Q: Dan, How's Papi? Would be nice to hear his intake on the Marlins start and how the Beinfest shuffle is doing.Answered 04/11/11 13:33:54 by Dan Le BatardA: he won a domino tournament with sedano this weekend...it is the happiest i've ever seen him.....the old cuban guys he beat in the finals huffed away infuriated with their second-place humidors under their arms as my dad cackled and roared "that's how i effing like it"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

• 2 weeks later...

If you boarded your plane and realized you were sitting next to Dan, what would you do?I think I lean toward being obnoxious sports fan guy, and pepper him with every kind of question he hates. Start off with, "hey you're on ESPN...So what did you think of the draft?" See how much of it he can take, and what kinds of ways he'll try to stop talking to you. Basically the flight from hell for him. Then call into the show the next day it's on, and let him know it was a joke.

I'd probably talk all my favorite subjects, like science and graphs.I read a Dan Patrick interview with Bob Costas about steroids. The stances Costas took on every question were just wildly inconsistent.linkSample:DP: Is Barry Bonds a Hall of Famer? BC: After withholding the vote the first couple of times, yes. I would vote for him eventually.DP: Roger Clemens? BC: Same deal.DP: Mark McGwire? BC: No.DP: Sammy Sosa? BC: No. DP: There's no hard evidence that Sosa used. BC: Yes, but the circumstantial evidence is overwhelming. You have to make a distinction between a court of law and the standards of evidence there. But in the court of public opinion you have more than enough information to reach a reasonable and fair conclusion that Sammy Sosa's performance was not authentic.DP: Alex Rodriguez?BC: My feeling is that, as long as nothing additional surfaces, the overall body of work will be good enough that he could get the benefit of the doubt—and you could say even without that he could achieve Hall of Fame status. You get into a different situation with a guy like Rodriguez, who will have a long career where he's apparently putting up Hall of Fame quality performances poststeroids.DP: But with A-Rod we have real evidence. BC: If someone doesn't want to vote for A-Rod, I wouldn't say they're wrong. But I'm inclined to vote for him because you could say that a portion of what he did was influenced by performance-enhancing drugs, but pretty clearly he would have been a Hall of Famer without them in any era.

If you boarded your plane and realized you were sitting next to Dan, what would you do?I think I lean toward being obnoxious sports fan guy, and pepper him with every kind of question he hates. Start off with, "hey you're on ESPN...So what did you think of the draft?" See how much of it he can take, and what kinds of ways he'll try to stop talking to you. Basically the flight from hell for him. Then call into the show the next day it's on, and let him know it was a joke.
I know what I wouldn't do. Steal a bike infront of him.
I think he's just trying to figure out which players would be HOFer's without steriods, and which would not be.
Which is silly, right?
I know what I wouldn't do. Steal a bike infront of him.
I don't know, the kid ended up with a brand new bike instead.

I think that last caller from Friday's show was about to cry.I'm really getting annoyed with Dan's basketball analysis. For someone who likes to talk about shades of gray and "exit ramps" between two points, he sure is making the Heat out to be an either/or situation.

Dlebatard to me show details 1:01 PM (22 minutes ago) HaSent from my iPhone
Apparently this is all I can get from him.Today's chat:SUBMITTED BY SHADES OF GREY FROM A NEARBY EXIT RAMP Q: No team wins because of defense unless their defense is so intimidating it causes their opponents to just start shooting at the wrong basket. I don’t think that’s happened yet. Bulls win games with 65% defense and 35% offense (made up stats!), but Rose is 10% of their defense and 40% of their offense (nothing but made up stats!), which means that he’s still not the MVP but can we get your exit ramps back into the conversation instead of making everything either I’m right or they’re right? I think the same applies to Simmons vs. LeBatard, team vs talent. I think both have a place in basketball and an overabundance of one can overcome a good portion of the other.ANSWERED 05/09/11 14:10:18 BY DAN LE BATARDA: ha
I laugh every single time Hoch goes "Me first? You want me to go?"
as do I. And Dan wore me out complaining about it every time.
I shot a floater during a game at the gym today and yelled "raindrop" midshot. It was awesome.
So sweet.MAKE IT RAIN
I've got news for you. Rick Bucher is an idiot.
That was funny. Stugotz is unlistenable when he goes on his Miami rants.Is unlistenable a word? I also didn't care for the Bosh anthem. Another annoying aspect of Heat radio: I could do without hearing "this will be the worst Miami team of the next five years." How many times have they said that? 10,000?How long do I have to wait after Miami wins the championship before I can listen to the show again?*Zaslow pirate sounds go here*

I liked the Scarface thing. Because of the show I've started to like Chris Bosh. When they play the Wade thing with him trying to say Stugotz, it tells me again that he's an effing moron. It's not normal to do what he did there.

I liked the Scarface thing. Because of the show I've started to like Chris Bosh. When they play the Wade thing with him trying to say Stugotz, it tells me again that he's an effing moron. It's not normal to do what he did there.
The Scarface thing was awesome. I listened to it twice each time they played it.I think I'm in the acceptance stage of grief with the Heat. I still want Dallas to win, but I don't have hope anymore.My favorite rejoin is "the pastry chef." Cracks me up. I have no idea what it means though.
Another annoying aspect of Heat radio: I could do without hearing "this will be the worst Miami team of the next five years." How many times have they said that? 10,000?How long do I have to wait after Miami wins the championship before I can listen to the show again?
These two go hand in hand imo. Every other team in Miami (besides the Marlins whose ownership is so unpopular down here) is a huge disappointment. So, LeBatard is going to be talking Heat stuff in the offseason for sure (especially if they beat Dallas)....and people want to believe that this will be a dominant run because the Heat are the only good team in town.I think the show feels vindicated by the Heat run and comes off really homerish and annoying about the whole thing.However, there are plenty of anti-Heat media voices who are being equally annoying in their reaction to this run too. It evens out.