I was watching some replays of events on tv last week and caught some early footage of Arieh. Maybe it is just me but the guy was even an ******* back then. I agree he is an accomplished player but he gets on people at the table for little stuff. If he thinks someone takes to long or just about anything, he belittles them. I think what needs to happen is one of these days someone needs to pull him outside and teach him some manners.

Have you ever read Josh's blog. In his blog he has apoligised for his behaviour towards Harry. Also, if you read his blog you would know Josh has also been the victim of some very suspect editing.

Have you ever read Josh's blog. In his blog he has apoligised for his behaviour towards Harry. Also, if you read his blog you would know Josh has also been the victim of some very suspect editing.
ey dude, can i get a link for that please
Its in his first or second blog entry I believe.
damnnn i just cant find it loland he just doesnt excite me to read that much about him heh...everytime i think josh arieh.. i think of that asswipe who behaved like twice the asswipe on the main event.but seriously, if he really was apologetic, then good for him.everyone deserves a second chance.lol. im sounding like doctor phil here...this isnt very rocks and rings of me lol

Apologising is no substitute for acting with class in the first place...As for suspect editing.... They didn't pick the words out of different sentences and then put them all together... He actually said and did those things. They might have been 10 minutes in 3 days of play, but they actually happened.If you act like a classless toss pot (a la Matusow) then it'll make the broadcast and you deserve to have rocks thrown at you (Metaphorically, or in Matusow's case, literally).Anyhow, I guess we'll see a lot of him on this years coverage so time will tell if he's mellowed/learned how to act like a grown up.

As for suspect editing....  They didn't pick the  words out of different sentences and then put them all together...  .
Actually, they did. Read his first blog on Saturday.
this isnt very rocks and rings of me lol
Isn't that Esfandiari's site? (rocks and rings) That site makes him look like a dork, and not the kind of dork I love.

This is from one of Josh's blog entries over the weekend"On a side note, yesterday I had a reporter come over to the house and he wanted to watch the coverage from last years WSOP and get my take on it. Sadly enough, every time I watch it, it makes me want to puke. I can’t stand the way I was portrayed and it also stings seeing how close I was to my dream. Yesterday I noticed two things that really bothered me about the coverage. First was in one of my interviews from the back room, they very noticeably splice pieces of different parts of an interview into one sentence. I forget which one it was, but it ended in me saying “my opponents have no chance”. I knew I didn’t remember saying that and I finally received conformation of it yesterday. If you watch, for half of my sentence I am playing with chips, then they cut away to a picture of my family and when it returns to my interview, my hands are comfortably resting under my chin. I knew editing was powerful, but they are putting words into my mouth that were never said. Oh well, look how bad they look now!!!! "

Its called competitve spirit. As a winning Poker player, one must use any edge you can muster to win an event. Even if its being televised, I assume most good players are playing without thinking about the fact there is a T.V camera in their face the whole time.

This is from one of Josh's blog entries over the weekend"On a side note, yesterday I had a reporter come over to the house and he wanted to watch the coverage from last years WSOP and get my take on it. Sadly enough, every time I watch it, it makes me want to puke. I can’t stand the way I was portrayed and it also stings seeing how close I was to my dream. Yesterday I noticed two things that really bothered me about the coverage. First was in one of my interviews from the back room, they very noticeably splice pieces of different parts of an interview into one sentence. I forget which one it was, but it ended in me saying “my opponents have no chance”. I knew I didn’t remember saying that and I finally received conformation of it yesterday. If you watch, for half of my sentence I am playing with chips, then they cut away to a picture of my family and when it returns to my interview, my hands are comfortably resting under my chin. I knew editing was powerful, but they are putting words into my mouth that were never said. Oh well, look how bad they look now!!!! "
I read somewhere (here perhaps?) that Ellix Powers' famous statement that he lost like $2500 a penny at a time was innaccurate. After he said it he realized that he misspoke because he really lost it about $0.25 at time but in pennies. He told them that too but they apparantly did not care about the truth seeing as how they never showed the correction.Welcome to the new "reality tv".

nikki_N

Isn't that Esfandiari's site? (rocks and rings) That site makes him look like a dork, and not the kind of dork I love.
yes it is. my friend showed me that article too. What a arseclown.jpg
Josh Arieh is wrong here...he did say it....there is no continuity error when he makes that statement.....unless ESPN got George Lucas to do the scene....Yes Josh.....you did act like that on TV......you did...that's ok...you are still a great player and one of my fav's....
Josh Arieh is wrong here...he did say it....there is no continuity error when he makes that statement.....unless ESPN got George Lucas to do the scene....Yes Josh.....you did act like that on TV......you did...that's ok...you are still a great player and one of my fav's....
He may have said that but you don't know what context it was in, that could have only been one half of the sentence. Maybe his whole sentence was "If I'm playing my very best my opponents have no chance." In that case what's wrong with that? He's confident and he should be, he's a good player. I think ESPN gave him a pretty bad image, even though some of it was deserving, they made it seem much worse.

not defending what Josh said...but as DN has pointed out...Josh is an extremely competitive guy and when ur in something as competitive as that with the stakes that high you tend to do and say things you may not totally mean. The difference between Josh and probably half the great sports players is that Josh was unlucky to have a camera in his face. Can you imagine what is being said in say a basketball or football game? Things happen in the heat of the moment.

I was watching some replays of events on tv last week and caught some early footage of Arieh. Maybe it is just me but the guy was even an censored back then. I agree he is an accomplished player but he gets on people at the table for little stuff. If he thinks someone takes to long or just about anything, he belittles them. I think what needs to happen is one of these days someone needs to pull him outside and teach him some manners.
I'm sure with your extensive online experience, playing naked on your computer in your mom's basement, with broen ballstains on the chair, that you behave much better.Mabye you should be the one to sack up, and take him outside, and be the teacher. Better yet, why don't you just end your existance on the planet and society would be much better off.The gene pool needs some chlorine.

i wasnt a big fan of josh's after the wsop. having read some of his blogs ,and listening to the way dn has defended him, i have changed my mind...i gotta say i like josh and i respect the fact that he's a huge competitor...maybe he got a little carried away,but i don't know how we could be so judgemental without being in his shoes...i'd like to say that i would handle myself like a perfect gentleman,but i really dont know unless i was in that position..although i did break my mouse after being busted out of 20 $ sitngo on stars a few weeks ago lol...so i guess i already have my answer..i guess im saying ,let's give the guy a break, who among us is perfect<except for smash>... ^umm ya sw..

While it is easy to see why people may have been a little turned off by Josh in his WSOP TV portrayal...but when you really think about it...he didn't do anything that bad. He got fired up, talked a little smack (called needling). He is an intense guy...much like any athlete that you see that can lose his cool from time to time in the heat of the moment.I find Fishman flopping onto the poker table, Antonio waving his goddamn arms, Mike Matusow in general...all much more embarrasing, disrespectful, and frankly annoying.I liked Josh at the WSOP...and while I probably wouldn't do a few things he did...I also probably would be guilty of some as well. Most of those things were not uncommon at a poker table.If you haven't read his blog, you are really missing out. Not only does he have some great stories...and he really shows you what he is all about in the blog. He is a down to earth dude, quite humble in some respects, a family man, and a fiery competitor at the poker table. He got a bad rap, and everyone else has just jumped on the bandwagon....the funny part is that its Norman Chads bandwagon everyone is jumping on....Same guy who ripped James Vogl...give me a break...