Lee Dewyze - Kiss by a Rose... book it. Best performance of the season. Game over.
LOL!Dead on......the song choice part anyway.Not sure about that performance.
  • Replies 799
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee - Ugh. Not in his range. Felt like he was rushing the lyrics, not 'feeling' them. His tone suits the bits where you yell "bay-bay" etc, but he only seemed to control the song right at the end when they slowed it for the close.Mike - Boring choice. Never really took off. Started too low and weak. Sounded like something you'd hear in any decent gospel church or whatever. Not a star performance. Didn't even seem like he was into the song in the first place either.Crystal and Lee - I like this song a lot. Good choice for them. Lee stood out as the better vocal, his voice dominated the harmonies and he did more with his solos. I don't care for the arrangement since it detracts from the subtleties of the song, but I wouldn't hold that against them.Casey - Good pick for all the middle aged women fans he has. Weird arrangement though. I didn't get any personality or 'story-telling' from his vocal. Like, what is he trying to get across to her through the lyrics? I am also sick of his stupid blond hair. I lost interest half way through the song. Just boring.Crystal - I don't know this song. This sounds like something I would hear in a barndance. The vocal is fine but I don't want to hear this again. Perhaps it's just not my cup of tea. Also her boyfriend is way cuter than she is, he is out of her league, except for his stupid clothes.Casey and Mike - I like this song also. Mike won the duel for me. These aren't duets, they are duels. Casey is a good guitarist, he should be a backing vocalist and lead guitarist in a band. Mike was more emotive and enjoyable for me in this duel.Lol @ Ellen's "I have loved a woman" comment. Only thing that has made me laugh on AI. Shame she is such a pointless judge.I'm guessing Mike and Casey will be bottom two as usual, but meh, I am not loving anyone anymore. I don't really mind too much, I just think Casey should go next.

