I think Andrew was a top 4 talent. He just needed someone to help him choose songs. Once he has a good manager, he has the potential to be way more marketable than anyone else left.
100% agree, I kept saying it all season long that he seemed to have it right just couldn't get the song choice down.This season was pretty much a disappointment all around though. Except Ellen, I kind of look forward to hearing what she has to say. She's one of the funniest women on tv imo.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the good thing is that the four best are the top 4, not sure if that has happened before.I still hate that they do theme weeks this late in the competition. Just let them sing what they want, they have proven their ability, now lets see what they would do on their own.At this point it's probably Lee's to lose, Crystal could come back if she gets the right songs.I like Harry Conick Jr. I think he is a pretty funny and likable guy.
QFT
I think the good thing is that the four best are the top 4, not sure if that has happened before.I still hate that they do theme weeks this late in the competition. Just let them sing what they want, they have proven their ability, now lets see what they would do on their own.At this point it's probably Lee's to lose, Crystal could come back if she gets the right songs.I like Harry Conick Jr. I think he is a pretty funny and likable guy.
Agree with everything in this post. Theme weeks are really hurting Crystal and Casey a lot, and I'd have a beer with Harry Connick Jr. anytime.

If it wasn't for the personality of Harry Conick Jr. this weeks episodes could of been the worst in Idol history. Sinatra theme week was a diasater in regards to the performances. Casey was cringe worthy. Crystal had her worst week. The other three were meh at best. And don't get me started on Lady Gaga

I like Harry Conick Jr. I think he is a pretty funny and likable guy.
Wish he would do more movies. I thought he was excellent in Independence Day

I'm sure that the 'theme' weeks are purchased by the highest bidder.

