*official* Fantasy Football 2009 Discussion Thread

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IF you want to trade someone , it should be like kevin smith... that's a more fair trade. Not everyone agree's with me on smith's value, but he's not splitting carries with anyone. and he's closer to where Roddy white would be picked than forte is.

I suggested either Fred Taylor and Jason Witten(I have Shiancoe as a backup) for Roddy White or Fred Taylor and Reggie Bush for Roddy White.Thoughts?
Two for one usually works in your favor - here, both those deals would be good for you. Talk up the fact that Pierre Thomas is hurt and Bush may get most of the carries.There's no way I would trade Forte for Roddy straight up even though you need help at WR.
IF you want to trade someone , it should be like kevin smith... that's a more fair trade. Not everyone agree's with me on smith's value, but he's not splitting carries with anyone. and he's closer to where Roddy white would be picked than forte is.
I don't know. The coaches have been talking up Morris a lot the last couple weeks. They seem to think him and Smith are a grear tandem that will establish a great run game. Personally I don't see it because of his comments last week where he said that he doesn't care, he will go in when told, he is not fighting for carries. I think that is a piss poor attitude and it provides no motivation for Smith to work harder to keep his carries up. But the coaches have been pushing for them splitting carries.

I'm in two keeper leagues one of which just started this year and the setup is dressing 2 qbs each week. Considering it's a keeper league i picked up on great younger and still in prime wr' such as fitz, and megatron. I also picked up chris johnson, the problem is while i was doing this everyone else was goin crazy on qb's in the first three rounds. I just kept with my game plan cuz it's ppr and there is some good qb's in next years draft and so i ended up with big ben, farve, and stafford as my qb's. So the question i'm posing is which two to dress for week 1? Stafford being named the starter intrigues me goin against NO considering they will be quite behind so should i sit farve? possibley sit ben??? any thoughts?

My FCP team (10 team league/standard scoring):QB---Philip RiversWR---Calvin JohnsonWR---Reggie WayneWR---DeSean JacksonRB---Maurice Jones-DrewRB---Darren McFaddenTE---Tony GonzalezK---Jason ElamD---San DiegoBench:Ray RiceCedric BensonJerricho CotcheryBrett FavreChris HenryHakeem NicksI dont think I am going to keep McFadden in the starting lineup for week 1. Benson has the Broncos D, Rice has the Chiefs D. I am leaning towards Rice but some part of me likes anyone against the Broncos. Thoughts?

This is a second work league I'm in, with a fairly insane set of rules... WR's tend to be more important than RB's in this league because of the number you can start (up to 4) so getting depth at that position is pretty crucial. Instead of defense/st we play 4 defensive players (one lineman, 1 linebacker, and two secondary players) and there is an OP slot which is any offensive player usually making you run 2 QB's, and we even get a head coach who gets you point based on his teams wins/losses. QB Donovan McNabbRB Ryan GrantRB Darren McFaddenRB/WR DeSean JacksonWR Larry FitzgeraldWR Calvin JohnsonWR/TE Anthony GonzalezTE Jason WittenOP Carson PalmerLB DeMarcus WareDL Mario WilliamsDB Troy PolamaluDB Adrian WilsonK Mason CrosbyHC Steelers Coach, Pit HC**** Bench ****QB Matthew StaffordQB Mark SanchezRB Felix JonesRB Glen CoffeeRB Cadillac WilliamsRB Edgerrin JamesWR Josh Morgan WR Jeremy MaclinWR Hakeem NicksWR Chris HenryTE Martellus BennettS Ed ReedLB Bart ScottK Joe NedneyI picked up Edge and Cadillac really late in the draft and hoping they pan out, and if Gore goes down Coffee could end up being huge for me. Just having trouble deciding who to start week 1.

