invasion of the newbies

Guest XXEddie

Guest XXEddie

am I the only one completely annoyed how the newbies come in and join the WSOP pool. I mean they have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum, half of them are creating new threads to post thier entires since the "entires" thread is somewhat invisible. And worst of all there just gonna make whoever counts the standing waste thier time. Half of them have just put people who they see on TV.I really woulda like a 100 post minimum, to forbid all these "long time reader, first time poster" newbies who see their shot to possible win a 10k freeroll....or w/e DN has made the prixe

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I completely agree, everyone is like, "But I really I have been a long time reader and I was registered before this was announced" It should be regulations like those CardPlayer FreeRolls. it just kind of low for SOME people just to register to win stuff and then never post again and go on "reading"Edit: Someone said this in the Prize thread (forgot who but you get my credit) and granted I am not the most knowledgable poker expert on the site, but why should these "readers" take all the information, not contribute anything in return, and then register by the hoards to win our free stuff? I mean I don't care if people don't post great hand analysis (because I dont), but at least be an active participant.

am I the only one completely annoyed how the newbies come in and join the WSOP pool.  I mean they have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum, half of them are creating new threads to post thier entires since the "entires" thread is somewhat invisible. And worst of all there just gonna make whoever counts the standing waste thier time. Half of them have just put people who they see on TV.I really woulda like a 100 post minimum, to forbid all these "long time reader, first time poster" newbies who see their shot to possible win a 10k freeroll....or w/e DN has made the prixe
I agree, but I would bet that part of DN's reasoning behind having this tournament is to attract new members to the forum. Unfortunately, most people are looking for a free ride and won't contribute anything. Let's just hope the person who wins is a regular contributor.
Guest XXEddie

I agree, but I would bet that part of DN's reasoning behind having this tournament is to attract new members to the forum. Unfortunately, most people are looking for a free ride and won't contribute anything. Let's just hope the person who wins is a regular contributor.i see your point but I doubt 20% of them will be avid members for more than a month. Most of then are like "hey.....i can win something....join.....oh I lost(no newb better win) so much for this place"

Guilty as charged. I really am a "long time reader" but just a recent poster. I've lurked on these boards for months and finally got around to registering before the WSOP pool filled up. But I do hope to bring something relevant to the forums at some point. I won a WSOP main event seat through Full Tilt so I'll at least have something to say in July, but for now I figured I'd refrain since the best I could offer up for the moment was my recent (and first ever) Krablar move in a $5 SNG. :club:

I don't think I've yet hit 100 posts but I've been around here for months. Maybe there should be a prior post date instead of 100 post minum because then you get those people who just registered to enter posting left and right and competely ridiculous things.

Guest XXEddie
I don't think I've yet hit 100 posts but I've been around here for months. Maybe there should be a prior post date instead of 100 post minum because then you get those people who just registered to enter posting left and right and competely ridiculous things.
I like it....but too many....joined 4-5 months ago havent posted more than 3 times people might get in....besides you got about 184 posts

well i don't completely agree since i have been a member for a long time but prefer to read other strategies than post my own since i don't feel like i would contribute enough to help other people.make any sense, oh well, i got 40 something guess i could give some useless posts to past the threshold.

We have all have a post count under our names... you are close to 200.Ok, now back to the newbies who can't post their entries in the correct spot. If they can't do such a simple task as that correctly, I'm glad most of them won't stick around. They are all just lined up to take over JFarrell's vacant spot.

I am an avid reader of the forum. The reason I don't post on here is the attitude of some of the "long time" posters on here, when a newbie makes a post. Its as if the newbie is a moron and the long time posters are GOD!!! I think the veterans should lighten up a little bit or the forum will die. Any forum needs new members to sustain life. By the way I am not entering the WSOP Pool because I don't want to seem like I am "freeloading" as some of the vets would say.

I am an avid reader of the forum. The reason I don't post on here is the attitude of some of the "long time" posters on here, when a newbie makes a post. Its as if the newbie is a moron and the long time posters are GOD!!! I think the veterans should lighten up a little bit or the forum will die. Any forum needs new members to sustain life. By the way I am not entering the WSOP Pool because I don't want to seem like I am "freeloading" as some of the vets would say.
We have no problem with newbies.. we have problems with retarded newbies.

