invasion of the newbies

Guest XXEddie

I've been lurking and reading for a while now.  Finally got around to registering (I guess to put my two cents in on this thread).  I thought about signing up for the Fantasy pool but decided against it.  I did not want to feel like a Johnny come lately.  For the record, I decided that before I stumbled across this thread.  My personal feeling is that it di not seem right to jump in on something like that as a "newbie" just for the prospect of winning a prize.  Now next year....Hope to contribute more, now that I got off my lazy butt (figuratively, of course, as I am still sitting) and registered.
snake, where are you located in relation to philly?
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a long time reader of the forum and just became a member to be a part of the pool. Maybe if I had time between playing in the .05/.10 game on party poker like XXX, I would have time to spill my diarehia of the mouth all over this forum. People have to be Newbies at some point.Chill Out!!

ford0067-Just because I post something after you, doesn't mean I was talking about you nor was I refering to you in the post in this thread, because a lot of people were doing it and I just happened to post it after you did.Nobody here has a problem with newbies. If you come out here your not gonna get flamed for posting for the first time. Why doesn't everyone look at what the newbies posted when the get flamed? It is all useless crap! If people (anyone) posts dumb stuff, they are gonna get flamed. And the problem is most often it is "newbies" who are posting crap and getting flamed. Anyone who has ever came to this site and said "Hey I play so and so and this is my first post and just wanted to say hi" will always get a friendly welcome. But if you come here and act like hot shit, you will get flamed no matter if you are a newbie or a regular. The "regulars" have a problem with all this traffic coming in from the WSOP fantasy thing and people acting like "newbies" and posting there entries in a seperate thread and say irrelavent and dumb things.If you happened to sign up or whatever just after the freeroll was announced...whateverIf you were a "lurker" and had your first post for the fantasy thing...whateverJust don't start spilling garbage on the forum and run off after the contest! It isn't hard to contribute to the site every-so-often even if can't post amazing advice.

Guest XXEddie
I have been a long time reader of the forum and just became a member to be a part of the pool.  Maybe if I had time between playing in the .05/.10 game on party poker like XXX, I would have time to spill my diarehia of the mouth all over this forum.  People have to be Newbies at some point.Chill Out!!
why do so many people think i have 3 X's in my nameand yes, i was a newbie....and i was flamed....for being a stupid newbiw, which i wasbut then JFarrell came along.....and everyone forgot about my stupidity....phew
lansdale area. Near first exit of NE Extension
wow jenkintown here...know of any good homegames in the area??
Kind of. I'm just starting to get into it (poker) more. Check out http://tristaterounders.com/ It is essentially just a forum for poker players in, you guessed it, the tri-state area. The adminstrator is in the north wales area (near routes 309 and 63). He has a game every tuesday night. I have not gone to one yet, but have talked to a guy who has. Said it was a good time. He also has a larger tourney once a month or so. Other people post to advertise a tourney or game that they might be having. Like south philly string band association, or a rugby club fundraiser.You might find some games of interest there. Heck, maybe WE'LL start a game. If you don't mind playing with a 30-something.
why do so many people think i have 3 X's in my nameand yes, i was a newbie....and i was flamed....for being a stupid newbiw, which i wasbut then JFarrell came along.....and everyone forgot about my stupidity....phew
It's almost like pledging again. :-)

Yes I'm a newbie. There I admitted it. I feel so much better. I joined this forum a little while ago, not to win stuff but to get better at poker. I may not post a lot, but before I post I search for the topic I am interested in. If I find what I'm looking for, then there is no need to post a topic that was already done. Maybe it should be quality not quantity. If you don't like newbies winning stuff maybe someone should contact DN and see if he could have contests for newbies, groupies, veterns and so on.

but before I post I search for the topic I am interested in. That is all we ask! Seriously orville, you are right and I respect people like you because not everyone is gonna post here all the time, but at least you try not to clutter the forum...

