Unethical Behavior By Rio Staff At Wsop

I said earlier that what they are doing is unethical. You should never try to get tips that way. I will say that I'm all for tipping floorpeople and brushes who do a good job. From my experience, they make a lot less than a dealer, and have a more frustrating job. If they are polite and do their job well, do they not deserve a tip just like the dealers?Speaking of water, did anyone else notice in the movie "Hangover" that the character Doug was drinking FIJI water? It made me laugh.

I don't see this as much different than any bum begging for money.
i once gave a bum a half rack of beer, and he got mad because he didn't drink. the only non-drinking bum in all of seattle probably
i once gave a bum a half rack of beer, and he got mad because he didn't drink. the only non-drinking bum in all of seattle probably
WTF is a half rack?Like half a 6pack?
I don't see this as much different than any bum begging for money.
Well the bum isn't offering something you want in exchange.
Except a feeling of empathetic connection with your fellow man down on his luck...Oh and a bottle of water
LOL I was going to say a bottle of water in the Vegas heat. Balloonguy beat me to it.
Chrozzo is on the back of all our minds
GODAMMIT! YOU ALL BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!its nice to know others are thinking of you though...hehehe

Sadly, I'm not surprised by the floors' actions. Way to spread a bad/even worse rap at the property than runs the WSOP.If you really want to spend a little dough in Vegas to be "taken care of", I'd suggest Sapphire's.

That just doesn't sound like something floor people at the Rio would do, it's so low class you'd think it was the El Cortez or something. What needed to be done, immediately, was report the floorman. Ask for a shift manager and when they tell you they can't find him, go find him yourself and tell them exactly what happened. Those guys need to be fired. It's true Vegas has always been a town where "money talks" but it's not supposed to go down like that. It goes more like this: last week I was at Flamingo and wanted to Valet the car. Guy asks, "Are you a guest at the hotel sir?" and I say no. "He says, I'm sorry sir, valet is full and only open to guests at the hotel." That's when you can use the "Vegas tricks" if you will... "Oh just a second, here is my room key right here (pass a C-note to valet guy)" and presto, there is one spot available! Nothing really wrong with that, seriously, the guy didn't beg for a tip, but if you want an extra privilege that he doesn't need to give you, you gotta do something for him. You wanna skip lines at a club, you take care of a host. You want a floorman to call you in your room when your seat opens at the poker table, leave him a little summin' summin'. You don't get extra perks for free.

I had to sign up to respond to this, lurking was no longer an option. The Rio staff are far and away the most unethical bunch of con men in a large Vegas venue that I've run across. They are unfair as to their rules, skim money by way of insane tipping procedure and most important will not listen to your side when federal amounts of drugs are "found" in your room. Do not book Rio.

I had to sign up to respond to this, lurking was no longer an option. The Rio staff are far and away the most unethical bunch of con men in a large Vegas venue that I've run across. They are unfair as to their rules, skim money by way of insane tipping procedure and most important will not listen to your side when federal amounts of drugs are "found" in your room. Do not book Rio.
:jh:qh:D:4h:3h:ts:5c:club:
I laughed..

There's an undefinable line when it comes to this stuff.Vegas as a whole is one huge angle-shot. It's like walking into one big car dealership.I hate it. I love vegas.....hell, i just booked a trip for week one NFL! And I can't be a total hypocrite because I'll be getting 2 nights free, and will be trying for a 3rd. So in theory that's just the first level of angle shooting. But there is a clear line when people are being COUNTER productive to their job to effectively hustle people.

There's an undefinable line when it comes to this stuff.Vegas as a whole is one huge angle-shot. It's like walking into one big car dealership.I hate it. I love vegas.....hell, i just booked a trip for week one NFL! And I can't be a total hypocrite because I'll be getting 2 nights free, and will be trying for a 3rd. So in theory that's just the first level of angle shooting. But there is a clear line when people are being COUNTER productive to their job to effectively hustle people.
Me too! Can't wait to play poker and bet college and NFL!
This is a direct response about the accusation that the WSOP is selling cash games seats.It's 100% true. And the people running this scam not only knew about it, but consider it the right way to run a poker room.The two floormen/supervisors directly responsible for this are:Joe Parks, who is the board op/cashier supervisor during the WSOP and is the main board op/cashier in the Rio poker room the rest of the year.Tyler Pipal, who is the swing shift supervisor during the WSOP and the head of the Rio poker room the rest of the year.Both of these men not only knew about what was going on but encouraged it during the WSOP and also practice it during the rest of the year in the Rio Poker room.They both think standard operating procedure is to put fake names on a list and sell the seats to players who want in. This is straight fraud. It's not tipping for a service or to skip a line. There is no line and they both know there is no service.Not only that but during the entire WSOP in the main Rio Poker room, the two of them came up with a method to scam all the WSOP hold em players. During the entire series, they have mandated that the dealers drop the $1 bonus on all hold em games and claim that it's going to the bad beat jackpot. Only a tiny fraction of that money is going back to the WSOP players. The main part of that is going to fund promotions for the rest of the year in the Rio poker room. Promotions that benefit the employees, especially the cashiers and floors.Think it's wrong?Call Jack Effel and complain. He's their boss.Or call Howard Greenbaum and complain. He's Jack's Boss.Or call Marilyn Wynn and complain. She's the head of the property.702-777-7777You can also call the Rio poker room and ask to speak to director, Tyler Pipal himself. He's the one who thinks robbing the players and making people pay for seats is standard procedure. 702-777-7650 option 4
Wow, this is getting really serious
Yeah I guess I'm not the only one who encountered this. I knew it was BS and took the shuttle back to the main strip to play elsewhere.
IP FTW mofos!