*official* Fantasy Football 2009 Discussion Thread

Lendale looked good in the first preseason game. I think he's going to be more active in the lineup than a lot of people imagine, and is going to devalue CJ to the end of the first round, because he's going to continue to get goal line carries. Just my read.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you are getting the best of that trade. Daniels is not that far away from Gonzalez. TG is going into a new team with a new system, and he is like 33-34. Last year the Falcons did not use their TE at all, obviously they are going to change that, but if it doesn't work well, the coaches will revert back to what worked last year. Throw in Lendale White, who should be your starting flex over Ginn Clayton etc. and I think you should take it. TE's can usually be found throughout the year on waivers.ESPN's projectionsTony G. ranked #1 76rec 901yds 7tdDaniels ranked #5 72rec 888yds 4tdLendale White 716yds 7td
There is no way you can justify getting any of his other 3 RBs for Tony G so that is out. (You could ask for Thomas instead but he should laugh at you.)I still see Lendale picking up a lot of TDs this year so I would think about making the trade. I dont see McGahee giving you much.....and Leon Washington wont get quite enough touches to start consistently.Owen Daniels is not the worst option ever at TE so I would think long and hard about this trade.
Lendale looked good in the first preseason game. I think he's going to be more active in the lineup than a lot of people imagine, and is going to devalue CJ to the end of the first round, because he's going to continue to get goal line carries. Just my read.
Damn vulture! I would end to agree on Lendale. O/U of 7 TD's i'd go over. Not sure about 15+ this time around but you never know. He lost a lot of weight so we'll see if it changes him at all. That O-line makes any RB look good so he'll probably continue to punch it in.

I doubt I will take this trade but since you all seem to enjoy analyzing them I figured I would post it in case I am missing something...My teamDonovan McNabb QBJay Cutler QBMatt Forte RBBrandon Jacobs RBMarshawn Lynch RB Calvin Johnson WRSantana Moss WRDeSean Jackson WRKevin Walter WRMichael Jenkins WRJeremy Shockey TEBrandon Pettigrew TEThe Trade ProposalMatt RyanLTDevin Hesterfor McNabbD. Jackson

The Trade ProposalMatt RyanLTDevin Hesterfor McNabbD. Jackson
I like it, but I am higher on Tomlinson than most. I think you would be fine with Cutler and Ryan, but you have some question marks at RB with Lynch and Jacobs, and even Forte to an extent (sophomore slump) that LT could help with. WR would be a little thin having to rely on Moss/Walter/Jenkins but I think at least one of those three will emerge as a solid #2 just might have to wait and see who it is.
I like it, but I am higher on Tomlinson than most. I think you would be fine with Cutler and Ryan, but you have some question marks at RB with Lynch and Jacobs, and even Forte to an extent (sophomore slump) that LT could help with. WR would be a little thin having to rely on Moss/Walter/Jenkins but I think at least one of those three will emerge as a solid #2 just might have to wait and see who it is.
I like that trade too. I think LT has number one over all up side. He's an injury risk, but a forte/LT 1-2 could carry you to victory, and giving up mcnabb is no big deal. You're a little weak at WR without DJ, but LT/Forte and a BJ/ML flex is a lethal combo that makes up for it. I say make it and don't think twice.
I like that trade too. I think LT has number one over all up side. He's an injury risk, but a forte/LT 1-2 could carry you to victory, and giving up mcnabb is no big deal. You're a little weak at WR without DJ, but LT/Forte and a BJ/ML flex is a lethal combo that makes up for it. I say make it and don't think twice.
Done deal. Thanks for the advice.

I'm just getting into FF; I figure I should be decent, since I've followed football closely for a while, but not great, since I'm new to a lot of the nuance and strategy.This team is for a 10-team league, standard snake draft:QB: Peyton Manning (21)RB: Adrian Peterson (1), Clinton Portis (20)WR: Dwayne Bowe (40), Brandon Marshall (41), Hines Ward (60)TE: Owen Daniels (61)K: David Akers (180)DEF: NYJ (161)BENCH:QB: Carson Palmer (81), Joe Flacco (140)RB: Cedric Benson (80), Ahmad Bradshaw (121), Fred Jackson (101)WR: Lance Moore (100), Mushin Muhammad (120), Greg Camarillo (160), Justin Gage (181)TE: Dustin Keller (141)ETA: Analysis. I'm obviously in pretty good shape RB-wise, and hopefully Peyton will be decent, but I don't love my WRs. Marshall on the Broncos scares me, and I'm not that high on KC; OTOH, the AFC West sucks at pass d in general excepting maybe SD, so it might not be that bad. Hopefully one of Moore, Muhammad, and Camarillo turns into a stud.