I was a "newbie" just two months ago. As long as you make quality posts and don't flame people unnecessarily this forum is a great place to be. I found that all the long-time memebers here welcomed me in, and I hope to do the same to any newbies that plan on making solid contributions.

I am an avid reader of the forum. The reason I don't post on here is the attitude of some of the "long time" posters on here, when a newbie makes a post. Its as if the newbie is a moron ......
They, including me, have had an attiude when it was deserved, IMO. I was a newb myself at one time, as we all were and didn't come on here and bash people like I knew what was up. Not being a d!ck, just saying it how I see it, MOST of the time. Ya know?? Some newbs just give a bad name to the rest. Just the way it is.
I was a "newbie" just two months ago. As long as you make quality posts and don't flame people unnecessarily this forum is a great place to be. I found that all the long-time memebers here welcomed me in, and I hope to do the same to any newbies that plan on making solid contributions.
I even welcomed an IU grad....what was I thinking?? :club:
I even welcomed an IU grad....what was I thinking?? :club:
You knew he would have better things to say than those houligans from West Lafayette you hang around with. :D

The "newbies" aren't the ones who are wrong here, its the OP and the "regulars". Some of the people with hundreds or thousands of post act like this is their forum, and new posters are invading. This is DN website, and his forum. He puts up the prize pool not you, and he wants to attract people to his website. He didn't create the forum for only those who post 75 times a week, he created it for all fans of him and of poker, or anyone who is interested in stopping in. No one can sign up and automatically have 2176 posts, so everyone here was a newbie at one point. I know that well respected members such as Paul Phillips, Harry Demetriu, or Steve7stud all don't have to many posts under their belts, will you try to exclude them. Even Brett "Gank" Youngblut first post on the forum was a WSOP Fantasy post.It just really annoys me when "regulars" act like they own the fu.cking place or have more to contribute because they were here first. Just because you logged on a year ago doesn't mean you know more about poker, ask Doyle Bruson.

I somewhat have to agree with the "newbies." I myself, have been here for quite a while, and I am a member of a local forum which I post in more regularly, because it is more relevant. I actually physically know the people there, we get together for games/tournies, etc. And most importantly, there is VERY little flaming there. Still plenty of retards, trust me, but there are very few pointless posts with absolutely no meaning or relevance to poker. There is also a lot of newb questions, but for the most part, polite, well thought out, informative responses.I don't like it how the regulars feel they deserve anything more than newbs either. I don't consider myself a newb, but I don't have 100 posts either. The fact of the matter is, I don't have time to post in every single discussion, and I don't see any point in participating in the flame wars because that is just stupid and a waste of time. As well, I don't have time to post 400 times a month. I mean, hasn't this forum only be open for 6 months? And even sometimes when I do post, I don't always get a direct reply because I'm not one of the 10 posts/hr people. I also don't like the fact that people are signing up just for the contest either, but hey...where there is something free, people tend to come in like flies on sh*t and there isn't much you can do. However, as was said, Daniel is putting up the prizes for HIS site, and if you guys are so much smarter and better than the newbs, you should have no worries beating them in the contest. * Not trying to start a war here, or even take sides. I'm just saying it isn't fair to jump all over people entering the contests with low post counts. Lastly, we all know that a lot of posts doesn't mean you are smart or have something worthwhile to contribute. There are many people here who do nothing but flame, argue at each opportunity, or start stupid threads with no point. Yet, some of those are the people with a lot of posts.