My FCP team (10 team league/standard scoring):QB---Philip RiversWR---Calvin JohnsonWR---Reggie WayneWR---DeSean JacksonRB---Maurice Jones-DrewRB---Darren McFaddenTE---Tony GonzalezK---Jason ElamD---San DiegoBench:Ray RiceCedric BensonJerricho CotcheryBrett FavreChris HenryHakeem NicksI dont think I am going to keep McFadden in the starting lineup for week 1. Benson has the Broncos D, Rice has the Chiefs D. I am leaning towards Rice but some part of me likes anyone against the Broncos. Thoughts?
Get Rice in that lineup stat.
I'm in two keeper leagues one of which just started this year and the setup is dressing 2 qbs each week. Considering it's a keeper league i picked up on great younger and still in prime wr' such as fitz, and megatron. I also picked up chris johnson, the problem is while i was doing this everyone else was goin crazy on qb's in the first three rounds. I just kept with my game plan cuz it's ppr and there is some good qb's in next years draft and so i ended up with big ben, farve, and stafford as my qb's. So the question i'm posing is which two to dress for week 1? Stafford being named the starter intrigues me goin against NO considering they will be quite behind so should i sit farve? possibley sit ben??? any thoughts?
Roeth and Favre for me...give the rookie a week on the bench and see what he can do. If this is a start 2 QB league you definitely waited a bit too long to grab a QB :club: I did a similar strategy in our startup dynasty draft (waiting on QB). But I still got Matt Ryan and Roeth in the late rounds as my 1/2 punch.
Not only should you put in Rice this week, I would posit that with Rice and Benson on the team, you should never start McFadden unless you land yourself with two BYEs at the same time or someone gets hurt.Quick question, folks, I have a team in a league that's QB/3WR/TE/RB/RB-WR flex. Who do I start in the RB/WR flex spot: Addai or Mike Bell?
Roeth and Favre for me...give the rookie a week on the bench and see what he can do. If this is a start 2 QB league you definitely waited a bit too long to grab a QB :club: I did a similar strategy in our startup dynasty draft (waiting on QB). But I still got Matt Ryan and Roeth in the late rounds as my 1/2 punch.
Yea I'll do that and ben worked out for me last night (thank god sacks don't count negative in this particular league). I know it's way early but i'm just curious as to which order do you place next year's crop out of Bradford, Mccoy, Tebow, and Snead. My main motivation for waiting was because they'll probably go next year and Brees and Brady were picked b4 my first pick.
Not only should you put in Rice this week, I would posit that with Rice and Benson on the team, you should never start McFadden unless you land yourself with two BYEs at the same time or someone gets hurt.Quick question, folks, I have a team in a league that's QB/3WR/TE/RB/RB-WR flex. Who do I start in the RB/WR flex spot: Addai or Mike Bell?
I would go with bell cuz i'm sure NO will be up lots early and they'll be running out tha clock whilst perserving Bush, also tha jags always seem to play tha colts tough.Also who do you people think has more upside Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt? I was thinking Nicks to take over tha Burress loss but after last night seeing Britt go for 85 (and what woulda been another 40 and score if it weren't for Polamau's pick), I'm kinda likin Britt cuz tha titan's seem to open up tha play action deep shot often enough. They sure seemed like they were targeting him. I've got Nicks in one of my leagues whom i picked up quite late and i picked up Britt with my second last pick on both leagues

I think McFadden should be a start at some point in the season, if he's getting a lot of carries. Not this week against SD, but I think by the end of the year, he'll be a start. Rice should get some yards against KC obv, but I think Benson is a good start against Denver, he's not splitting carries at all and denver's defense is terrible. I love palmer in that game, I'm starting him over romo.

I have a question for ya'll.. Tim Hightower or Mike Bell?
Mike Bell, I think; see the above poster's logic on Bell vs. Addai, plus, is Hightower even the every-down back for Arizona? I feel like no, and I also feel like that O is at least as pass-happy as New Orleans.
Mike Bell, I think; see the above poster's logic on Bell vs. Addai, plus, is Hightower even the every-down back for Arizona? I feel like no, and I also feel like that O is at least as pass-happy as New Orleans.
He is the starter, and goal line back. Wells has been banged up in the pre season.
He is the starter, and goal line back. Wells has been banged up in the pre season.
Upon further review, you're right; that said, I still like Bell better. The Arizona running game doesn't really get me that excited. Not completely sure of it, though.
Not only should you put in Rice this week, I would posit that with Rice and Benson on the team, you should never start McFadden unless you land yourself with two BYEs at the same time or someone gets hurt.
Do not agree with this. Dmac is going to break out this year. Providing he avoids the injury bug he should be a start over Benson on most weeks. It's a little closer this week cause Benson is facing a terrible rush D...but Benson is not a good NFL RB. In fact he sucks. It would never surprise me to see him lose his starting job cause of lack of talent alone. Only reason he has some value is because there is nobody else with proven talent to steal the carries. He will score points from volume alone. It's the question of higher floor lower ceiling (Benson) vs lower floor higher ceiling (DMC). I go for the higher ceiling.
Devin Hester or Ronnie Brown this week for the flex spot? I think it's really close.
Brown...and it is not really close :club: