfect either.
Undercooked lobster.
Undercooked lobster.
Tom seemed to sort of shrug that off, and it was only in one or two portions (not Tom's, obviously). But everybody's fish from Mike was oily from the unnecessary butter. I guess I thought they'd be more forgiving of one or two under or overcooked portions since they were cooking on the friggin beach, and also I wanted Richard to win.

I was shocked that Mike got the win because of the butter. It must not have messed up the taste at all. But it's fairly common sense that a dish like that does not need any butter.

From the comments during the meal I thought Mike and Tiffany were easily the bottom two. Really surprised when suddenly Mike was the winner. I thought Richard got the best comments from the diners and the judges.Tiffany had to go sometime though, she just couldn't stand up to that competition. I just hate that Mike is doing well suddenly. I want him out next and all this is giving him confidence.

at the start of the season tiffany was one for whom i was cheering. after the last few weeks, not so much. it'd be pretty terrible to have a top chef be in the bottom 3 every week then pull some recipe out of their meat pocket to win.i agree with ms grey, mike should go. regardless of his upswing, stealing a recipe puts him on my please remove list.