Lee Dewyze - Kiss by a Rose... book it. Best performance of the season. Game over.
That performance was awful!Also, this show has not only jumped the shark. It has been anally raped by the shark. Poll: Who replaces Simon? Howard Stern? LOL Regis Philban? Puke. Betty White? Chuck Norris?
Crystal - I don't know this song. This sounds like something I would hear in a barndance. The vocal is fine but I don't want to hear this again. Perhaps it's just not my cup of tea. Also her boyfriend is way cuter than she is, he is out of her league, except for his stupid clothes.
You've made it a long way in life without seeing Caddyshack.
Crystal and Lee - I like this song a lot. Good choice for them. Lee stood out as the better vocal, his voice dominated the harmonies and he did more with his solos. I don't care for the arrangement since it detracts from the subtleties of the song, but I wouldn't hold that against them.
Yes, this was good.
Crystal - Also her boyfriend is way cuter than she is, he is out of her league, except for his stupid clothes.
This is what I thought of when they showed him:Wolf: "Boys, this is Raquel; someday all this will be hers."Raquel: "Hi. So what's with the outfits? You guys going to a volleyball game or something?"
Actually I've seen it several times. I just didn't notice that song I guess, so clearly it isn't memorable.
She changed it up quite a bit. It's a very '80's sounding song.
lol weeeeeeeeeeIt sucked though. He needed to go for it like I do when I sing this song at karaoke. I should have been the mentor this week instead of Jaime Foxx
Actually I've seen it several times. I just didn't notice that song I guess, so clearly it isn't memorable.
I guess...I mean, it's only the opening and end titles song. I personally felt cheated when Crystal didn't do some variation of the gopher dance. gofer3.gif
I guess...I mean, it's only the opening and end titles song. I personally felt cheated when Crystal didn't do some variation of the gopher dance. gofer3.gif
hahaI get that alot didn't like Crystal's version but being a hick I totally loved it.I don't think it mattered to my wife if Casey would have sang Ring around the Rosey last night. I could see her staring aimlessly into those blue eyes so I think Mike is doomed.
Crystal - I don't know this song. This sounds like something I would hear in a barndance. The vocal is fine but I don't want to hear this again. Perhaps it's just not my cup of tea. Also her boyfriend is way cuter than she is, he is out of her league, except for his stupid clothes.
This is all the wife and I could focus on. What happened there? Crunchy, back-tattoed hippie with a normal looking white guy in patriotic Zubaz pants? We must have spent 20 minutes trying to figure out how that happened.Lee and Crystal are safe.....Big Mike goes home I think.If you know off the top of your head who Mitch Cumstein is and why he was kicked out of college, then you really know Caddyshack.
If you know off the top of your head who Mitch Cumstein is and why he was kicked out of college, then you really know Caddyshack.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a donut with no hole is a danish.
If you know off the top of your head who Mitch Cumstein is and why he was kicked out of college, then you really know Caddyshack.
I have a great ability to not remember details from movies even when I've seen them numerous times and consider them a favourite. I rarely recognise quotes, character names, music etc. I don't know why, that stuff just doesn't stick with me. Probably the only movie quote I can think of off the top of my head is "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You put your lips together, and blow.". I'm not counting cliched lines which I heard in popular culture before I saw the movie it was from e.g. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". So I've seen Caddyshack 2 or 3 times in the last 3 years, and I wouldn't be able to say off the top of my head any of that shit in your post. Clearly it's not an effective test. You might want to reconfigure it. Or maybe you just wanted to show off how big a Caddyshack fan you are compared to everyone else here.p.s. who knows my quote? Not you, Joey. I know you know, 'cause we're tight like that.
Probably the only movie quote I can think of off the top of my head is "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You put your lips together, and blow.". I'm not counting cliched lines which I heard in popular culture before I saw the movie it was from e.g. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". p.s. who knows my quote? Not you, Joey. I know you know, 'cause we're tight like that.
Damn. I was getting ready to show off my movie knowledge even before you asked who knew and then you had to go and put that disclaimer there.
I have a great ability to not remember details from movies even when I've seen them numerous times and consider them a favourite. I rarely recognise quotes, character names, music etc. I don't know why, that stuff just doesn't stick with me. Probably the only movie quote I can think of off the top of my head is "You know how to whistle, don't you Steve? You put your lips together, and blow.". I'm not counting cliched lines which I heard in popular culture before I saw the movie it was from e.g. "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn". So I've seen Caddyshack 2 or 3 times in the last 3 years, and I wouldn't be able to say off the top of my head any of that shit in your post. Clearly it's not an effective test. You might want to reconfigure it. Or maybe you just wanted to show off how big a Caddyshack fan you are compared to everyone else here.p.s. who knows my quote? Not you, Joey. I know you know, 'cause we're tight like that.
Nail, head. My favorite movie evah.Just remember, never go night-putting with the dean's daughter.
That performance was awful!Also, this show has not only jumped the shark. It has been anally raped by the shark. Poll: Who replaces Simon? Howard Stern? LOL Regis Philban? Puke. Betty White? Chuck Norris?
Casey Kasem

Who had more dental surgery, Elliott or Fantasia?...and I finally watched last night's performances. Big mike was OK, but needs to quit trying to over emote.Casey was actually pretty good. He isn't as good of a guitarist as people like to believe. There was a lot of back up band helping during the duet.Lee was ok. I told my wife it sounded Karaoke.I liked Crystal. She really did a nice job on that song. How can you watch that movie MULTIPLE TIMES in the past several years and not know the theme song? Whatever.Duets: Lee & Crystal >>>>>> Mike CaseyFavorites were Crystal - Casey - Lee - Mike and I'd be fine with that as a result.Ellen gets best line of the season for: "Yes. I've actually loved a woman."

Who had more dental surgery, Elliott or Fantasia?
Elliot. That dude's teeth were F'ED up.I remember when he wasn't Elliot, he was "that dude with the f'ed up teeth."
Elliot. That dude's teeth were F'ED up.I remember when he wasn't Elliot, he was "that dude with the f'ed up teeth."
But Fantasia could floss with a piece of twine.
Right person going home, Casey's next to set up the obvious final, Lee takes it down.
I disagree. I think it should've been Casey, as he's proven that he just doesn't have a great voice.Honestly though, I don't think it matters anymore at this stage. Once you make the top 4 or 5, you're pretty much guaranteed an album it seems.