2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

Yeah, I can understand that, I just get a bust vibe for some reason.
If I had a shot at him, your vibe would would worry me! Your usually pretty good with young boys.By the way, the pool I run had its draft lottery last week during the NHL draft. I think we're gonna throw the video on youtube. Try to out-geek that FCHL!
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you don't have #30 pick. That is Broadway's 2nd rounder which I have.I have # 5, 9, 16, 29, 30.
Oops, you're right, and that screwup messed up the rest of my list. I actually have:12, 22, 24, 31, 36, 39, 49, 54, 60, 61
Burke wanted a non European Middle-Eastern who could really brawl and took Kadri. Dallas wanted a goal scorer and took Glennie the wrong one. Ottawa wanted a big dman and Cowan wasted a high pick. MPS fell into Edmonton's lap.
FYP
Team needs of course dictates where a player goes too. I'm thinking MPS could have went 6th and no one would have batted an eye, but Phoenix wanted an offensive defensive and took Larsson. Burke wanted a non European and took Kadri. Dallas wanted a goal scorer and took Glennie. Ottawa wanted a big dman and took Cowan. MPS fell into Edmonton's lap.
yeah, I mean, mathematically, there's no way I could be disappointed with who's going to be left at #7. I'm going to get a first-liner with a 70 point potential regardless of who you hooligans take.
FYP
The #7 and #8 picks were the most baffling things ever, from my seat at the bar watching the draft. I just don't get what Burke and Niewendyk were thinking. Edmonton got away with robbery, easiest pick in their history.
The #7 and #8 picks were the most baffling things ever, from my seat at the bar watching the draft. I just don't get what Burke and Niewendyk were thinking. Edmonton got away with robbery, easiest pick in their history.
I knew the Leafs would never take him....ooops, I meant Burke's EGO would never take him.Dallas skipping over him suprised me, Ottawa.....well, I guess Cowan is someone who used to be rated much higher and could really prove to be something. Maybe Ottawa thinks they got their own steal. But Dallas took the wrong guy in my opinion, and based on their future needs, so did Ottawa and Toronto. I really think, based on the little I saw of MPS, he could be a real find. Then again, he could be Jani Rita.Also, I have a real difference of opinion with teams selecting for their needs so high in the draft. We're talking about the best in the class here, hopefully future stars. Id pick the guy I thought was the best, and deal with the other issues later.
Also, I have a real difference of opinion with teams selecting for their needs so high in the draft. We're talking about the best in the class here, hopefully future stars. Id pick the guy I thought was the best, and deal with the other issues later.
Drafting for need is stupid, you don't know what you're going to need 3-4 years down the road when the player matures and is ready to make an impact for you. Take the best player available, then build your team around what you've got on the way up in the pipeline.
I knew the Leafs would never take him....ooops, I meant Burke's EGO would never take him.Dallas skipping over him suprised me, Ottawa.....well, I guess Cowan is someone who used to be rated much higher and could really prove to be something. Maybe Ottawa thinks they got their own steal. But Dallas took the wrong guy in my opinion, and based on their future needs, so did Ottawa and Toronto. I really think, based on the little I saw of MPS, he could be a real find. Then again, he could be Jani Rita.Also, I have a real difference of opinion with teams selecting for their needs so high in the draft. We're talking about the best in the class here, hopefully future stars. Id pick the guy I thought was the best, and deal with the other issues later.
yeah, it's not like it's extremely difficult to find a trading partner or anything. just draft the best kid available and let the GM do his job later.I honestly don't know who I will take with the #7, but I'm assuming MPS will be there. Maybe I'm wrong.

FCHL 2 drafts on July 6th. I have the first pick and will be picking the next superstar of the Islanders.We draft 7 rounds this season since all of our farm teams are empty, makes the draft list a lot more difficult to assemble.

Ottawa wanted a big dman and took Cowan. MPS fell into Edmonton's lap.
I don't think Ottawa was really looking for a dman at all -- Kadri and Glennie were who they were hoping for. MPS would be next logical choice but he looks to be Antoinne Vermette 2.0 whom the team just unloaded after years of rumours.

I don't know if it was Nell coming out of hiding, or the NHL doing their draft but it got me excited again. I did a lot of research yesterday, and I must say that MPS is definitely one to consider at the 5 spot.

I don't know if it was Nell coming out of hiding, or the NHL doing their draft but it got me excited again. I did a lot of research yesterday, and I must say that MPS is definitely one to consider at the 5 spot.
Sigh...
yes, definitely!
Sigh...
You sigh because.... you are sick of MPS talk? or you realize he probably won't be there when you pick. Maybe a bit of both?I am considering taking him at 5. I doubt he'll last until 9.
You sigh because.... you are sick of MPS talk? or you realize he probably won't be there when you pick. Maybe a bit of both?I am considering taking him at 5. I doubt he'll last until 9.
The latter.
I think it's because you want a team at #3/4 to take him and have another player fall though! :club:
Heh no, I don't bluff about who I'm drafting. 2 years ago Adam knew I was drafting Kulemin and tried hard to move up to the spot before me to get him and it wasn't a big secret that I was targeting him. I'll be happy with any of Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane or Svensson. I won the whole damn thing twice and have 2 top 10 picks. As far as I'm concerned, anyone I get is gravy.
Heh no, I don't bluff about who I'm drafting. 2 years ago Adam knew I was drafting Kulemin and tried hard to move up to the spot before me to get him and it wasn't a big secret that I was targeting him. I'll be happy with any of Tavares, Hedman, Duchene, Kane or Svensson. I won the whole damn thing twice and have 2 top 10 picks. As far as I'm concerned, anyone I get is gravy.
I remember knowing in advance that you were almost certainly taking Kulemin, but I don't recall trying to trade up to scoop you. I have no idea how you managed to get/keep those picks on the heels of back to back championships.
I remember knowing in advance that you were almost certainly taking Kulemin, but I don't recall trying to trade up to scoop you. I have no idea how you managed to get/keep those picks on the heels of back to back championships.
You were in talks with Arp for his pick right before mine. I guess you couldn't get it from him and he kept it and drafted his ONLY farm player, Skille.Ironically, both of my 1st round picks this year came from Danny in 2 separate trades. Both times Marc Savard was traded from my end.
if we were to do a tsn top 10 worst fchl trades how many would feature dannyg??
I know my Parise trade is Top 5, probably Top 3.I want to draft.