Looking for a Pro Teacher / Tutor , Offering $5,000.

I saw his post on 2+2 earlier, and noticed no one replied, he posts it on here and gets flamed/mocked.... funnyAlso, I'm not sure a pro that would do it for 5k, would be one of the guys worth the money. All of the players that are worth that kind of cash make too much money to accept the offer.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest you PM steve7stud and ask him if he has any pro friends that would be interested. Many pros play at night, so they might be interested in the $5000 they could make on the side.

while we're talking about poker teachers, Sklansky said that 5 of his random students would be better than 5 of DN's random students. If DN ever feels like proving him wrong, I'm down for some lessons. :wink:

I actually think that Sklansky would be a better teacher than DN. Teaching is more than being the best player. Sklansky got tons of experience in teaching people and is probably one of the best theoreticians (spelling wtf) in the game.

I suggest you PM steve7stud and ask him if he has any pro friends that would be interested.  Many pros play at night, so they might be interested in the $5000 they could make on the side.
Hell, maybe even Steve would tutor you.

Try grabbing the book Inside the Poker Mind from 2+2. I picked it up this weekend. From what I can tell so far, many of the essays are about a guy that became fascinated by poker on a trip to Vegas about 20 years ago, and he really goes into detail about how he improved his game. The book says he's a successful 75/150 player in San Diego.One thing he did was private phone tutoring with Sklansky. He said that he only needed 2 hours to seriously improve his game, and I'll bet it cost less than $5K. Maybe you start with something like that before shelling out $5k?I do think it's a reasonable rate. Someone would have to be making $260K a year for that to be a breakeven proposition, and there is substantially less variance/risk teaching you than playing at the tables for a week . . . I'm sure you could find a good teacher for that price.

I do think it's a reasonable rate. Someone would have to be making $260K a year for that to be a breakeven proposition, and there is substantially less variance/risk teaching you than playing at the tables for a week . . . I'm sure you could find a good teacher for that price
Great point. From what I understand, there are many pros who make 100-200k that would be suitable teachers for this type of proposition.Again, send a message to Steve7stud and maybe try Harry Demetriou (sorry for the bad spelling). They might do it to take a break from the tables for a week, but more likely they would have friends that could be up for it. Keep us posted, this is pretty interesting.

Chaser, I know that Shawn "Lightning" Kellar gives hands on training. Give him a PM at 2+2, he plays at UB a lot under the SN "CatchoftheDay" I think

I suggest a coach for now.......
hey elkang, did you try this yourself? ....if so did you notice improvement?
I never got around to it. But, I will. It's worth the $100-200/hr.

I might be able to help you. Actually it would be myself and Brett "gank" Jungblut. But in all honesty.......no limit is not our best game. I'd say that both of us are pretty good players. But neither one of us is an expert at no limit. I'd have to think about it. Not sure if 2500 would be worth it for us. And not sure if we would be what you're looking for. It could work though. If you would like, pm me and tell me specifically what it is that you feel that you need work on. We can take it from there. Good Luck.

last suggestion, consider going to one of the poker camps or seminar weekends and see if there is a teacher out there that seems to jive with you.I'm in other scenes that have a lot of this type of mentoring and private lessons. It's key to find the teacher that will work best for you.

Ok ... heres what I want: I want you to analyze me as a player. I want to know what my tells are .. what my strengths are .. what my weakness's are .... I want human interaction with people that are proven at this game. I want a mentor. I want someone to take me under thier wing, and show me the game the way a pro plays it . And if your gonna flame me : Dont bother . Ive received multiple emails and phone calls from alot of name pros, and PM's from people tellin me to contact em if these lessons actually work . Thanks again fellas ... this is another reason why fcp rocks 2+2

Ok ... heres what I want: I want you to analyze me as a player. I want to know what my tells are .. what my strengths are .. what my weakness's are .... I want human interaction with people that are proven at this game. I want a mentor. I want someone to take me under thier wing, and show me the game the way a pro plays it . And if your gonna flame me : Dont bother . Ive received multiple emails and phone calls from alot of name pros, and PM's from people tellin me to contact em if these lessons actually work . Thanks again fellas ... this is another reason why fcp rocks 2+2
Steve7stud is on the up and up, believe me. You should talk to him. I hope you find what your looking for Jim. I'm curious as to what you'll think of the lessons when you get them; whomever you happen to get them from.Keep us posted man........

I know this is going to seem that way, but here's the name...X22.I've talked to Eric Siedel about this on Full tilt, and he described him as his mentor. I thought he was talking about back gammon, but then, on a thread I started about x22:http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...=13842&start=30Harry Demtriou, a famous British no limit player, said this about the man.."He is without doubt one of the finest tutors in the world at Backgammon and wrote the definitive book on the game in the sixties. Furthermore I can think of absolutely nobody better suited to being a tutor for either Backgammon or Poker and you would definitily be doing well and could probably do no better than to engage him as an instructor for either game. " I suggest possibly sending Harry a private message if you're curious about x22 being your tutor.. I know he' seems crazy, but he's a great poker theorist, who's coming out with a book with Gus Hansen that's rumored to revolutionize NLHE tournment books... Just a thought, I have a blind love for x22, and I know I'm going to get flamed for saying it, but if Harry gives his stamp as a teacher, I think you should consider trying to contact x22

I will definitly keep people posted .. Im a firm believer that , people can learn from books AND people as well .I just fail to see why learning and being mentored from a great player, is that bad of a thing? Look at Todd Brunson .. He has a great poker mentor, his dad! Todds one of the best high limit cash game players around .. how can you refute this? Because its "in his blood" ? Im a scientific thinker ... in his blood, is bullshit. ;-)

I might be able to help you. Actually it would be myself and Brett "gank" Jungblut. But in all honesty.......no limit is not our best game. I'd say that both of us are pretty good players. But neither one of us is an expert at no limit. I'd have to think about it. Not sure if 2500 would be worth it for us. And not sure if we would be what you're looking for. It could work though. If you would like, pm me and tell me specifically what it is that you feel that you need work on. We can take it from there. Good Luck.
Steve, how many events is Brett going to play in the WSOP? I saw that he had a good number of cashouts last year.
Steve, how many events is Brett going to play in the WSOP? I saw that he had a good number of cashouts last year.
Absolute talked to gank when they were playing in a SnG and Brett Said that he plans on playing around 24 events depending on how many final tables he reaches of course. Yeah, I was thinking of Suggesting Steve, but I didn't want to speak for him. Again, Keep us posted this is something that I myself am very interested in. Good luck and I hope you get your money's worth
As much as I could use 5 G's' date=' all I could teach you is how to lose your bankroll, then tear down drywall with your fists.
HAHAHAHA....i feel your pain...i've done some spontaneous remodelling in my office when aces get cracked on the river by J3s....