don't give up on bran, arya, and sansa... I still have faith in all of them... especialy aryaSansa is going to stick a knife in littlefinger in the next book imo, actually I hope pussy/diseased little Arryn man's up and sticks the knife in LittlefingerI just hope the next two books are going to be awesome. If not GRRM needs to add a little bit more story to it with all the characters he has added,I don't understand how fantasy authors say... 7 BOOKS IT'S OVER!!!! If you f_ucked things up add another book to it bro!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG you geeks. We like Game of Thrones, that doesn't mean you have immunity. No one cares about your faggot fantasy books. If HBO spends $100 mil making it a tv show, I'll give it a go. Otherwise, gtf

If SA's goal was to make the continued topic of conversation in this thread so insufferable that I almost don't care what he spoils anymore, his law degree just paid off.

no, i can actually read.

Some AFFC/ADWD stuff in here...

The Starks aren't done. I'm not quite sure where he is going to take Arya, but her story is the most interesting as far as individual development. I can't stand Sansa, but she is actually being molded into a female Littlefinger which could end up in a lot of different ways. I sort of expect her to back stab him at some point, do not forget she is actually still married to Tyrion which could play out a few different ways also. If you count Jon as one of the Starks, well everything kind of points at him being the reborn bringer of light that Stnnis is portrayed to be. Then there is Rickon, who we haven't seen since the 3rd book, but at the beginning of ADWD it becomes clear that he is going to play a role in how the north falls out thanks to Manderly.

don't give up on bran, arya, and sansa... I still have faith in all of them... especialy aryaSansa is going to stick a knife in littlefinger in the next book imo, actually I hope pussy/diseased little Arryn man's up and sticks the knife in LittlefingerI just hope the next two books are going to be awesome. If not GRRM needs to add a little bit more story to it with all the characters he has added,I don't understand how fantasy authors say... 7 BOOKS IT'S OVER!!!! If you f_ucked things up add another book to it bro!

jesus christ adding a little more story is the last god damn thing that Martin needs to do. Believe me, I think he fully subscribes to the " if I ****ed things up add another book to it" philosophy. I see nothing in his writing that suggests he's editing anything out.

hbo rep: i'm not going to tell you how to write your books, but if this series continues to do well we'd like to have 10 seasons.grrm: done!hbo rep: maybe more.grrm: fuck yeah, more!hbo rep: you know there can't be 5 years between seasons, right?grrm: ....

jesus christ adding a little more story is the last god damn thing that Martin needs to do. Believe me, I think he fully subscribes to the " if I ****ed things up add another book to it" philosophy. I see nothing in his writing that suggests he's editing anything out.

Let me re-phrase what I said. I hope he will add more so all of the characters have closure. I don't want additional characters/storylines. I have read a lot of fantasy series where there is a huge buildup to the climax of the series and it is over in like 5 pages.
agree to disagree.

i felt like it was all done for the shock value - instead of furthering the story.

Your not even halfway through the story so I don't think it is right or even fair to say it is only for shock value. I also think you just decided early on that this was a book simply about Starks and Lannisters when it is clearly not.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread because of all the

dasfl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dasfl;jkkkkka;slkjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimna;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dasfl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsidnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dafl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmdoiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfm;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dasfl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dasfl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvoasidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;osidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;

, so I don't know if this has been posted.Game of Thrones for NintendoAlso, I hear that season two is also going to be only ten episodes long and it might not go to the end of the book. Meaning that book two might be seasons two and three.

I haven't been keeping up with this thread because of all the

dasfl;jkkkkka;slkdjf;lakj;laskmvc;laskdjaopsiudnj;aodnmcvo;asidnm;cfosnmd;oiasnm;dofimnas;odifmn;saodifm;osadifm;aosdifm;asoidmf;aosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;dasfl;jkkkkka;slkosidmfa;soidfma;sodifma;sodifma;sodifm;oasdimf;aoifmds;

, so I don't know if this has been posted.Game of Thrones for NintendoAlso, I hear that season two is also going to be only ten episodes long and it might not go to the end of the book. Meaning that book two might be seasons two and three.

That isn't what that means, at least not entirely. They already blended some of season 2 into the end of season 1, and they'll be merging some of the books storylines from three into TV season two.
  • 3 weeks later...

thoughts after finishing ADwD:

all of dany's chapters were worthless. i was bored to tears reading them. the "reek" chapters were the best - along with Victarions. jon snow was out of his mind trying to save all the wildlings, he couldnt have thought his "brothers" would allow that. and after what happened to Mormont he should have seen it coming. tyrion being a slave was boring. GRRM needs to get focused here for this next book and maybe actually have something happen.

I think you missed the point of what he was doing with the wildlings. He gets to use them to refortify the wall against the others, and prevents them from becoming others in the process. It's basically a recruiting war, have them join or fight them when they are undead later. And his brothers attacked him after he announced he was going to march on Winterfell, which really seems like a dumb move on his part to begin with.Dany's chapters were the worst part of the book, I'm sort of hoping she dies some idiotic death soon

i know why he chose to save them, but in the end he tried to help a people the night's watch was sworn to protect the realm from. this pissed his "brothers" off. he announced he was taking winterfell and was stabbed minutes later. the plan had to have been in motion. he was correct, but there was no way it was going to be allowed.

I know I have probably posted this before but I really think that books 4 and 5 set everything up for the next book to be much like 3 in that it will be filled with action. These last two books seem more like setups, really, really long somewhat drawn-out set ups but now it seems a lot of stuff is in place and the fun is about to begin. *fingers crossed*

i hope you're right. i think a lot of it depends on dany actually doing something. she and aegon need to unite, and gain the strenght of dorne and take over kings landing, wiping out the lanisters. then in the last book, dany, aegon and jon snow fight the others and bring the realm back to spring. jon snow finally learining he is the son of rhaegar and lianna. boom.lets just hope the next book is out before 2017

The picture you paint is way to rosy for this series to finish like that.

Arya has to be building to something and who knows where that is going to go. Also, Tyrion is going to play a huge part in how everything falls. Maybe he ends up in command of the Second Sons (would be sort of fitting), and then there is Bran whose storyline has to mix back in someplace and was really left lacking in ADWD. Not to mention you are leaving out Stannis's army, the Greyjoy's, the whole religious undercurrent with the red priests showing up everywhere, UnCat is still running around lynching people, the Bolton's and Frey's need to suffer horribly aside from just eating their kin.It took till the 5th book to get a little bit of justice for Ned's death, nothing is going to come easy

That looks to be easy money for you. After reading all your thoughts I am surprised you bothered reading the last two books at all. Seems painful for you.
Well, I enjoyed the first three. The fourth was painful, but I fooled myself into thinking.. "okay, so the fourth sucked, but all the characters that I like are going to be in the next book, so I'll plow ahead" Reading book five really was a debate though, as I hated book 4 so much. But after two books like that, I'm done.
  • 3 months later...