Did an auction draft on ESPN for fun/practice. Team below with dollar amount paid:QB Peyton Manning 27 RB Maurice Jones-Drew 56 RB Jamal Lewis 7 RB/WR Terrell Owens 19 WR Andre Johnson 42 WR Randy Moss 33 TE Greg Olsen 2 D/ST Ravens D/ST 1 K Jason Elam 1 BE T.J. Duckett 1 BE Cedric Benson 3 BE Ben Roethlisberger 3 BE Donald Driver 1 BE Chris Wells 2 BE Anthony Fasano 1BE Steve Breaston 1

What do you guys think about this trade?Send: Terrell Owens, and Darren SprolesGet: Roddy White, and Darren McFaddenMy RB's are Matt Forte, Larry Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, Cedric Benson, Ray Rice, and Maybe Darren McFadden.My Recievers are Wes Welker Lee Evans, Jermey Maclin, and maybe Roddy White.10 Team League no PPR

What do you guys think about this trade?Send: Terrell Owens, and Darren SprolesGet: Roddy White, and Darren McFaddenMy RB's are Matt Forte, Larry Johnson, Knowshon Moreno, Cedric Benson, Ray Rice, and Maybe Darren McFadden.My Recievers are Wes Welker Lee Evans, Jermey Maclin, and maybe Roddy White.10 Team League no PPR
I would do the trade because TO and White are a wash and McFadden is better option than Sproles.
I would do the trade because TO and White are a wash and McFadden is better option than Sproles.
I would do the trade because I think White will be better than TO this year.<-- pessimistic Bills fan.Sproles will be huge if LT gets hurt, but beyond that, McFadden is probably a better player to have also.
Run, don't walk, to the site, and accept that trade.

I think the average drafter that doesn't follow too closely or just goes off of last years stats are vastly underestimating what Dmac will do this year. I recently drafted Dmac in a startup dynasty league as my RB1 (I started out WR-WR with CJ2(Megatron) and Bowe). If Michael Bush happens to be on your waiver wire I would grab him right away. His is a good high ceiling insurance pick in case Run DMC has injury problems.

We have an opening in Sloshr's $75 playoffs included league. Sloshr is an FCP'er and there are a couple other FCP'ers in the league already.The league runs all 17 NFL weeks with a $10 sidepot for the weekly high score and a payout for the seasons top scorer. Then at the end of the year the top 4 teams get to keep 4-7ish players that are on playoff teams, and then there is a playoff draft to top off everybody's roster.Our league playoffs run during the NFL playoffs straight through to the superbowl (we manually score in excel).It's pretty awesome. Anyone interested?

I think the average drafter that doesn't follow too closely or just goes off of last years stats are vastly underestimating what Dmac will do this year. I recently drafted Dmac in a startup dynasty league as my RB1 (I started out WR-WR with CJ2(Megatron) and Bowe). If Michael Bush happens to be on your waiver wire I would grab him right away. His is a good high ceiling insurance pick in case Run DMC has injury problems.
McFadden looked fantastic in his first preseason game too. I think he could have a big year (and the AFC West is garbage which helps).Love the Megatron nickname.
Love the Megatron nickname.
Roy Williams gave him that nickname and even after he left it stuck. I am racking my brain trying to remember the nickname Roy gave himself at the same time. I will miss hearing him call in to the local sports radio show every monday at 5:15 but not him as a player.

My team in a 12 team keeper league. My 4 keepers were Brady, McFadden, Jones and Wayne. Kevin Jones and Cowboys D/ST were auto picks because I had to leave the draft. I'm a bit concerned about who my top 3 RB's should be every week. McFadden for sure, Jones is going to be a home run threat for the Cowboys but may not get that many touches, and same for Bush. QB Tom Brady, NE QBRB Darren McFadden, Oak RBRB Felix Jones, Dal RBRB/WR Reggie Bush, NO RBWR Reggie Wayne, Ind WRWR Dwayne Bowe, KC WRTE Kellen Winslow, TB TED/ST Steelers D/ST, Pit D/STK John Kasay, Car KBench Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ WRBench Fred Jackson, Buf RBBench Tim Hightower, Ari RBBench Joe Flacco, Bal QBBench Tashard Choice, Dal RB PBench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WRBench Martellus Bennett, Dal TEBench Edgerrin James, Sea RBBench Cowboys D/ST, Dal D/STBench Kevin Jones, Chi RB

My team in a 12 team keeper league. My 4 keepers were Brady, McFadden, Jones and Wayne. Kevin Jones and Cowboys D/ST were auto picks because I had to leave the draft. I'm a bit concerned about who my top 3 RB's should be every week. McFadden for sure, Jones is going to be a home run threat for the Cowboys but may not get that many touches, and same for Bush. QB Tom Brady, NE QBRB Darren McFadden, Oak RBRB Felix Jones, Dal RBRB/WR Reggie Bush, NO RBWR Reggie Wayne, Ind WRWR Dwayne Bowe, KC WRTE Kellen Winslow, TB TED/ST Steelers D/ST, Pit D/STK John Kasay, Car KBench Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ WRBench Fred Jackson, Buf RBBench Tim Hightower, Ari RBBench Joe Flacco, Bal QBBench Tashard Choice, Dal RB PBench Jeremy Maclin, Phi WRBench Martellus Bennett, Dal TEBench Edgerrin James, Sea RBBench Cowboys D/ST, Dal D/STBench Kevin Jones, Chi RB
I have a similar situation in the new dynasty league that I just drafted in. However I got Michael Bush to backup DMac and Goodson to backup Stewart (with no Tashard Choice). And my other RB is a bit of an injury concern too. Fortunately it's only a start 2 league and for my flex I can start a 2nd QB or 4th WR (Big Ben or Lee Evans).Bush, Michael OAK RB - 9 9.09Charles, Jamaal KCC RB - 8 14.02Goodson, Mike CAR RB ® (P) - 4 17.06Jones, Felix DAL RB - 6 6.02McFadden, Darren OAK RB - 9 3.09Parker, Willie PIT RB - 8 10.03Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB (Q) - 4 6.01Here's to a big season for Dmac and Felix!

