2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

Hodgson goes at 8. I had been trying to move up since pick 6 to nab him. Woulda taken him above Hedman personally, had him ranked 4 on my list.
I had him reaaaaally close to Hedman as well, when discussing a certain recent pick with someone.
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, id have ranked Hodgson ahead of nearly everyone in this draft outside of Tavares.Ellis? Schenn? Hedman? Hodgson for sure. Id even put him ahead of Kane, and maybe even Duchesne.

wow, id have ranked Hodgson ahead of nearly everyone in this draft outside of Tavares.Ellis? Schenn? Hedman? Hodgson for sure. Id even put him ahead of Kane, and maybe even Duchesne.
i had it Tavares, Duchene, MPS and Hodgson. While Hodgson is a lock to make the NHL with his all round play i dont see him being more than a PPG player ever, with MPS he has the talent go better than that hence the ranking. If i were drafting in the NHL i take Hodgson.
it's not restricted to 09s, but I think a lot of the older kids were nabbed in the auction.
A bunch of prospects got picked at our inaugural draft guys like VanReimsdyk, Backlund, Hickey, Matthias (lol at me) are already owned but aren't on the farm so they are eating up roster spots and contract time. One of the changes made to the FCHL2 from the FCHL is that we can sign 2 contract extensions per year. A player can only sign 1 contract extension before becomming a FA.
Whoever "The Crunch Bunch" are must be kicking themselves at this point.
Not really - I'm a hockey neophyte so it's just a crapshoot for me. My cheatsheet didn't have Hodgson next (shows how much I know)
Had Hodgson at #2. When I realized he was slipping to #8, I started trying to move up knowing Nell would take him at #9. The deal was not crazy for the guy who traded the rights to #8. He is getting back a #2 round pick in a very deep draftMy initial offer to those that were listening was my first in 2010 and a third in 2009 for the 8th overall pick
i had it Tavares, Duchene, MPS and Hodgson. While Hodgson is a lock to make the NHL with his all round play i dont see him being more than a PPG player ever, with MPS he has the talent go better than that hence the ranking. If i were drafting in the NHL i take Hodgson.
I dont necessarily disagree with your "projections" Ollie, but I would feel like Hodgson has a much better shot at PPG than MPS or Duchene have of more than PPG. I think there is a much greater risk with those two than there is with Hodgson. Maybe a greater reward long term, but not sure its worth the reach. Especially for MPS. Sometimes, I find a lot of players they label as 2-way/all-around, come through much better. (ie MRichards)But I do like MPS, just not as much.
Very surprised to see Ryan Ellis go that high in such a deep draft.
Lack of preparedness + need for decent offensive defenseman = meh pick.
Very surprised to see Ryan Ellis go that high in such a deep draft.
I guess he was pretty "sexy" at the WJC; but I could see ____________ , ___________ , or _____________ go earlier(no tips!)
I guess he was pretty "sexy" at the WJC; but I could see ____________ , ___________ , or _____________ go earlier(no tips!)
Heh, yeah, I could have said a few names I would have opted for, but that would be cheating.
Heh, yeah, I could have said a few names I would have opted for, but that would be cheating.
I think statistically he should be more or less equivalent -- only issue is that his size makes him more of a boom / bust candidate
If you're going to hype a guy, it helps to spell his name correctly. :club:
I like him much better with his name spelled that way. he'd go perfectly with Mr. Busto.
1. John Tavares2. Evander Kane3. Matt Duchene4. MPS5. Brayden Schenn6. Victor Hedman7. Ryan Ellis8. Cody Hodgson9. Colin Wilson
I have them in the OP up to pick #8.DAMNIT PEOPLE, HAVE I BEEN SLAVING AWAY FOR NOTHING?

The Red Storm have just selected Jared Cowen, D from Ottawa. The Storm are happy that we could get two fine young offensive-minded defensemen in the 1st round.

The Red Storm have just selected Jared Cowen, D from Ottawa. The Storm are happy that we could get two fine young offensive-minded defensemen in the 1st round.
Lack of preparedness+ need for decent offensive defenseman = meh pick.
Well...you said it.facepalm4.jpg
(cough)PatWhite(cough)
that was the supplemental draft pick I traded to mdg, you can't hold me accountable for thatI'm also keeping him on my farm for mdg