I'm sure that the 'theme' weeks are purchased by the highest bidder.
Jaime Foxx must have a lot of extra dough. Second time for him next week.
I bet his record company does. Does he have a new album coming out?
I bet his record company does. Does he have a new album coming out?
lol...The result nights are all about promoting new albums and shit...Not sure if the "mentor" always has something new coming out, but it's just as much of a promo as anything.Have I mentioned how much I hate entertainment "news" shows? Up yours, Mary Hart.
Wish he would do more movies. I thought he was excellent in Independence Day
Much better as the serial killer in Copycat.Casey was beyond awful singing Sinatra. I stopped watching after that disgrace. My wife is happy Aaron is gone.
She's one of the funniest women on tv imo.
But lesbians aren't real women.
Seriously? If this is true then that is seriously pathetic. It's the final 3 - either do the judges picking songs week, or let them choose their own. Jamie Foxx is not a legitimate artist. Playing a musical icon in a film (Ray Charles) doesn't make you a musical icon.
But lesbians aren't real women.Seriously? If this is true then that is seriously pathetic. It's the final 3 - either do the judges picking songs week, or let them choose their own. Jamie Foxx is not a legitimate artist. Playing a musical icon in a film (Ray Charles) doesn't make you a musical icon.
i don't want to defend him but i'm pretty sure he has at least one number 1 singlei wouldn't be shocked if he's made more money making music than harry connick jr has
Seriously? If this is true then that is seriously pathetic. It's the final 3 - either do the judges picking songs week, or let them choose their own. Jamie Foxx is not a legitimate artist. Playing a musical icon in a film (Ray Charles) doesn't make you a musical icon.
It's actually final four. Final three is when the judges pick, isn't it? The home town thing. Anyway, I don't have a problem with movie week; it's not like any genre of music they want to do isn't represented. Hold on, I'll go find the list...Or, you know, I guess the producers can only give them 34 songs to choose from. I guess that can happen too.(Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes A Whole New World – Brad Kane & Lea Salonga Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In – The 5th Dimension Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do) – Christopher Cross Beauty and the Beast – Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson Can I Have This Dance – Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron & the Cast of HS Musical Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John & London Community Gospel Choir Can’t Fight the Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins Don’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross Evergreen – Barbra Streisand Eye of the Tiger – Survivor Flashdance (What a Feeling) – Irene Cara Footloose – Kenny Loggins Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman – Bryan Adams I’m Alright (Theme from Caddyshack) – Kenny Loggins Into the West – Howard Shore and Annie Lennox Iris – Goo Goo Dolls It Might Be You (from Tootsie) – Stephen Bishop Kiss From a Rose – Seal Let the Riverrun – Carly Simon Moon River (from Moon River) – Audrey Hepburn & Henry Mancini Mrs Robinson – Simon & Garfunkle My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion One Night Only – Jennifer Hudson, Deena Jones & The Dreams Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland Separate Lives – Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong Take My Breath Away (Love Theme from Top Gun) – Berlin Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes We Don’t Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) – Tina Turner You’ll Be in My Heart – Glenn Close & Phil Collins
It's actually final four. Final three is when the judges pick, isn't it? The home town thing. Anyway, I don't have a problem with movie week; it's not like any genre of music they want to do isn't represented. Hold on, I'll go find the list...Or, you know, I guess the producers can only give them 34 songs to choose from. I guess that can happen too.(Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life – Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes A Whole New World – Brad Kane & Lea Salonga Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In – The 5th Dimension Arthur’s Theme (Best That You Can Do) – Christopher Cross Beauty and the Beast – Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson Can I Have This Dance – Vanessa Hudgens, Zac Efron & the Cast of HS Musical Can You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John & London Community Gospel Choir Can’t Fight the Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes Danger Zone – Kenny Loggins - LeeDon’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds Endless Love – Lionel Richie & Diana Ross - MichaelEvergreen – Barbra Streisand Eye of the Tiger – Survivor -Really, I mean I love this song, but for AI?Flashdance (What a Feeling) – Irene Cara Footloose – Kenny Loggins - YES!! But no one will do it!Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman – Bryan Adams I’m Alright (Theme from Caddyshack) – Kenny Loggins - YES!! But no one will do it!Into the West – Howard Shore and Annie Lennox Iris – Goo Goo Dolls It Might Be You (from Tootsie) – Stephen Bishop Kiss From a Rose – Seal Let the Riverrun – Carly Simon Moon River (from Moon River) – Audrey Hepburn & Henry Mancini Mrs Robinson – Simon & Garfunkle My Heart Will Go On – Celine Dion One Night Only – Jennifer Hudson, Deena Jones & The Dreams Over the Rainbow – Judy Garland - CrystalSeparate Lives – Phil Collins and Marilyn Martin Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong Take My Breath Away (Love Theme from Top Gun) – Berlin Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes - CaseyWe Don’t Need Another Hero (Thunderdome) – Tina Turner You’ll Be in My Heart – Glenn Close & Phil Collins
My comments and guesses are above.
I have no guesses, but I'd like to see either Crystal or Lee sing Thunderdome.One of the Vote for the Worst bloggers was saying Harry Connick should take Simon's place next season. Randy looked a little annoyed when they played the clip of Harry saying that "pitchy" isn't a real word.
It's actually final four. Final three is when the judges pick, isn't it? The home town thing. Anyway, I don't have a problem with movie week; it's not like any genre of music they want to do isn't represented. Hold on, I'll go find the list...Or, you know, I guess the producers can only give them 34 songs to choose from. I guess that can happen too.(Everything I Do) I Do It For You – Bryan Adams - Casey/LeeCan You Feel the Love Tonight – Elton John & London Community Gospel Choir - MikeCan’t Fight the Moonlight – LeAnn Rimes - LeeDon’t You Forget About Me – Simple Minds - Casey/LeeKiss From a Rose – Seal - MikeOne Night Only – Jennifer Hudson, Deena Jones & The Dreams - CrystalOver the Rainbow – Judy Garland - Mike, the Israel Kamaoiebhwhwoeoke version?Summertime – Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Crystal - but didn't Katie sing this already this season?
I picked out a few possibilities for each contestant. I didn't have many to choose from, since I don't know most of those songs, or else they were just ridiculous (like ANYONE would sing 'Beauty and the Beast' or "A Whole New World" etc)
You could have gotten rid of the ones you didn't pick, Randy.
American Idol survey. Edit: From the survey:When you watch the recorded show, do you...Watch only Simon's comments and skip the other judges comments?Heh.
Those questions hit on quite a lot of my thoughts actually. I was glad to be able to diss Kara, the mentors, the guest judges, and say that I don't want to see more of the judges interactions, Ryan's banter with the judges, or the contestants personalities, backgrounds and behind the scenes. I also said the only theme week I like is "Contestants Choice", that I skip to the results on the results show, skip all the ads, and I definitely do not miss Paula or want her back in any capacity.
American Idol survey. Edit: From the survey:When you watch the recorded show, do you...Watch only Simon's comments and skip the other judges comments?Heh.
Took it.I don't even watch the singing anymore. I only listen to Simon, and if he says something unique then I'll go back and watch it.
Those questions hit on quite a lot of my thoughts actually. I was glad to be able to diss Kara, the mentors, the guest judges, and say that I don't want to see more of the judges interactions, Ryan's banter with the judges, or the contestants personalities, backgrounds and behind the scenes. I also said the only theme week I like is "Contestants Choice", that I skip to the results on the results show, skip all the ads, and I definitely do not miss Paula or want her back in any capacity.
So. You pretty much hate the show.

Crystal and Lee will be singing a duet tonight as will Mike and Casey.Spoiler alert?I think they did this last year, but I can't remember how well it went.