my first fantasy draft, against the fcp armyfeedback?Round: 1** (3) DNA's Delinquents - Maurice Jones-Drew RBRound: 2** (22) DNA's Delinquents - Clinton Portis RBRound: 3** (27) DNA's Delinquents - Aaron Rodgers QBRound: 4** (46) DNA's Delinquents - Roy E. Williams WRRound: 5** (51) DNA's Delinquents - Anthony Gonzalez WRRound: 6** (70) DNA's Delinquents - Santonio Holmes WRRound: 7** (75) DNA's Delinquents - Cedric Benson RBRound: 8** (94) DNA's Delinquents - Donnie Avery WRRound: 9** (99) DNA's Delinquents - John Carlson TERound: 10** (118) DNA's Delinquents - David Garrard QBRound: 11** (123) DNA's Delinquents - Tim Hightower RBRound: 12** (142) DNA's Delinquents - Bo Scaife TERound: 13** (147) DNA's Delinquents - Ladell Betts RBRound: 14** (166) DNA's Delinquents - Rob Bironas KRound: 15** (171) DNA's Delinquents - Cowboys D/ST D/STRound: 16** (190) DNA's Delinquents - Joe Nedney K

my first fantasy draft, against the fcp armyfeedback?Round: 1** (3) DNA's Delinquents - Maurice Jones-Drew RBRound: 2** (22) DNA's Delinquents - Clinton Portis RBRound: 3** (27) DNA's Delinquents - Aaron Rodgers QBRound: 4** (46) DNA's Delinquents - Roy E. Williams WRRound: 5** (51) DNA's Delinquents - Anthony Gonzalez WRRound: 6** (70) DNA's Delinquents - Santonio Holmes WRRound: 7** (75) DNA's Delinquents - Cedric Benson RBRound: 8** (94) DNA's Delinquents - Donnie Avery WRRound: 9** (99) DNA's Delinquents - John Carlson TERound: 10** (118) DNA's Delinquents - David Garrard QBRound: 11** (123) DNA's Delinquents - Tim Hightower RBRound: 12** (142) DNA's Delinquents - Bo Scaife TERound: 13** (147) DNA's Delinquents - Ladell Betts RBRound: 14** (166) DNA's Delinquents - Rob Bironas KRound: 15** (171) DNA's Delinquents - Cowboys D/ST D/STRound: 16** (190) DNA's Delinquents - Joe Nedney K
your team name needs work.
your team name needs work.
My personal unexperienced fantasy opinion is i like my RB's, I like my QB, I'm sad I dont have a stud WR but got some middle of the road guys. Was really thinking I was going to get Shockey at TE cause there were a few auto drafters, but it got picked right before me which sent me to a time bank so settled on Carlson and not really happy about my TE BU. Defense is fair to midlin and Kickers are like whatever, I'm a huge titans fan so go bironas, hopefully Collins will help get you some attempts.In a 2 RB 2 WR with a Flex RB/WR I'm trying to decide if I like Hightower or Benson in the flex slot. Not sure what Holmes is going to do since he just got hurt, but supposedly not serious

My Fantasy league is QB/RB RB/WR WR WR/TE/D/K. 1/2 pt per reception league, 6pts for passing tds.My team:QB: BradyWR: Randy Moss, Braylon Edwards, Desean Jackson, Torry HoltRB: Marion Barber, Derrick Ward, Julius Jones, Cedric Benson, Knowshon Moreno, Donald Brown, Lesean McCoy, Fred JacksonTE: WittenD: GBK: UndraftedIt was much different than I expected it to go down. To say the least I think that this a very weak yr for RBs not named AP. I think there are like 15-20 decent rbs with not a ton of difference between them. I had pick 9 and took Tom Brady, first QB taken. I actually was going to take him at pick 2 so I'm fine with it. People in my league are catching on to the fact that awesome WRs crush with a .5pt/rec league and also RBs that get lots of catches so it was tough to maneuver. I took Moss with my 2nd pick, was vvvv close to taking Calvin instead, but I guess my season lies in if the Patriots will dominate like 2 yrs ago.So just wanted to share how my draft went, I have mixed feelings because usually I can get studsssss at WR. Last yr my WRs were AJ, Marshall, Jennings. I took Witten in rd 3 with Houz and Marsh still on the clock but iunno, thought it was tough decision. I felt like I could get Braylies and then Eddie Royal or Desean, Royal went right after braylies but I got Desean.Okay way too much analysis on my draft haha. I'm obv pumped.