I will spend quite a while double checking all entries to make sure no one entered twice etc.For now that's the best I can do.
they put you in charge of this? that sucks :club:
I somewhat have to agree with the "newbies."  I myself, have been here for quite a while, and I am a member of a local forum which I post in more regularly, because it is more relevant.  I actually physically know the people there, we get together for games/tournies, etc.  And most importantly, there is VERY little flaming there.  Still plenty of retards, trust me, but there are very few pointless posts with absolutely no meaning or relevance to poker.  There is also a lot of newb questions, but for the most part, polite, well thought out, informative responses.I don't like it how the regulars feel they deserve anything more than newbs either.  I don't consider myself a newb, but I don't have 100 posts either.  The fact of the matter is, I don't have time to post in every single discussion, and I don't see any point in participating in the flame wars because that is just stupid and a waste of time.  As well, I don't have time to post 400 times a month.  I mean, hasn't this forum only be open for 6 months?  And even sometimes when I do post, I don't always get a direct reply because I'm not one of the 10 posts/hr people.  I also don't like the fact that people are signing up just for the contest either, but hey...where there is something free, people tend to come in like flies on sh*t and there isn't much you can do.  However, as was said, Daniel is putting up the prizes for HIS site, and if you guys are so much smarter and better than the newbs, you should have no worries beating them in the contest.  * Not trying to start a war here, or even take sides.  I'm just saying it isn't fair to jump all over people entering the contests with low post counts.  Lastly, we all know that a lot of posts doesn't mean you are smart or have something worthwhile to contribute.  There are many people here who do nothing but flame, argue at each opportunity, or start stupid threads with no point.  Yet, some of those are the people with a lot of posts.
good post
The "newbies" aren't the ones who are wrong here, its the OP and the "regulars". Some of the people with hundreds or thousands of post act like this is their forum, and new posters are invading. This is DN website, and his forum. He puts up the prize pool not you, and he wants to attract people to his website. He didn't create the forum for only those who post 75 times a week, he created it for all fans of him and of poker, or anyone who is interested in stopping in.  No one can sign up and automatically have 2176 posts, so everyone here was a newbie at one point. I know that well respected members such as Paul Phillips, Harry Demetriu, or Steve7stud all don't have to many posts under their belts, will you try to exclude them. Even Brett "Gank" Youngblut first post on the forum was a WSOP Fantasy post.It just really annoys me when "regulars" act like they own the fu.cking place or have more to contribute because they were here first. Just because you logged on a year ago doesn't mean you know more about poker, ask Doyle Bruson.
I agree with you to an extent. But it is very disheartening that all of a sudden we are flooded with all sorts of posters just for a prize. Many have only 1 post, their pool entry. I know that I don't feel like I "own" the forum as you put it. I do have the most posts, but that really means nothing to me. There are many valuable contributors that don't have anywhere close to my post count. I do feel though that a sign up date cutoff would be fair. I think that anyone who posted on this site 10 times before Daniel announced the first prize can be eligible for this contest. In fact you have people signing in as guests to post their entry, now that is obscene.
In fact you have people signing in as guests to post their entry, now that is obscene.
i saw that and chuckled
In fact you have people signing in as guests to post their entry, now that is obscene.
i saw that and chuckled
I giggled.
I somewhat have to agree with the "newbies."  I myself, have been here for quite a while, and I am a member of a local forum which I post in more regularly, because it is more relevant.  I actually physically know the people there, we get together for games/tournies, etc.  And most importantly, there is VERY little flaming there.  Still plenty of retards, trust me, but there are very few pointless posts with absolutely no meaning or relevance to poker.  There is also a lot of newb questions, but for the most part, polite, well thought out, informative responses.I don't like it how the regulars feel they deserve anything more than newbs either.  I don't consider myself a newb, but I don't have 100 posts either.  The fact of the matter is, I don't have time to post in every single discussion, and I don't see any point in participating in the flame wars because that is just stupid and a waste of time.  As well, I don't have time to post 400 times a month.  I mean, hasn't this forum only be open for 6 months?  And even sometimes when I do post, I don't always get a direct reply because I'm not one of the 10 posts/hr people.  I also don't like the fact that people are signing up just for the contest either, but hey...where there is something free, people tend to come in like flies on sh*t and there isn't much you can do.  However, as was said, Daniel is putting up the prizes for HIS site, and if you guys are so much smarter and better than the newbs, you should have no worries beating them in the contest.  * Not trying to start a war here, or even take sides.  I'm just saying it isn't fair to jump all over people entering the contests with low post counts.  Lastly, we all know that a lot of posts doesn't mean you are smart or have something worthwhile to contribute.  There are many people here who do nothing but flame, argue at each opportunity, or start stupid threads with no point.  Yet, some of those are the people with a lot of posts.
good post
Wow. Thank you very much. I'm glad I finally got a response, and a positive one at that. Honestly, I'm still expecting to get flamed even though I feel I've made some valid points and looked at both sides. But hopefully we can all just get along and have some fun with it. Regardless of countless newbs entering or not, chances of winning this are very slim. It's just like all the "baby poker boomers" or whatever you want to call them entering the WSOP. I just pray some idiot doesn't win this year, or another Moneymaker. Please let it be a pro... :club: Or at least someone here! The guest thing is pretty stupid though. :roll: