They've started tweeting out short video clips. Stugotz doing the powder toss was pretty funny.Regarding the actual show, I was getting annoyed at Dan trying to draw some sort of comparison between the Lebron reaction and the Cliff Lee reaction. The two signings are just so vastly different and he even started ticking off all the ways in which they're different and yet he's still trying to draw some conclusion about why the reactions are different. The reactions are different because of the 15:1 ratio of things that are different to things that are the same.But Mark Hackman is gaining traction, so that's good.Note: I used the word "different" five times in this post. Not counting that one right there.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AND RICHIE HAS MONSTROUS THIGHS   BE CAREFUL HE'LL GOUGE YOUR EYES   SCREAMS RACIAL SLURS AT BLACK GUYS   but out of love.. but out of love, but out of loooooove

Much like with Christianity, someday after I'm dead, when people are forming a religion around me, there will be a big split between those who don't believe in the literal divinity of my lifestyle and

God I love that Incognito song.

• 3 weeks later...
I just started listening again after a 3-month hiatus. What's the story with this Mark Hackman?
So one day some guy from some station call up 790 trying to get Dan to comment about the heat, which happens all the time. And hoch told them that dan can't come on, but he can. So he goes on, and acts like just a hacky sports radio host, throwing in in-jokes for dan's audience, making homoerotic comments, using nonsensical spanish, and just making a mockery of sports talk radio. And the host doesn't ever call him on any of the absurd stuff he says. Basically they proved that the hosts don't ever listen to what anyone says. So they decided to call this character Marc Hackman, and now when anyone calls the station, looking for a "heat insider" hoch goes on their show and just kills. itls great.
So one day some guy from some station call up 790 trying to get Dan to comment about the heat, which happens all the time. And hoch told them that dan can't come on, but he can. So he goes on, and acts like just a hacky sports radio host, throwing in in-jokes for dan's audience, making homoerotic comments, using nonsensical spanish, and just making a mockery of sports talk radio. And the host doesn't ever call him on any of the absurd stuff he says. Basically they proved that the hosts don't ever listen to what anyone says. So they decided to call this character Marc Hackman, and now when anyone calls the station, looking for a "heat insider" hoch goes on their show and just kills. itls great.
Are these available to listen to?Edit: I listened to the Cleveland interview. How does he not laugh while doing this? "When there's darkness, one size fits all."The Spanish stuff was great.
  • 3 weeks later...

Dan: I felt bad for Stugotz after the Jets game. Hoch, were you rooting for the Jets because of your friendship with Stugotz?Hoch: I gotta tell you, after the Bears lost, I wanted him to feel the same pain I did.Dan: Really? So if you get divorced, you want all your friends to get divorced?Hoch: You don't want to know what I was wishing for after my dad died.*20 seconds of uncontrollable laughter until commercial*I love Hoch.

Do you believe Stugotz when he talks about his in-game rituals...such as putting on a sweatshirt (top) when they're on offense and taking it off on defense? Throwing flags when he sees a penalty? I don't think I can believe that stuff.
Oh, I totally believe it. I do stupid stuff like that too. Well, not the throwing flags, but like changing shirts if my team isn't doing well and other things that can't possibly have any effect on the game, but I just need to do it anyway.
Oh, I totally believe it. I do stupid stuff like that too. Well, not the throwing flags, but like changing shirts if my team isn't doing well and other things that can't possibly have any effect on the game, but I just need to do it anyway.
I feel like such a lousy Laker fan...I just watch the games.I guess throwing flags is not as uncommon as I thought...11:35
I wish I hated sports.
jayzgas_face2.jpg
jayzgas_face2.jpg
Oh, I know. It's not just a sports thing even. More of a very mild OCD thing.From Lebatard's chat:Q: Dan with his own show! Please follow the Univision model and pack it with gratuitous hot girls wearing not so much. It is ratings gold! You could find the next Sofia Vergara that way.A: i'd like to do that....true story: the original pti, the questions were going to be brought out to kornheiser by women in bathing suits on roller skates....i'm not making that up....that's how tony was going to do it.....i want a dancing banana, a sports ape and the girls from mangos
Oh, I know. It's not just a sports thing even. More of a very mild OCD thing.
I'm not sure that's a good enough excuse. Next time you should throw in some mild retardation or something.
I'm not sure that's a good enough excuse. Next time you should throw in some mild retardation or something.
That wasn't an excuse. I said, "Oh, I know" to indicate I am well aware that it is retarded. Pointing out that it's not a sports thing means IT EXTENDS TO OTHER FACETS OF MY LIFE. I'm trying to tell you I'm more retarded than you even know.
That wasn't an excuse. I said, "Oh, I know" to indicate I am well aware that it is retarded. Pointing out that it's not a sports thing means IT EXTENDS TO OTHER FACETS OF MY LIFE. I'm trying to tell you I'm more retarded than you even know.
Whatever, WEIRD-O!

Enjoyed these tweets during game.Heads!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stugotz about 4 hours ago via web Reply Retweet . Everytime a football is snapped or a coin is tossed I will win or lose $. Stu RT @barronfitz: @LeBatardShow how many prop bets did you make? about 4 hours ago via Echofon Reply Retweet . Yes, with Henne & Dansby Stu RT @chaimsiev: @LeBatardShow Hey stu, you're gonna be watching the SB on your couch. Like the rest of the jets. about 4 hours ago via Echofon Reply Retweet . Around the same time as the Dolphins game. Stugotz RT @hnirobert: @LeBatardShow what time is the jets game, stu? about 4 hours ago via Echofon Reply Retweet . Gotta love heads with the roof closed. Stugotz

So who here would pay for the podcast?I think I would spend up to $20 a year for it.
I would pay $5/month.
Dan, his girlfriend, and David SamsonOh, that reminds me...Dan yelling "Dios mio!" when Wade made that full-court alley-oop and then his girlfriend saying she's only heard him say that when she's on top of him and then Stugotz continuing to talk about that was uncomfortably funny.Edit: One of the comments on that picture: If she tells you Samson copped a feel, he was probably reaching for her wallet.

I think he's making a big mistake charging for his podcast. He's not a nationally syndicated show like Jim Rome or something with national exposure. The more his podcast grows, the more word of mouth it spreads by, the bigger and bigger the "lebatard brand" becomes, and that has real value for him in the future. The minute you start charging for the podcast, the new listeners will screech to a halt, and i estimate his podcast subscribers will drop by about 95%. Also him charging .99 a month is a huge mistake. Most people will drop the podcast if you charge anything, but the people willing to pay .99 per month, most of them would be willing to pay 2.99 or 4.99 a month. So all charging .99 cents is going to do is alienate most of his podcast listeners while making the bare minimum doing it.