Espn.com Ranks The Top 10 Current Best Poker Players

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?...&name=pokerConsidering that they are trying to compare all forms of poker not a bad list but I'm sure people will debate a lot of the picks other than Ivey at #1.
Im confused on the criteria for this list, but Tom Dwan at #4 is just plain stupid. What has he done to be on this list at all? He plays high stakes cash games thats all. Anyone with alot of money can play high stakes poker. No quality tournament placings whatsoever.
Im confused on the criteria for this list, but Tom Dwan at #4 is just plain stupid. What has he done to be on this list at all? He plays high stakes cash games thats all. Anyone with alot of money can play high stakes poker. No quality tournament placings whatsoever.
Pretty LOL imo. Especially the parts about "what has he done" and "anyone with alot of $" The way he made all his $ was by absolutely crushing online cash games and moving up to the very highest stakes possible. He will take on anyone and everyone. Just because some new guy has dominated him the last couple of months, Durrrr has weathered the storm before and will definitely be back. On an interview he stated he is already planning on playing Isildur1 again in the coming weeks. He is resentless and will not back down.

How is DN NOT number 1????ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!Can I get an FCP hat?

However, while only at #2 here, Patrik Antonius retains his #1 ranking for the 433 consecutive week on the Tiger Beat cutest poker player of the week charts.
Pretty sure Kobe2odom8 is number 1 right now.And LOL@ Tom Dwan not doing anything. What a moronic statement.
Pretty sure Kobe2odom8 is number 1 right now.And LOL@ Tom Dwan not doing anything. What a moronic statement.
Im referring to tournament play, everyone on the list except himself has accomplished some sort of feat on the tourney trail. This is why he doesnt belong at #4. Further down the list sure.
Im referring to tournament play, everyone on the list except himself has accomplished some sort of feat on the tourney trail. This is why he doesnt belong at #4. Further down the list sure.
"Im confused on the criteria for this list, but Tom Dwan at #4 is just plain stupid. What has he done to be on this list at all? He plays high stakes cash games thats all. Anyone with alot of money can play high stakes poker. No quality tournament placings whatsoever. "Oops
"Im confused on the criteria for this list, but Tom Dwan at #4 is just plain stupid. What has he done to be on this list at all? He plays high stakes cash games thats all. Anyone with alot of money can play high stakes poker. No quality tournament placings whatsoever. "Oops
My first statement about him not being on the list at all, was based on the fact everyone else has accomplished many poker feats other than just playing cash games. Such as a combination of quality tourney placings and known as an all-around quality player. With my 2nd reply i agree that if the list is about popularity right now in the poker world put him up there.
My first statement about him not being on the list at all, was based on the fact everyone else has accomplished many poker feats other than just playing cash games. Such as a combination of quality tourney placings and known as an all-around quality player. With my 2nd reply i agree that if the list is about popularity right now in the poker world put him up there.
I think we can all agree that your first post was asinine and that you are busy pulling your foot out of your mouth right now.No worries, it happens to the best of us.
Keeping it has to be at least part of the goal.
I guess I should have used the word profit. Tom Dwan has profited millions of dollars playing poker.
The goal of poker is to make money. Tom Dwan has made millions of dollars dominating both online and live cash games.
andddd elky should be way higher than 8 imo
However, while only at #2 here, Patrik Antonius retains his #1 ranking for the 433 consecutive week on the Tiger Beat cutest poker player of the week charts.
that's stupid.kobe2odom8>antonius
So what has Antonius done in tournament play?

I like the idea of ESPN having a list that ppl can debate on. A top 25 list would add a lot more flow from top to bottom month to month for the list I think.

I like the idea of ESPN having a list that ppl can debate on. A top 25 list would add a lot more flow from top to bottom month to month for the list I think.
They should have acual players pick top 25 lists, so you get to compare thoughts of people who actually have the most information to make the most educated choices...

LOL at having to do well in Tourney play to be considered a top pro. Just because it is the most public and easily tracked statistic doesn't mean it makes you the best.And REALLY LOL at people who think that the only thing between them and the top pros is having a sufficient bankroll.

that's stupid.kobe2odom8>antonius
See, you gotta remember I'm still a relative fringe player here. So I don't know what people look like and what not. Plus don't blame me, blame Tiger Beat. It's their poll :club:
And REALLY LOL at people who think that the only thing between them and the top pros is having a sufficient bankroll.
That and a schtick. That's about it though. Right? Right??
Are you a dscoot joke account?