you know you're playing a fish when he says...

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(sorry, doing this from memory)Yesterday on stars....I'm dealt 99, call a raise pf, going to the flop it's heads up:flop QJ9, I bet pot, he calls.turn J, I bet pot again, he min raises, I reraise, he calls.river Q, I bet he calls, showing AJ.I say: wow, unrealFish: Shut up idiot. Since when do we play without a turn and river, the best hand always wins.

Guest XXEddie

not a fish statemnet but this was still hilarioushappened to me an hour agome and someone else got in an arguement and he goes"Dude, you have no life, its friday night and youre playing internet poker"me-"and youre doing what""other stuff"too good

Guest XXEddie
You Know that you are playing a Fish when they post dumb threads like this
your just upset cause youre the fish in half of these
not a fish statemnet but this was still hilarioushappened to me an hour agome and someone else got in an arguement and he goes"Dude, you have no life, its friday night and youre playing internet poker"me-"and youre doing what""other stuff"too good
awesome.
You Know that you are playing a Fish when they post dumb threads like this
your just upset cause youre the fish in half of these
zinggggggggg
1-2 NLI have KQ on a K-6-3 rainbow. I bet out, get reaised, and reraise. The guy sits in the tank for five, six, seven, eight minutes, eventually I finally call the clock on him and he immediately calls. I figure if can call my bet and reraise I am in trouble so I am done with the hand. We check it down and he slow-rolls K6o for flopped top two. I asked him why it took him so long to call with top two (especially since he did not get any more value out of the hand)."I was trying to decide if you had K3 or a set. I figured if you put me all-in on the turn you would have a set."And this had WHAT to do with taking a long time to call the flop?
Who's supposed to be the "fish" in this story?
yeah i was also confused to who was the fish

I love this post... this is great stuff... I use this crap all the time... I have oen or two really expensive shirts that I where when I go play poker... or I where my leafs jersey ( I am a little skinny white kid) so people think or assume that I am a want to be DN.... I start asking question or betting way out of turn... giving off way obvious tells... if some mentions something about odds... I ask about them, and they normally give me some lame excuse of a wrong answer... then I apply it incorrectly.. and people wow he is a fish.. and try to make moves on me.. by the time I leave I typically leave up, and my parting words are : wow this game is pretty easy, or must be beginners luck.... this will work for about 1 week they some of the regulars catch on... so I move to a different club... come back a month or 2 later and do it all over again... moral is not to assume that the fish is really a fish, and to be able to repaint the picture after an image changehow do you think Jen Harman made all her money... everyone knows women can't play poker right? lol

Party's shootout with 15/30 blinds. MP raises t90 and gets two callers (CO and BB). Flop comes 4-K-7, two clubs. Pot's about 300, BB goes all in for about 265. MP calls, CO folds. MP shows AJ of clubs for the flush draw, BB shows a red 5-4 for bottom pair. Bottom pair holds up.MP says "Great bet. You should go pro."BB says "I had to."

NL $100 (party), I raise on the button with :diamondsk: :diamondsj: to $5 when 3 limpers in front, all fold except this 45% vpip guy. Flop comes :clubsk: :heartsj: :clubs5: He checks, I bet $8, he calls.Turn :spades6:He checks, I bet $20, he calls.River :clubs10:He checks, I check.He flips over :clubs2: :clubs3: for the flush.Now, I say, "awesome, sweet check on the end"He says, "Well, I was afraid that you hit a flush" haha
this is honestly now one of my favorite stories...amazing..
NL $100 (party), I raise on the button with :diamondsk: :diamondsj: to $5 when 3 limpers in front, all fold except this 45% vpip guy. Flop comes :clubsk: :heartsj: :clubs5: He checks, I bet $8, he calls.Turn :spades6:He checks, I bet $20, he calls.River :clubs10:He checks, I check.He flips over :clubs2: :clubs3: for the flush.Now, I say, "awesome, sweet check on the end"He says, "Well, I was afraid that you hit a flush" haha
this is honestly now one of my favorite stories...amazing..
$71 pot (plus blinds) and he's holding the 3 hi flush, I would've checked in his spot too. His call preflop was a little suspect though, lol.
$71 pot (plus blinds) and he's holding the 3 hi flush, I would've checked in his spot too. His call preflop was a little suspect though, lol.
No other streets were suspect? My son, you are a fish.
after the flop and the turn he was getting over 2 to 1 odds on his money. With 4 to a flush, those calls were good. Learn the game before you call someone a fish, donk.
after the flop and the turn he was getting over 2 to 1 odds on his money. With 4 to a flush, those calls were good. Learn the game before you call someone a fish, donk.
Are you serious?
Guest XXEddie
you should take your own advice
Are you serious?
Of course I'm serious, is that all you got?
I do take my own advice, and I do quite well, thank you.
I do take my own advice, and I do quite well, thank you.
Ok, so, what are the odds that you will hit the flush on the turn or the river?
Guest XXEddie
Ill just shut up up nowon the flop there are $12 in the pot (2 limp/folded, Hero and Vilans $5)Hero bets $8 meaning Villan is getting 3-2 on the call, which is less then 4-1, which are the odds of hitting the flush on the next card, bad callTurn $28 in pot, Hero bets $20, again now Villan is getting worse than 3-2, so that is an even more horrible call
Ill just shut up up nowon the flop there are $12 in the pot (2 limp/folded, Hero and Vilans $5)Hero bets $8 meaning Villan is getting 3-2 on the call, which is less then 4-1, which are the odds of hitting the flush on the next card, bad callTurn $28 in pot, Hero bets $20, again now Villan is getting worse than 3-2, so that is an even more horrible call
But he was getting 2-1 on his money Eddie!!! Gosh, donk. (sw)
But he was getting 2-1 on his money Eddie!!! Gosh, donk. (sw)
NL $100 (party), I raise on the button with to $5 when 3 limpers in front, all fold except this 45% vpip guy.I misread this and thought he had 3 limpers on the flop. My bad, after rereading it I see the mistake I made. He did not have sufficient odds to call the post flop bets, IMHO. Please excuse my error. I'm man enough to admit I mad a mistake, sorry for the confusion. Thank you for correcting me in this matter.