I've been lurking and reading for a while now.  Finally got around to registering (I guess to put my two cents in on this thread).  I thought about signing up for the Fantasy pool but decided against it.  I did not want to feel like a Johnny come lately.  For the record, I decided that before I stumbled across this thread.  My personal feeling is that it di not seem right to jump in on something like that as a "newbie" just for the prospect of winning a prize.  Now next year....Hope to contribute more, now that I got off my lazy butt (figuratively, of course, as I am still sitting) and registered.
Wtf have you got against me, eh? I challenge you to a 25c heads up freeze out now to settle our honour flame flame flame etc.......
am I the only one completely annoyed how the newbies come in and join the WSOP pool.I mean they have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum, half of them are creating new threads to post thier entires since the "entires" thread is somewhat invisible. And worst of all there just gonna make whoever counts the standing waste thier time. Half of them have just put people who they see on TV.I really woulda like a 100 post minimum, to forbid all these "long time reader, first time poster" newbies who see their shot to possible win a 10k freeroll....or w/e DN has made the prixe
MY GOD YOU ARE A LOOSER! Who cares if new person's to the forum enter the pool. Is winning the prize so important to you? If it is your life is empty! Shut the F up and get a life.D.I.C.K!
am I the only one completely annoyed how the newbies come in and join the WSOP pool.I mean they have contributed absolutely nothing to this forum, half of them are creating new threads to post thier entires since the "entires" thread is somewhat invisible. And worst of all there just gonna make whoever counts the standing waste thier time. Half of them have just put people who they see on TV.I really woulda like a 100 post minimum, to forbid all these "long time reader, first time poster" newbies who see their shot to possible win a 10k freeroll....or w/e DN has made the prixe
MY GOD YOU ARE A LOOSER! Who cares if new person's to the forum enter the pool. Is winning the prize so important to you? If it is your life is empty! Shut the F up and get a life.D.I.C.K!
you're ugly.
Heh, if you are going to insult someone for being a 'loser', at least spell it right...Otherwise people might think you are a 'looser' too, but even worse, a 'looser' that can't spell.Patrick

so since i am only a poker regular here according to the title beneath my post i will allow anyone with more posts to submit their entry before mine. If I can run your errands, clean your home, take out your garbage or rub your feet I'm at your service.

Wtf have you got against me, eh? I challenge you to a 25c heads up freeze out now to settle our honour flame flame flame etc.......
You're on! (can anyone stake me the 25 c?). Isn't it funny how the brits spell honour?Somehow I'm feeling acceptance.
You're on! (can anyone stake me the 25 c?). Isn't it funny how the brits spell honour?Somehow I'm feeling acceptance.
Honour, favour, valour, etc etc etc.Patrick
Honour, favour, valour, etc etc etc.Patrick
Yes, thank you. I didn't want to belabour the point.
Heh, if you are going to insult someone for being a 'loser', at least spell it right...Otherwise people might think you are a 'looser' too, but even worse, a 'looser' that can't spell.Patrick
Sure! I guess perfect typing without double hitting a key is demmmmmmonstrative (sorry did I double hit a key?) of validity to one's opinion!Everyone that is so caught up in this "fun" pool shows that nothing else is going well for them in life
Honour' date=' favour, valour, etc etc etc.Patrick[/quote']Yes, thank you. I didn't want to belabour the point.Ha, touche. Oddly enough, that's the most amusing thing I've read today; thanks for that. :-)Patrick
Sure! I guess perfect typing without double hitting a key is demmmmmmonstrative (sorry did I double hit a key?) of validity to one's opinion!Everyone that is so caught up in this "fun" pool shows that nothing else is going well for them in life
I don't disagree with your point, but you have to see the amusement garnered from someone flaming another poster and calling them a 'looser'. You did it twice in the post too, by the way, so you might want to have your keyboard checked out for a problem with the 'O' key. ;-)Saying you think people are taking it too seriously is one thing, but you don't need to insult the guy. I happen to agree with you, I just didn't agree with the way you presented it.Patrick